AlldayLoop

[book] Inner Engineering: A Yogi's Guide To Joy, Sadhguru

3 posts in this topic

I recently saw Sadhguru live, as he is promoting his new book in the States. Has anybody read his book yet? I am planning to get it real soon.

i don't know that book, but sadhguru is trustworthy.

unborn Truth

Hi,

I read this book twice already as it offers a great understanding and insight about Life. But I have already done his Online "Inner Engeneering Course" some years ago. There are many worthwile Sadhanas (Little exercises to enhance your arareness) in it and it is also written with a lot of humour.

One of Sadhgurus claims is that it is completely in your own hands how you feel inside yourself and that you create every single Emotion (which is a chemical) by and within yourself. And that is for sure true. If you act conciously to any outside situation, you have freedom since you have Options to respond. If you react compulsively however you are not free at all since that compulsiveness means just one compulsory result.

I think it`s a must read. Here a book tour speech:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKrxeJm1eGI

I would not consider me a follower of him, but I like the way he presents his precious insights.

personally I am a lot more happier and I feel vibrations in my whole body when contemplating about things like "being responsible for everything that is" in the sense that responsibility (= response-ability) means being able to respond to everything inside myself consciously and not to draw boundarys for what I feel "responsible" and for what not (Family, nation, Environment race etc.). That however is burdensome as these boundaries are tested all the time. So why not become responsible for all life and all that is (=our true nature) Responsibility does not mean Action but to act is one of several options that come AFTER being responsible.

That is a great talk as he was invited by Google: