Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brandon Nankivell

Why don't we all quit meditation and just take psychedelics?

35 posts in this topic

By doing nothing you always decline/degrade. Growing consciousness on a daily basis is crucial in this work, if you can get a 0.1% improvement by meditating once a day it's still a lot. Btw you need to grow your focusing muscles which then grows into having more will power, being more aware of everything thats happening around you, after some time you notice even the full moons energy which is very powerful when you start to notice it. All in all some kind of "sadhana" is important for your over-all being.

Mahadev

20 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

Duuuude! Nothing more seductive than the forbidden fruit. Now I want to try alcohol to test my awareness.

xD lol

It's not forbidden :D

Do you live in a permenant state of presence/nowness? :ph34r:

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

17 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

xD lol

It's not forbidden :D

Do you live in a permenant state of presence/nowness? :ph34r:

Ha! I haven't drunk alcohol in my entire life, so after you said that I started wondering if it would affect my awareness.

And well, I wouldn't know for sure until I try inducing a different state (haven't tried psychedelics, either).

Edited by Gesundheit

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

43 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

Ha! I haven't drunk alcohol in my entire life, so after you said that I started wondering if it would affect my awareness.

And well, I wouldn't know for sure until I try inducing a different state (haven't tried psychedelics, either).

:D

I guess I know what you mean. I would have the same dilema with video games. Wanting to know if I would remain present when playing video games. Perhaps it's even more difficult than the alcohol challenge :D I heard gurdgeff used to make his students drink bear and make them stay aware. I don't know why that matters.

??

Edited by Salvijus

7 hours ago, Recursoinominado said:

Why not just quit the gym and take steroids laying on your bed eating pizza and playing League of Legends?

Best answer

You can close the thread now.

5 hours ago, Recursoinominado said:

If you did read my post:

1. You are on drugs right now.

2. You can't understand what you read.

3. All the above.

Maybe if you weren't so damn arrogant you would get my point.

16 hours ago, Recursoinominado said:

Why not just quit the gym and take steroids laying on your bed eating pizza and playing League of Legends?

Funny thing about the top bodybuilders in the world is - yes they did steroids but they also were some of the hardest working, most dedicated, most disciplined bodybuilders in the world.  They just realized that in order to reach the top of their field they needed both.   Ronnie Coleman is a good example.   

He was one of the most genetically gifted and hard working bodybuilders out there.  He could win any natural contest easily but to win against others taking steroids he needed to as well.

I know its not apples to apples just an interesting tidbit.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

44 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Funny thing about the top bodybuilders in the world is - yes they did steroids but they also were some of the hardest working, most dedicated, most disciplined bodybuilders in the world.  They just realized that in order to reach the top of their field they needed both.   Ronnie Coleman is a good example.   

He was one of the most genetically gifted and hard working bodybuilders out there.  He could win any natural contest easily but to win against others taking steroids he needed to as well.

I know its not apples to apples just an interesting tidbit.

Exactly my point.

giphy.gif

I've taken psychedelics as an untrained immature newb with personal issues, as well as taken psychedelics (even more so) as a far more self-actualized, mature, grown individual with stronger meditation ability and the differences in quality of my trips between these two cannot be understated; literally night and day. 

Leo for example cannot understand this difference because he's only taken them with YEARS of personal development work behind to back up the experience. It really does make a massive difference.

Meditation is also (at least in my opinion) the very best integration tool you could imagine, which makes insights actually mean something. The preparation is better, the experience is better/more clear/easier to integrate and it's more blissful to boot. If you go deep enough you will even get whispers during your sessions of certain states you accessed on psychs.

It also works vice-versa, in that psychedelics will make transcendent states via meditation more easily accessible, perhaps even to a point where you either don't need them at all or only have them several years apart. 

Ram Dass shares very useful thoughts on the same matter. Worth watching.

?

Edited by Salvijus