Mr Being

Elliott Hulse has completely lost his mind

160 posts in this topic

I used to watch this guy about 5 years ago just for some self help advice, it looks like he got caught by the white supremacy/reactionary rabbit hole and maybe even adopted Nazism.

This lecture that he posted recently is very much oriented towards the incel community trying to transform them into an anti-PC activists and to "reclaim their lost masculinity". he makes the same conspiracy theory nazi propaganda about the Frankfort school and the the destruction of western society by cultural marxism lead by jewish intellectualls.

The most shocking part for me (watch from 39:42) was when he started to refer to the bible myth of the garden of Eden and the association with satan and the current culture war that he believes happening at this time.
He literally talks about the connection between Satan and the tree of "false" knowledge with Jewish mysticism(kabbalah), marxism and the deep state/illuminati.

This is not an ordinary reactionary talking points or even a white supremacy neofascism one, this is flat out a nazi talking point, and I was shocked to find out how much this guy fell into the Alt-right pipeline and maybe into pure Nazism since he never made an impression of a radical person.

This dude is just saying what his incel audience wants to hear.

I bet he is making a lot of money by selling them the solutions for the problems he invented.

This is one of the drawbacks of the internet - information is so abundant and easily manipulated, and individuals have the freedom to create or pursue the depths of whatever rabbit-holes they like, crystallizing their own biases.

People have always believed crazy things, but now the audiences are much more engaged and nobody has to bother listening to conflicting worldviews if they don't feel like it, unlike the past news. At least before the limited public media sphere made it harder to espouse such insanity without major backlash.

All par for the course though, it's evolution, baby!

hrhrhtewgfegege

The downfall of this guy has been like a slow motion train wreck. Originally he was putting out some really good short videos on self help and motivational content for getting in shape. He then started to incorporate the narrative that men weren't strong anymore into his work and then he started to preach MAGA stuff and now this. I think his brand has only grown since. That 21 convention is toxic and ran by some MAGA guy. I guess mixing in this political ideology into it has only attracted a more committed customer base because before this the 21 convention was pretty run of the mill apolitical pick up advice with no sort of affiliation to any sort of ideology.  

Imagine if he had continued from where he left off a couple of years ago when he dabbled in psychedelics, openness, feminity etc.. It's that strong masculine underbelly of his past that has kept him from going all the way into green. Everything: his former career as a strongman, the impact from his upbringing (the admiration for his dad), and obviously the youtube persona that was a result of all that, and the subsequent backlash from his fanbase (and probably his dad aswell). Hulse is a study in ego-backlash, and the power of survival and ideology.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

13 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Imagine if he had continued from where he left off a couple of years ago when he dabbled in psychedelics, openness, feminity etc.. It's that strong masculine underbelly of his past that has kept him from going all the way into green. Everything: his former career as a strongman, the impact from his upbringing (the admiration for his dad), and obviously the youtube persona that was a result of all that, and the subsequent backlash from his fanbase (and probably his dad aswell). Hulse is a study in ego-backlash, and the power of survival and ideology.

yesss, he really seemed to be evolving at one point and then did a complete 180 and had this hardline fundamentalist approach all of a sudden in a matter of like 6 months 

I mean there is some truth to what he says, can you stop being so one sided. 

Although have to agree that he has misread what is going on because of systematic changes, it does not mean that it is bad, or that masculinity is gone.

There is less toxic masculinity because of environment, but it is smarter, wiser masculinity, with side effect of  less masculinity in nowadays men overall. 

Also he was making very good points in first 2min , just don't cry. 

Edited by Claymoree

That's what happens when you get stuck in ideology and don't bother to think deeply about epistemology.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

That dude is off the hook. 

I never bothered to listen to him after the first encounter. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Its interesting because how much of this is him touching on certain topics and getting a shitload of views and making money, invited to speak etc. This happens a lot on the right basically because they pay more, so i wonder how much of an influence that has had on him and has convinced him this is the way to go because its 'working'. 

Jesus, when did start going down this route? I remember watching about 6 years ago, thinking back then felt more open minded, hippish (green stage). But the bit I saw above, looks stuck in deep blue.

Half-breeds always tend to be the most race obsessed for some reason. I can't help it but notice it.

In Tate we trust

@Mr Being

It's been interesting to watch his development for sure. I remember when he was just putting out strength / motivational videos and touched on important topics like trauma release.

It really seemed like he was heading to become more of a hippie spiritual teacher.

It's good that he wants to help men. He definitely could be a strong role model for a lot of guys. But somehow that has gotten twisted up with an obsession around male dominance, patriarchy, biblical morality and other conservative perspectives.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to him in another five or ten years. He seems to change fast so who knows, maybe he'll drop all this at some point in the future.

Why did he suddenly regress into this blue nonsense? 

And in general, why and how do people fall down the spiral? 

17 minutes ago, Tim R said:

I mentioned a bucketload of reasons.

16 minutes ago, Tim R said:

Maybe because Spiral Dynamics is a BS ideology that we've bought into the same way he bought into other BS ideologies.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Just now, Gesundheit said:

Maybe because Spiral Dynamics is a BS ideology that we've bought into the same way he bought into other BS ideologies.

If you're not trolling, show me a model that gives an aesthetically perfect description of all of reality.

13 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Try questioning your existing knowledge and the SD model instead of trying to explain everything in their terms.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

1 minute ago, Gesundheit said:

Try questioning your existing knowledge and the SD model instead of trying to explain everything in their terms.

Try explaining anything without using a model.