Yali

Christian theologian on Eckhart Tolle

15 posts in this topic

James Beverley, a professor of Christian thought and ethics at the evangelical Tyndale Seminary in Toronto, has read Tolle’s books “in gory detail,” and finds Tolle denies “the core” of Christianity by claiming there is no ultimate distinction between humans and God and Jesus.

“From a Christian perspective, Tolle misquotes the Bible to assert his strange mix of Hinduism, Buddhism and New Age pop,” he says. “He misrepresents the teaching of Jesus about the self and ignores the clear claims of Jesus as Saviour, Lord and Son of God.”

https://spiritualcoretheory.com/eckhart-tolle-vs-god/

Edited by Yali

I mean, this isn't anything new. 90% of religious people misunderstand their religion.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

I just never thought I would hear Eckhart Tolle and New Age pop mentioned in the same paragraph.... yes 2020 has been quite the year  ?.

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Lolz

Christian idiots

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura  Are most theologians deluded? How to sort the wheat from the chaff?

Edited by Yali

@Yali They "believe" in Jesus.  But Jesus was just a guy who discovered he wasn't just a guy but he was God.  

And then the rest worshiped him when they could also have discovered they were God.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Yali said:

How to sort the wheat from the chaff?

Awaken to the fact that you are God.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

at a certain age and attainment of title through institution it's going to be very difficult for a person to let go of their beliefs. he has everything to lose in a sense looking outside his paradigm, at least from his perspective. 

@Inliytened1  how much of the gospels is historically true, vs later additions - Christians mainly worship the Bible's image of Jesus instead. Same with other religions. The early Christians were expecting the second coming, which never came, so they created the Church instead. 

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

@Yali What do you expect from someone who's still stuck in Stage Blue mentality? They live in a bubble of their belief. Eckhart is 3-4 stages ahead of him. The Christian theologian has some serious evolving to do before coming even close to the level of awareness that Eckhart is at.

FB_IMG_1609504505849.jpg

OMG, that article is funny. Lots of little tidbits thrown out all around to feed the inner shame and judgement monsters. 

"The message board is already abuzz, with a discussion string on “sexual energy in the process of awakening” drawing particularly enthusiastic attention."

Also couldn't help but notice how women were mentioned in the article. Kim is painted as "slim and attractive", suggesting that she therefore must be some sort of trophy for Eckhart, but Oprah is painted as some sort of demonic monster. 

Most Christians use a structure of understanding and beliefs to base their faith in, they, just like atheists give all power to the mind.

Belief in Jesus is the hope of salvation and the key to transcending the fear of death to them. If you press them on the exact thing that makes someone "saved" or "not saved", you mostly find that it's some sort of mental gymnastics that saves someone. It's just a whole lot of mental effort to avoid feeling. Same as we all are doing, but Christianity is essentially just a strong framework and fear motivation to keep that framework in place. It can be used as an obvious example to help point out to ourselves how we still do the same. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Most Christians believe whatever the bible says literally believe it or not. You say something and they don't agree let's say. They'll either burn you alive or start telling bible verses to you feeling they are or the right path and good people/christians unlike you the ignorant fuck.

Most young people are not like this and are just adopting beliefs. They never questioned their faith or their fear of god or whatever in their entire life because they are lazy or stupid. 

Ofcourse Eckhart nitpicks things from the bible to fit his teachings and support them.  I've had this discussion with my Christian friend, who has a point. Because Jesus has said many things and usually context is important..  

Having said that, here's a nice verse from the bible ♥ 

"For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."

Its a book about love too. 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

3 hours ago, Dodo said:

Ofcourse Eckhart nitpicks things from the bible to fit his teachings and support them. 

Cherry picking is pretty common. Didn't Jesus himself  chuck out many of the Old Testament rules while keeping the prophesies which suited him? Or at least the authors of the New Testament did. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Awaken to the fact that you are God.

@Leo Gura

But 99.99% of these so-called "religious scholars" have not done such?