Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Value

How important is money actually?

13 posts in this topic

Any thoughts ladies? I would like to get a really honest point of view.

If you don't have enough money, then it's extremely important.

But past a certain amount of money, it does not make you or anyone happier by much. With more money, you start to ponder more on other things.

Well, what do you really want out of life? What is that exactly, be specific.

Having lots of stuff and being really comfortable isn't what you actually want (even if you think you do), because no matter how much you get you'll just keep raising the bar for how much you need to be satisfied. This is why you have the phenomena of egregiously rich people who are depressed, suicidal, and unhappy. So that's not the answer.

I mean what do you want your daily life to look like, what are you doing? Who are you with? Where are you?

Does this cost a lot of money to more or less reach the place where those things are a daily reality for you? If so then yes, getting some money is important. If not, no.

The important thing to remember is money is tertiary. It's never the most important thing. Resources are what you use FOR everything else in life, you don't use life for resources.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

An average salary in a developed country is more than enough. As Leo has said, you use money as a crutch when your personality sucks. Working on personality is the best way. Taking care of yourself physically aka grooming, gym, clothes etc also helps more than money.

People in developed countries do not care that much about money.

In poorer countries it is another matter though

3 hours ago, Value said:

Are you referring to how important money is for attracting women? Means nothing, money can help you potentially work on areas that would increase your dating potential but having millions dose not make a girl wet unless they have some weird money fetish. 

17 hours ago, Value said:

I would like to get a really honest point of view.

I’m going to get flak for this, still, here’s my opinion:

In terms of survival value: Money is not everything, it is the only thing. 

Everything you have on right now, and look around - clothes, food, house, electricity, transport facilities- is all some kind of value provision with money as the medium of exchange, mostly. 

Think about this — what do you have on and around you that has not been bought by money? 

It’s impossible to survive without money, so yeah, money is pretty important. 

Now, the question regarding how much one needs is highly subjective - it depends on your personal aspirations. Some may seek a highly luxurious life, while some may opt for a more frugal living. 

With respect to girls, again, it varies - the context changes with each change in a variable - and there are a plethora of variables involved in the making of a romantic relationship. 

If I can put it like this - possession of money is equivalent to the survival of the fittest principle, nowadays - and people usually choose to associate with those who ensure their highest chances of survival.

The fiat money system is bigger than us, and we cannot reject it. You can, however, not be crazy attached to it, and play it like the game that it is. 

Best,

Edited by xxxx

Money quantities are preferred when it is enough to be reliable and not have to think about it ever.

The importance of money ties into the importance of property, as a social construct.

Much blood has been spilt over money and property. However--perhaps more importantly--much blood has been sacrificed over money and property. People have spent their lives earning money; and some have died or nearly died to protect an inheritance. So, money can be quite important. Money enables efficient systems of trust between people. For example, I don't want to provide my cobbling services to you for your  apples--but I really need a haircut.

One limit on the importance of money is that money can, at times, corrode trust within personal relationships.

It is an interesting point at how much emphasis money has.  Interesting question to ask @Value !

Money can have a large determination on lots of decisions - where do I live? do I just keep living with my parents, do I move out?  What career should I go for?  Is this going to provide a livable wage to where I won't care about money or not enough?  Does my partner do anything to earn money and if not, how the heck are we going to make it last?   How does my income compare to my coworkers and are the newbies getting paid more fairly than the people already there and if so, am I a horrible employee or do I need to ask for a raise or leave the company?

Should I buy some crypto just for the fun of it so I can live the crypto wild life?

This person is struggling with money - should I give them some?  How much?  Should I donate to this cause?

Money is like the equivalent to the air that we breathe but in terms of interactions and resources.

I don't have any money - I am going to starve.

Hmm... you would think that people/governments would be better with money and not go into such huge debts or make things more affordable if needed but life is crazy.. 

Money smells funny (and that rhymes).

On 1/3/2021 at 2:35 AM, PepperBlossoms said:

Money quantities are preferred when it is enough to be reliable and not have to think about it ever.

exactly this.. when you make it .. its one less thing to think about everyday.. (keep in mind in the background you always think about it)

so when you finally dont have to.  I feel like this helped me get illuminated .. bling bling nomsayin

and obviously alot of people still get there without having money but its harder even if you cope yourself to believe that its not now you wasting energy towards the cope

Edited by Captain_Diabetes

On 1/2/2021 at 9:20 AM, Value said:

When a man is financially secure because he has worked hard and smart for his money, it is a very attractive thing. It can denote solidity of character.

But if a man just inherited his wealth and never did anything to work for it, it's the opposite of attractive... unless he has cultivated a similar solidity of character and work ethic. 

Now, if a man is in poverty and he works very hard, there is still solidity of character. It's just that he's employed with someone who pays starvation wages. If this is the case, I may admire the man. But because I've dealt with financial hardship before, I might be hesitant to get involved with him as that will have a direct impact on my quality of life. 

But what it really boils down to is character and circumstance. Basically, does he have mature and responsible qualities and do his life's circumstances reflect that. 

Stability of character and circumstance is attractive, and instability of character and circumstance is repellent. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

On 1/2/2021 at 9:20 AM, Value said:

Money must be seen as important, and equally of no importance. Your own money psychology is paramount, and attachment (over focusing on thoughts about money) is counter intuitively nonproductive. Abraham Hicks (YouTube) is the best resource I’ve found for spiritual money psychology. If you find yourself thinking about money in any troublesome way...switch to imagining yourself with oodlles of it, feel all the things you’ll do, have, enjoy & experience. It is the feeling, spirit, which is the source of all the ideas, inspiration, energy, and the money “itself”. This comment might serve as a more literal example, in that I am a man, and am not at all a man (so I’m commenting, by not commenting). Denial of either aspect would still be exclusion, denial. Did I disrespect your excluding of males...or bring inclusion to your party? Notice, it’s alwaysup to you. And so it is with money as well. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE