JKG

The Meaning Of Life

46 posts in this topic

On 2/9/2016 at 7:58 PM, JKG said:

Isn't our existence totally irrelevant compared to the  gigantic scale of the universe? What could my impact be. My impact on humanity will probably be very insignificant. And the impact of humanity will probably be insignificant to the universe too. If our solar system will absorbed into a black whole, nothing is left from us except from the matter.

Your existence is totally irrelevant if you believe you are here out of luck and randomness. BUT what if that's not actually the case? What if the universe and human existence is not just a result of a random process (darwinian evolution) but something intended. What if the Universe is intelligent and aims at developing higher and higher levels of consciousness? And humans - AND YOU - are a result of that intent.

In that case, you are not irrelevant. You are very important. You are at the edge of cosmic evolution. And it's your job to keep expanding that edge by creating and living and experiencing. If you love Physics and Maths go for it! It's a beautiful expression of mind and logic. It's a form of art. And in a way, you will be contributing to evolution. Do you think that's irrelevant?

My YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/2PSLrNb

In order to understand the meaning of life, we need a deep understanding of meaning itself, and then we can find that meaning, which is hidden inside our own lives. Yes, there is a meaning to your life and the purpose of this article is to help you in finding it. We need reasons to live, and that life has meaning is a powerful reason to live. What is the Meaning of Life? :)

@JKG It's creativity.

There's nothing else.

Anyone says anything else unrelated here is either lying or speaking nonsense because they're indoctrinated, can't think originally, didn't get spanked enough by their parents, got bullied by their gym teacher, bitten by a rottweiler (I would have tussled with it till death --- unless I could have saved him/her, likely a he!)...

I mean, take your pick, there's so many reasons why people go down the life maze incorrectly, plain maladaptive genetics that breed stupidity is just one very simple and legible reason for most cases. But that's how I move forward in life now, instead of outrightly saying they're stupid I'll just ask, were you bitten by a chihuahua when you were younger (as opposed to rottweiler)?

Demeaning people is the first lesson in the book I've never taken too may notes from - How to Win Friends And Influence People by Dale Carnegie.

On creativity. There. Is. Nothing. Else. This. Is. Where. It. Starts. And. Ends.

Move on next question.

(feel free to checkout my journals - just a hint, nothing more)

There's a quote by goethe (I think?) which says happiest is he who can relate the beginning of his life to the end of it. I think that this as a matter of fact goes beyond just simply a 'man' but society, or even the world in general. 

Real quote: "The happiest man is one who can link the end of his life with its beginning."

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia