John

Dark Night Of The Soul

8 posts in this topic

A video going in depth on this subject! 

Leo has talked a bit about the emotional labour of the spiritual path but I'd love to hear him do a full video dedicated to it. 

The Delphic Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone of all the Greeks know that I know nothing.

-Socrates

It's the dark night of the mind. 

It might start after an initial awakening experience because you might suddenly become aware of how much negativity you are actually still carrying around and how confined your mind still is.

And you don't yet have knowledge/experience/trust that you can progress quickly on the path, in healing yourself, so your whole situation could seem dreadful. You then might be tempted in to trying to give up, so any idea of being victim of some sort of cosmic happening called 'the dark night of the soul' seems very appealing, but it's false, the soul is forever in peace. 

@AlwaysBeNice Is there any steps one can take in order to make this process for enjoyable? Or is this something "I" would have to ride out and let it have it's course. Any aids in this process of awakening?

10 hours ago, JustinS said:

@AlwaysBeNice Is there any steps one can take in order to make this process for enjoyable? Or is this something "I" would have to ride out and let it have it's course. Any aids in this process of awakening?

Trust the process/God, don't think any negative thought about it and just continue to meditate, practice mindfulness and love as much as you can. 

Gimme Gimme Gimme I waaaaaaaant   this toooo

Edited by Loreena

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly