aurum

Krystal & Kyle Come Together

18 posts in this topic

Krystal from Rising and Kyle from Secular Talk have formed a podcast. Knowing this crowd, I'd figured you'd all appreciate this.

Their first guest was Marianne Williamson. I felt she was easily one of the best democratic nominees for president so it was great to see her on the show. And amazing to see that someone who identifies with non-dual teachings did as well as she did during the race.

I also love how fierce Marianne is at times in this interview. Goes to show that Love doesn't always have to look like holding hands and cuddling. She's determined to say what she needs to say, even at the risk of personal attack.

From a spiral dynamics perspective, it's also interesting to notice Krystal and Kyle's reaction to her. You can see both of them challenging some of their rational stage Orange programming towards the end of the show. It's like watching evolution in motion.

Nah I kinda don’t like either of these guys on the left tbh. 

OMG, getting sick of them individually, and now it's gonna be a double-dose of progressive dogma.

They are like broken records. I don't even need to listen to them any more to know what they are going to say.

These progressive YT channels are getting old. Same old shit every week and no self-reflection.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

OMG, getting sick of them individually, and now it's gonna be a double-dose of progressive dogma.

They are like broken records. I don't even need to listen to them any more to know what they are going to say.

That's kinda important in politics though. Trump basically has made the exact same speech at all his rallies. Coining a message is important but it's a bit of vacuum here cause this narrative isn't getting mainstream coverage. 

Edited by Lyubov

Thats Krystal & Kyle and this is Ketamine Kyle :

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

Kyle has particularly gotten a bit stale and formulaic. I know what his take exactly will be usually from the title 

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

These progressive YT channels are getting old. Same old shit every week and no self-reflection.

So, would you say that even The Young Turks are as dogmatic as Kyle and Krystal are with their progressive beliefs?

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It does get repetitive, I had to unsubscribe to Rising for that same reason.

That said, I'm hoping this podcast format might be a chance for deeper analysis. It's longer and provides more opportunity to look beyond typical talking points. Whether they do that or not, we'll have to see.

Also, there are people for whom it's not repetitive. For some people these ideas are brand new. So I see it as having value.

10 hours ago, Dryas said:

Nah I kinda don’t like either of these guys on the left tbh. 

How come?

5 hours ago, Joel3102 said:

Kyle has particularly gotten a bit stale and formulaic. I know what his take exactly will be usually from the title 

Agreed to a certain degree. But that's the same in any field of study, eventually you get to a point where you've kind of heard it all.

@aurum Kyle just has too many dumb takes. The force the vote and Bernie or bust nonsense are the most obvious examples. It feels like he lets his ideology completely blind him at times.

Krystal ball runs that show and everyone knows the problems with that (Leo even made a thread about it a while back). 

9 hours ago, Hardkill said:

So, would you say that even The Young Turks are as dogmatic as Kyle and Krystal are with their progressive beliefs?

OF COURSE!!!

;)

45 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

OF COURSE!!!

;)

you watched him too much lol

In Tate we trust

48 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

OF COURSE!!!

;)

OF COURSE!!!! Lmao

Well, that's too bad. I like TYT more than Rising and others like Kyle. I mean I definitely agree that a lot of these progressive YT channels out there are really bashing the mainstream media too hard. However, I feel like TYT is more fair and reasonable in their opinions about the mainstream media than other progressives like Krystal and Kyle are. Am I wrong or do you disagree with that?

6 hours ago, Hardkill said:

However, I feel like TYT is more fair and reasonable in their opinions about the mainstream media than other progressives like Krystal and Kyle are.

I see very little difference between TYT and Kyle. Their worldviews are almost identical. The differences are stylistic not substantive. They all rail against mainstream media as if it were the devil when in fact CNN reports news better and more objectively than any progressive YTer.

Progressive YTers have better political analysis than CNN. But CNN still does better news reporting.

6 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

The Establishment bad The Establishment bad The Establishment The Establishment bad The Establishment bad The Establishment bad The Establishment bad The Establishment bad The Establishment bad The Establishment bad The Establishment bad The Establishment bad The Establishment The Establishment bad The Establishment bad The Establishment bad The Establishment bad The Establishment bad The Establishment bad The Establishment bad The Establishment bad The Establishment bad The Establishment The Establishment bad The Establishment bad The Establishment bad The Establishment bad The Establishment bad The Establishment bad The Establishment bad

Vaush bad. Vaush bad.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

TYT needs to ditch that cave woman Ana, she chased away good people from the channel with her arrogance and one-upism.

In Tate we trust

Just discovered a pretty small channel above. Very reasonable takes I think, about how all these guys need to be more pragmatic 

22 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I see very little difference between TYT and Kyle. Their worldviews are almost identical. The differences are stylistic not substantive. They all rail against mainstream media as if it were the devil when in fact CNN reports news better and more objectively than any progressive YTer.

Progressive YTers have better political analysis than CNN. But CNN still does better news reporting.

Ah, I see. Yeah, I actually agree with you on that.