lau

vegan wanting to eat meat again!

33 posts in this topic

Notice the difference between the one who is attempting to sacrifice in the name of his brothers and sisters, and the one who is seeking justification for why he is sacrificing his brothers and sisters.

Imagine you were not certain whether you had to sacrifice your brothers and sisters to thrive, yet, you chose to sacrifice them anyways, just to be safe. Is this self-love, compassion and sensitivity to life? Or is this fear?

Glory to Israel

As a vegan, I don't think that a vegan diet is optimal for most people health-wise.

If I only cared about health, I definitely would add some organ meat to my diet to get all the nutrients.

But you can add them through supplements and it is safe to take them if you're smart about the form and the dose.

It might not be optimal but even if a vegan diet was as bad as the SAD, I still would say no to meat.

And the good thing is that only eating plants isn't gonna destroy your body if you're smart about it.

You can thrive even if you only eat plants.

I used to hate veganism a couple months back, becoming more conscious is what made me quit meat.

I shoot vids about health (https://bit.ly/395NEhj)

@Village Tone down the anti-vegetarian/vegan rhetoric.

3 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

The fact is that vegetables contain anti nutrients and are not in any way conducive to good health, quite the opposite actually. 

@Husseinisdoingfine Don’t spread misinformation. 

@lau Hey man, I understand. My first steak after a few months of meat-free was amazing. My body really craved it.

If you're wanting to put some animal products back into your system I'd only put the highest quality. 

Unfortunately all fish is laced with mercury and heavy metals so I wouldn't bother. If you want fish Omega's maybe think about buying some High Quality Arctic Krill Oil, virtually no heavy metals.

And for meat I think organic chicken is the best. Pork and cows are really intelligent animals and I kinda feel bad eating them, there also a lot of fat. But chickens are lean and dumb as cluck. And stay away from eggs, not healthy anymore.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

14 hours ago, Forestluv said:

@Village Tone down the anti-vegetarian/vegan rhetoric.

@Husseinisdoingfine Don’t spread misinformation. 

lol what the fuck? I'm trying to save OP's life here with valid arguments that our vegan friends here so far couldn't counter — we have @datamonster not providing any argument and simply calling 'this is BS', @Scholar starting a pseudo-spiritual evaluation of me after running out of relevant things to say (essentially ego-driven attacks to avoid the topic), and finally @neutralempty outright shitposting and calling me a malicious sociopath — and now we have you joining the party and abusing your mod power, and it's ME who's getting warned. What a joke. xD If it's all "rhetoric" and "misinformation", why don't you provide an argument instead of silencing people?

@Leo GuraHow do you allow religious vegans police the forum around like this?

Edited by Village

@neutralempty Leo eats meat and alot of it because of health issues. Necessary to sustain his body. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

23 minutes ago, neutralempty said:

@Village The question is how hasn't he banned a sociopath like you spreading dangerous health information and intentional lies.

The audacity on you.. then claiming to be for life.. have some respect!

Ahhh, more shitposting from you 9_9

Right, "eat meat" is dangerous advice guys, instead y'all should deprive yourself of meat and become drug-dependent patients who inject/pop the whole lot of nutrients a vegan diet lacks.

@neutralempty We should have some new forum rules to help encourage healthy nutrition conversations. These kind of debates are unhealhty, not sure why stopping them is not on the moderators check list. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

3 hours ago, integral said:

not sure why stopping them is not on the moderators check list. 

as far as I can neither @Village nor @neutralempty have broken any rules. I see these two bickering over the same topic over and over but neither of them has done anything wrong. I may close the thread soon thou cause we're not leading anywhere and I believe OP has receive the answer he was looking for. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

The fact is that vegetables contain anti nutrients and are not in any way conducive to good health, quite the opposite actually. 

@Husseinisdoingfine

thx doc

Edited by Yali

On 6-1-2021 at 8:38 PM, Michael569 said:

as far as I can neither @Village nor @neutralempty have broken any rules. I see these two bickering over the same topic over and over but neither of them has done anything wrong. I may close the thread soon thou cause we're not leading anywhere and I believe OP has receive the answer he was looking for. 

@Michael569 Here's an exerpt from the forum rules that disagrees with you there.

#1 Rule: Don't Be A Jerk
Speak to people with respect here. Be conscious and compassionate. Treat this place like a Zen temple, not a public toilet.

- - - - - - - - - -

Basic guidelines for quality posting:

Show a level of respect & humility. Demonstrate kindness, friendliness, and compassion towards fellow members.

Show a willingness to learn and consider multiple points of view, rather than only pushing your own.

These are just the bare minimum quality standards expected of everyone on this forum. There are other implicit quality standards which are too numerous and subtle to enumerate, but our Mods will be watching you. So watch what you post.

This is not a free-speech zone and we will definitely "censor" you and ban you if your presence here drags down the overall quality of the forum.

If we see you repeatedly acting from ego with no self-awareness or ability to restrain yourself, you will be banned.

I think the highlighted rules were broken by several people of both sides in this debate. The sarcasm and overall childish attitude of both sides is disgusting and below what I assumed the quality standard of this forum was.

What’s NOT Allowed:

Verbal abuse

Verbally abusing moderators or administrators

Calling members names like: stupid, idiot, moron, asshole, retard, etc.

Trash-talking, trolling, chronic criticism, blaming, and finger-pointing

I think mods have failed to do their job in this thread, given that someone was definitely name-called a sociopath multiple times, and no warning was issued. Very disappointing.

@Forestluv You had an opportunity to tell both sides to cut out the childishness and communicate in a mature way, but instead you told one side to stop communicating his side of the argument. Instead of addressing the abusive behavior, you mixed yourself into the debate with a bias. Also disappointing.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@flowboy if I was to search 10 topics on random, 5 of them would have some sort disputable communication potentially violating laws. These are not a bible although obviously a gross violation such as calling someone directly the f-word or c-word would be penalised. These two have been fighting on and off but I don't see any major rule-breaking although I agree with you that we didn't do our work here perfectly, the thread should have been closed long ago. 

I appreciate your feedback thou and your support for helping us identify spambots and hidden spammers thus far. I am also closing this topic as it has long ago run its course. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus