WhatAWondefulWorld

What exactly is an "insight" and how do I get one?

17 posts in this topic

What type of insight are you looking for? 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

You cannot choose to get an insight. You can only furrow the field and hope for rain.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

If you realize what an insight is, that will be an insight ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

When feeling confirms the validity of a thought so strongly you just can't miss it. Cause truth is love. 

True Knowing is awareness itself, that's also what unconditional Love is, and what you really are. Insight is a manifestation or an expression of this, leading right to the ultimate knowing of Consciousness itself. 

Ask and it is given.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

As @Rilles says, what kind of insights matter. 

Generally speaking...

Making sure that we are as openminded as possible is a prerequisite to insights, as insights happen outside of our conventional thinking.

Stretching your understanding by exploring what is outside of your usual consumption of information and practice will also set you up for having insights. 

In in such terms you can greatly increase the chances of insights, but the happen uncontrollably, and only when time is right.

* not taking chemical substance into consideration, which changes how the brain operates

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

insight happens when the river stops running so fast it creates foam and waves. when it stops for a moment the water becomes transparent and you can see the bottom. right away it starts moving again and the vision fades

51 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you realize what an insight is, that will be an insight ;)

Sounds like one for the strange loop thread :D

@Breakingthewall

50 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

insight happens when the river stops running so fast it creates foam and waves. when it stops for a moment the water becomes transparent and you can see the bottom. right away it starts moving again and the vision fades

How do you make this happen? Meditation?

You had an insight when you noticed that you did not know what an insight was.

An observation about something that you had never noticed, seen, heard, understood, been aware of before.

"Oh it works like this - I never noticed that before."

Haha there's actually this word called 'outsight'. Go look up the meaning of this word and then you will better understand 'insight'

My insight is: If you want to create insights on demand, then you have to have good questions. These are interesting or exciting questions you don't already know the answer to. Eventually you will get an answer, which is an insight. The harder the question, the better.

All stories and explanations are false.

How to get insights? A combination of psychedelics, meditation, and spiritual study. 

What is an insight? It is a sudden realization of what seems to be an unquestionable fact about reality. 

What is an example of an insight? After taking 5.87 grams of mushrooms, at the end of the trip, I had the insight in clear English that seemed to be a direct communication from God that I was better than Jesus Christ. Knowing my life, I could make several valid arguments to back up this insight, or I could follow conventional wisdom and thinking to convince myself that it is false. Once you have the insight, it’s really up to you to believe it or not. One fundamental part of insights is that they at first seem unquestionable. You’ll find it’s quite hard to convince yourself that your insights are false. 

What warning could you give me about insights? They are pleasurable distractions that allow you to potentially better understand reality at a conceptual level, but do not forget that reality is not a concept. Thus, they are ultimately distractions from the deepest truth that you cannot know but can only experience - consciousness experienced devoid of belief and stories to explain it. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

@WhatAWondefulWorld

I could tell my perspective what an insight is, but it is a map. You create your own map which is entirely true to you. You can also look at other maps and make combination of them to create your own map.

Insight is having clear view of the nature of anything in your experience relative to your state of consciousness and resulting perspective. It is found through reflection, introspection and letting it rest for intelligence to do its thing.

Get insights by

• reflecting at the end of every day what this day teached you about you, the world and anything in your experience.
  • through contemplation via journaling and actively using turnarounds to reveal perspectives you cling to which is naturally accompanied with insights in which ways you are rigid and not fluid. Consistency is key; do it every day for an hour.
  • setting an intention on what you want to know - be it the root cause of you wanting to destroy things, staying quiet when you want to talk or anything that doesn't feel good inside of you.
    1. Think about that thing and then drop it.
    2. Go for a walk or go jogging.
    3. Be mindful about the physical activity. Enjoy the scenery. Repeatedly bring your mind back from thinking about that thing to enjoying this activity and environment you are in.

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

Truth exists that is not in your "sight" yet. Once you see a facet of truth, it will be in sight

It just means seeing truth. But how to go about "seeing truth" in mysticism? Self enquiry, kriya yoga, *5meo*

Sex to

Edited by Aaron p

Use any method that appeals to you, meditation, contemplation, whatever gets you into an open clear state. Your intention will be the biggest factor that determines in what sphere the insight will be in. Observe the process of having a insight when you do have one, as you do this you will get better at intuitively channeling conciousness into something to gain awareness. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart.