Preetom

Gratitude Vs Entitlement (An insight into Psychology, the currency of Happiness)

5 posts in this topic

Make a list of everything you take for granted everyday. Then turn it around and start being grateful about them instead of being entitled about them. Soon you’ll see your baseline happiness and appreciation of life shooting through the roofs.

A good chat or a little gift from friends or family, a service or art you bought, good behaviors from strangers, decent weather, a dish, your health and ability to move etc...everything you take for granted or feel entitled about, thats the bankruptcy of happiness.

On the other hand, gratitude is the currency of happiness. In the final analysis, life is absolutely a zero sum game; a dream which is not really happening in the first place. All of past, present and future is an eternally, non existentially appearance on Beingness. The way to happiness in this system is gratitude and leaving behind the habitual entitlement tendency.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

The beginning to the end of existence and all of what it is outside of that story. This is all a choice I know it, I’ve tested it. Choice is a manifestation of the way the universe transforms itself, choicelessness is to the experience of our subjectivity from an intersubjective perspective of larger existence where we are in allowance for inevitably to play itself out, we can opt in or we can opt out by the relative measurement of mind. I have choice. I choose you. But for you, black panther of great mythologies, I want you to make sure you always choose you. Everything after that is your choice. May this first day of the year be the beginning of the next stage of your unity with yourself, and through that, all nebula, the universe and all of your past and future lives that now live among the stars forming to create the new milky-way of this great new year that next year will live in the stars that make the beautiful synapses of your mind. Connection to yourself is your revolution and interconnection ours. Let’s write Shakespearean versus, both the meaningless and carefree, “to be or not” said the overly tight pants wearing dramatic actor, to the meaningful and heartfelt, “My love as deep; the more I give to thee, The more I have, for both are infinite”, Romeo and Juliet; Shakespeare. Two roads diverged in a wood, and we are taking the one less traveled as Robert Frost may say, and able to risk it all on one turn of pitch and toss, and lose and start against our beginnings, we’ll be unified always to our true selves, as Rudyard Kipling might say. Today, you live today for you, in the way you truly wish, and the universe will open up to you in ways you can’t imagine, and you to it, for both our betterment and transformation, with no idea what’s around the corner of one another’s minds, but this is why we do this, and even if we know, it’s because we know, that we’ve already chosen why we do this. Laters dork.

Nice! Thanks @Preetom !!!

??

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Great tip. Especially useful for countering jealousy and fomo IMO. Happy new year.