HERO_

Should I start looking for a new thing?

7 posts in this topic

I love strength training a lot since I was 16 now I'm 22 people around me always asking me for advice regarding their health\ fitness and I enjoy coaching\ guiding them, I got certified and I was thinking to start a business in the fitness industry, But things have changed a lot now there's a lot of amazing coaching apps\ programs and I can't think of a new thing or creative idea that will bring something different to the industry I would be just copying people. I want to explore and start looking for something else but I feel I will regret it . I don't know what to do I'm really lost.

Start coaching in person regardless,

it's very easy for people to procrastinate using fitness apps. You can be a real-life training motivator that they can relate to.

You'll come up with the idea eventually.

I would say, start coaching and see what happens. Maybe you find that you don't really like it and now you know you should look for something different. Or you find that people love you and want you to coach them despite the cheaper apps and programs available in the marketplace.

26 minutes ago, Sleyker said:

Start coaching in person regardless,

it's very easy for people to procrastinate using fitness apps. You can be a real-life training motivator that they can relate to.

You'll come up with the idea eventually.

I would say, start coaching and see what happens. Maybe you find that you don't really like it and now you know you should look for something different. Or you find that people love you and want you to coach them despite the cheaper apps and programs available in the marketplace.

That's good advice.

@HERO_Start small. Don't worry about competition from apps/programs/already successful coaches. Even if you start with a basic fitness program that's not even way too creative or different but does help people get results, people will want to work with you. People are more interested in results, than something new/different. A part of your job would be to help them recognize this (communicate this clearly); that they you can get them results, even if you haven't found your unique style yet.

Over time, you will start doing things your own way and build a unique brand. Or you'll end up getting clarity on what's more authentic to you.

Edited by Sagar Takker

@Sleyker @Sleyker I've trained few people in person but I didn't take it seriously I was just kinda experimenting it I found it very enjoyable however coaching in person takes so much time it's not like online coaching also things will change in the future people will be relying more on apps and online coaching,  I know I can get clients online and make money but it will be more competitive and harder in future and I know I will not feel grounded. I want to create something really unique and different. I enjoy creating creative videography \video editing and graphic design also I can draw I have artistic skills ( I'm not a professional but I know if work on myself I can become really good ). I had ideas to use my artistic skills to help me create something unique and different I love making strength training fun by recording my workouts and make creative videography that inspires people but I'm not sure if this is will work out or not. all I know is I love fitness so much and I have artistic skills and I want to use them.

4 hours ago, HERO_ said:

@Sleyker @Sleyker I've trained few people in person but I didn't take it seriously I was just kinda experimenting it I found it very enjoyable however coaching in person takes so much time it's not like online coaching also things will change in the future people will be relying more on apps and online coaching,  I know I can get clients online and make money but it will be more competitive and harder in future and I know I will not feel grounded. I want to create something really unique and different. I enjoy creating creative videography \video editing and graphic design also I can draw I have artistic skills ( I'm not a professional but I know if work on myself I can become really good ). I had ideas to use my artistic skills to help me create something unique and different I love making strength training fun by recording my workouts and make creative videography that inspires people but I'm not sure if this is will work out or not. all I know is I love fitness so much and I have artistic skills and I want to use them.

Sounds to me like you're in a good spot.

You can both offer online training by creating videos with your artistic skills. And then your premium product for people who really want the most coaching can be to work with you in person.

I think you're jumping too far ahead by feeling that you don't have anything unique to offer. Your offer will BECOME unique the more coaching you do and the more you learn. Don't expect it to be totally unique day 1.

Also, some people just don't need something totally unique. What they need is your help, even if it's just the basics. There's nothing wrong with that.

Just start working people the best you can. Let it evolve over time.

It is a huge trap thinking that you have to revolutionize the market to be successful in business. You do not. You can be very successful as a 1v1 coach and then transition into group coaching/programms/apps/whatever you want to do really to have more scale and leverage. 

Edited by Hello from Russia