Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kindayellow

How to ask someone if they meant to save you?

8 posts in this topic

I'll keep this as short as I can but earlier in the year, my neighbour and her family invited me round to their house, and that night was really transformative for me. It made me realise how empty I felt inside because I haven't been living recently, not happy etc. 

It occurred to me today that my neighbour, who used to work as a social worker and used to study psychology, may of done that because she recognized that I needed that. I'd like to ask her if that's the case and thank her for making a significant difference in my life. I'm curious as to whether she actually meant to do that or not. Do you think it would be worth telling her she's helped me and ask if she intended to do so?

Don't blame a clown for acting like a clown, ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.

What do you think you will gain by asking her?

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

On 2-1-2021 at 11:08 AM, EnlightenmentBlog said:

You're exaggerating IMO. A simple thank you would do the job.

Someone's inner experience is valid and can not be measured on an absolute scale.

On 1-1-2021 at 8:52 PM, kindayellow said:

Do you think it would be worth telling her she's helped me and ask if she intended to do so?

Yes! It's always worth sharing your inner experience and feelings if you feel like doing it. You always learn something by openly sharing and discussing each other's subjective experience. What do you have to lose?

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

On 8.01.2021 г. at 2:53 PM, flowboy said:

Someone's inner experience is valid and can not be measured on an absolute scale.

I'm just giving my opinion since he's asking for one. This is my experience, he can do whatever he wants.

On 1/2/2021 at 1:22 AM, kindayellow said:

It occurred to me today that my neighbour, who used to work as a social worker and used to study psychology, may of done that because she recognized that I needed that. I'd like to ask her if that's the case and thank her for making a significant difference in my life. I'm curious as to whether she actually meant to do that or not. Do you think it would be worth telling her she's helped me and ask if she intended to do so?

Do it if you really want to.

What could you possibly lose from doing that? Nothing, right? You may end up making someone's day. 

It's not about their specific intention related to helping you, but treating you with love and respect. Let the person know that their kindness impacted you positively. 

Spread the happiness! 

Best,

@flowboy @flowboy sorry I suck at formatting I didn't mean to quote but thank you for your kind words. I think when the time is right I can tell her!

On 01/01/2021 at 8:46 PM, SamC said:

What d her?@flowboy

Don't blame a clown for acting like a clown, ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.