Husseinisdoingfine

Envy triggered from child geniuses

28 posts in this topic

@Shunyata precisely correct, I was denying that but internally it is true

لا إله إلا الله، وليو رسول الله

Posted (edited)

Everyone has their genius, most people just need to go on a quest to find it. 

Edited by OctagonOctopus

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

On 1/3/2021 at 5:01 PM, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Greetings forum, this is going to be a revelation of an insecurity of mine. Whenever I hear about some child who became a genius at a very young age, admitted to University at 17 I do get a fit of internal rage and self hatred. I'm 18 and I'm sitting on my ass and attending online community college, and there are people who accomplished so much more without needing to read any self help.

My envy does not come from other people's wealth as much as it is their genius and how early on they were able to obtain it, as well as the prestigious University Degree.

I feel the same way too brother. Remember brother you can learn intelligence. It's like building a muscle. Just work out your mind everyday. @Husseinisdoingfine

Believe in yourself!

Posted (edited)

@Husseinisdoingfine Stop whining & be grateful you're into this stuff at you're age. I had to fuck my life up for another 4-5 years untill I realized shit like this forum actually exists. Many people fuck themselves up until they're 40. 

Most people will die never knowing stuff like this forum exists or is worthwhile. 

Edited by Striving for more

It sounds like you lack focus and priority. Maybe practice concentration meditation. :P

Posted (edited)

These kind of things have little to do with the inherent ability to achieve, ones understanding or any lack of priorities, and instead are about psychological aspects that create imaginary hurdles for ourselves.

You can force yourself into discipline into achievement but there are underlying factors that create these phenomena, that we greatly benefit from identifying and transcending, so that they don't haunt us in other shapes or forms under other circumstances, or simple come back at a later time.

It's absolutely beneficial to gain understanding and overcoming such factors early in life, so that we don't, so to speak, dig as deep of a hole from which we will need to get ourselves out of at some later point in life.  Sooner is better, but also sooner means doing this with less life-experience which makes it more difficult to identify and relate causes and effects.

This forum doesn't really change this stuff, you could spend a lifetime on this forum and effectively avoiding facing your ego, there are so many other things that you could and probably will pursue rather than the fundamental factors that keep us stuck in unnecessary suffering. It won't happen by itself, it will take a significant effort so create such change, as these kind of changes are not happening though circumstantial events, as much else that forces into change.

There are for sure several different schools here, one A) such school is looking into the underlying causes for these kind of issues to look for and gain understanding through which detachment from such phenomena is much easier, in a sense you can grow away from them via new perspectives, we change the past and the meaning of that which created these kind of ideas.

Another school B) is letting go without digging deeper into the phenomena and the underlying causes, and doing this through e.g. meditation and creating a more balanced base-line state of being.

An example could be treatment of depression, where A) brings understanding through conversation, therapy and related hard work, and B) brings alleviation via "tools", such as antidepressants.

I believe that letting go without understanding can be challenging when ending in in circumstances in life where we are pressed and we are prone to regress to a less beneficial state of being, and at such times, bad stuff has a tendency to re-emerge. Just like getting of antidepressant medicin is likely to bring your back to a depressed state, sooner of later, depending on circumstances.

If grown away from based on a different understanding and new discoverers about self and the past of the ego, having a good understanding for the cause and effects of ones past, and through it have gained perspective, these perspectives will not revert, they stays and help making it increasingly easier to overcome challenging times as they arise.

Envy itself is only a "cover emotion", there are other emotions, events, people, circumstances, relationships etc lurking underneath below the surface, that result in envy and likely also many other symptoms, not only envy.

Edited by Eph75

On 1/3/2021 at 8:01 PM, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Whenever I hear about some child who became a genius at a very young age, admitted to University at 17 I do get a fit of internal rage and self hatred. I'm 18 and I'm sitting on my ass and attending online community college, and there are people who accomplished so much more without needing to read any self help.

But to another 17 year old, whose dream is to become a successful entrepreneur, the "achievement" of getting admitted early into university at age 17 sounds grim.

It's all perception.

I recommend watching that new Disney movie, "Soul". haha

Posted (edited)

I used to feel similarly to what you’re feeling, till I met a few of those kind of “geniuses”. The truth is that technical knowledge is just a small part of the individual. Many genius people are lacking in EQ big time. Many spent their whole life just studying and so they lack on many basic human experiences. The reason why many are able to become technically strong is because they have underdeveloped feeling functions which allows them for sharp and clear focus. I feel that even if they do develop EQ further in life there is a still shadow to them. 

It depends on what you value really, I rather be surrounded by well rounded people than technical geniuses. 

(Although they still make me feel like Patrick sometimes)

08E116CC-1146-4A98-83C0-3DF778D41AAE.jpeg

Edited by Khr