Husseinisdoingfine

Envy triggered from child geniuses

28 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Greetings forum, this is going to be a revelation of an insecurity of mine. Whenever I hear about some child who became a genius at a very young age, admitted to University at 17 I do get a fit of internal rage and self hatred. I'm 18 and I'm sitting on my ass and attending online community college, and there are people who accomplished so much more without needing to read any self help.

My envy does not come from other people's wealth as much as it is their genius and how early on they were able to obtain it, as well as the prestigious University Degree.

Edited by Husseinisdoingfine

لا إله إلا الله، وليو رسول الله

Hehe I do think you're genius too. You're on this forum meanwhile I'm older than you but here you're at 18 and I'm 27 

Lol I'm jealous too. xDxD:P

INTP loner... .shy girl..

Preety preety

It's helpful to realize that jealousy is a symptom of the ego, which means it is probably based on some sort of delusional or myopic look at reality. When you're jealous, you're focusing on a very minute aspect of someone, an aspect that is ideal for you. But, by doing this, you completely disregard everything else about the person. All the potentially unideal things. Maybe the cost of getting to where they are has left them less happy than you are right now. I mean, seriously, you have no idea what they've been through. But, your ego will disregard all of this stuff and focus on the one thing you like about them. The ego doesn't want to be holistic about it.

You need to realize that in order for that person you're jealous of to get to where they are, they had to lead a completely different life from you. Would you give up your personality, family, life, friends, etc. to become that person, just so you can be a "genius"? Of course not. This is why it makes no sense to be jealous of someone, because you're not jealous of them personally, you just want a certain aspect of their life to be in your life. You want that aspect in your life, on your terms, and you wouldn't want it any other way. When you realize this, suddenly, your jealousy transforms into inspiration. You need to become inspired by ideal qualities, not jealous. When you see a quality you like, you should think: "How can I fit that aspect into my life" instead of "I wish I was that person". You don't want to be that person, you want all the qualities of your current life, but with an additional quality that you saw in another person. That's all.

Jealousy skews the qualities you want and focuses it on another person's life. It creates this whole fantasy about how they're doing "better" than you. It makes your inspiration focused on another person instead of yourself.

"If you showed a caveman our technology, he would think it was magic. And if you showed a modern man magic, he would think it was technology." - Outlast (video game)

The reality of it is missing out on a childhood, being a 'freak show', having to live up to absurd expectations and inevitably experiencing relationship dysfunction in adulthood.

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Greetings forum, this is going to be a revelation of an insecurity of mine. Whenever I hear about some child who became a genius at a very young age, admitted to University at 17 I do get a fit of internal rage and self hatred. I'm 18 and I'm sitting on my ass and attending online community college, and there are people who accomplished so much more without needing to read any self help.

My envy does not come from other people's wealth as much as it is their genius and how early on they were able to obtain it, as well as the prestigious University Degree.

Be careful here.

Do not judge someone favourably or otherwise, by just knowing about 2-3% of their existence. What any kind of media (or any kind of marketing) shows us is just the tip of the iceberg - there’s so much more to each human life - so many factors to consider here.

Nobody is going to share everything about themselves - but just those aspects that shed a positive light on them - that which is going to help elevate their social status. 

It’s all rosy until you’re in their shoes.

It’s all glitter until you’re living their reality. 

Edited by xxxx

Posted (edited)

Like Preety said, youre 18 talking about Spiral Dynamics and complex politics, I was watching Ancient Aliens your age (cringe) youre doing great! dont worry about others, theres infinite stuff to get annoyed by or be jealous of, leave it behind and choose where your focus goes.

Or do a shadow investigation into your childhood, maybe child-genius triggers some trauma for you. 

Edited by Rilles

13 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Whenever I hear about some child who became a genius at a very young age, admitted to University at 17 I do get a fit of internal rage and self hatred.

Why does this bother you? Why is being a genius so important to you? Do you have any qualities that other people don't have? Are they envious of you?

Consiousness is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is.

Posted (edited)

@Husseinisdoingfine Yes, there's people who do better than you. So what?

Do you compare your running with Usain Bolt?  Do you compare your intellect with Hawking? Do you compare your possessions with those of Bezos?  

Why not? Why don't they evoke rage or jealousy in you?

Well you say, "they're beyond my league!" 

But you're the one who set up the frame/context for this comparison. You set up completely arbitrary standards to whom you want to compare yourself.

And besides, you don't know anything else about these people, do you? All you do is pick one accomplishment/feature of these people and then say "oh I'm doing so much worse than them". 

But what you didn't know about them is that they maybe have a terrible problem somewhere else in their life. Maybe they're autistic or have some auto-immune disease. Why not compare with that, hm? You see?

All comparisons with other people are completely insubstantial because they are too arbitrary and too myopic. 

Edited by Tim R

"Love is all that I can give to you ❤ Love is more than just a game for two!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JErVP6xLZwg 

Posted (edited)

the key here is to be grateful for what you have and then you vibrationally attract more of that into your life vs comparing yourself to others. By being grateful for something your mind places value on that thing making you subconsciously and effortlessly find ways to get more of that.

A lot of times , I've found that most of the things I envied in other people a while back were gifts, talents, and things I actually had within myself all along but just hadn't actualized yet.

Your ultimate desire is full union with your true self. Self-Actualization. Not everyone will envy the same things as 

you because your mind is projecting it onto reality.

Edited by Byun Sean

Posted (edited)

@Husseinisdoingfine

17 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

If you study neuro-linguistic-programming, one with among other assumptions is that your self concept will make comparisons to other self images as a default to surviving better. I think that of you study NLP, your jealousy problems will over time not be so problematic. 

Edited by Danioover9000

Thanks for sharing, I can relate to some extent. You don't need to be a child genius to live your top 10 values fully or have great impact (only certain kinds of impact but you know). 

@Husseinisdoingfine Being more intelligent can actually hurt you sometimes. It makes you very stuck in your head, very logical, analytical and less peaceful in your head. Happiness is what you want and being a genius will not make you any happier, trust me. You will have other world standards about everything and very hard to please. I personally know very intelligent people and their standards are so high that i do not feel like they are any happier than me. I consider myself slightly above intelligent and would not choose to be a genius even if given the chance honestly.

A lot of them are miserable as fuck unless they work on their peace of mind.

If it makes you feel better Alexander the Great conquered like 1/3 of the world at 20 so...

20 hours ago, Rilles said:

I was watching Ancient Aliens your age

Hahahaha xD. I remember watching that and it always reminded me of this guy. 

4sl6rh.gif

INTP loner... .shy girl..

Preety preety

On 2021-01-04 at 2:01 AM, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Life; it's not a competition. There is always someone else that is better in every concievable way, when looking for comparisons. If this is allowed to keep triggering us, we loose twice, first by comparison, second by turning to an  unfavorable version of self, a self where we stay stuck instead of allowing ourselves to thrive and grow. 

Just staying with that thought, that there is no skill or competency that we have that someone else can't do better, and with the feelings that thought arouses. Embrace the absolute lack of need to be better than someone else, we can find solitude in becoming better version of self, without it being a end-of-means in itself, and without judgement againt self nor others. And the allowing us to let comparison go, is the best favor we can do ourselves. 

Posted (edited)

@Keyhole a beautiful answer.

I think what is not mentioned here is that jealousy is very dangerous. We should cherish other people's talents, not fall into superiority or inferiority complexes, because we all have our own set of talents that are not better or worse than someone else's set of talents. 

Humans, humans... You make lots of stupid mistakes in your very short lives. When you see someone who you think is more beautiful, smart, talented, rich etc. You don't see the glory of the same self in all, you get filled with ugly jealousy.

Is it because you hate yourselves in secret?

That's why you should work on your inferiority complex, your lack of being and gain real power, that of the real self.

Edited by Shunyata

Stay cool & dry.

Posted (edited)

You want to be a genius because you want to feel adored and loved, but I think that real genius is to be free of that burden of wanting to impress other people.

Edited by Shunyata

Stay cool & dry.