SamC

Please help Leo! How can it be sustainable to always do the things you want to do?

33 posts in this topic

I see it more as unconscious versus conscious drives. 

So your unconscious drives are to sit around, get lazy, get rest whereas you your conscious drives are to workout zest organic etc. 

As with everything else, both should be in balance and moderation 

What I found is if I give in too much to my unconscious drives, it's instant gratification but long term loss whereas if I invested totally into conscious drives, it leaves me feeling very robotic and controlled.. 

That's why you need a balance. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

22 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, I know it is difficult.

But what would you do if you were acting from consciousness, love, and no fear?

Personally I've invested several years just letting go and pushing less. It cost me a lot of productivity and money, but that's the cost of learning new ways of living life.

Pushing constantly, mechanically, might have gotten you here. But what got you here will not get you to the ultimate stage. You must learn to do things in new, more holistic ways. Neurotic habits must be surrendered. This is "the work".

You cannot just go through life like a mule. Stage Blue tends to be mule-like and there is a price to pay for that.

Life requires requisite variety. See my blog video about requisite variety.

So true, which means - do everything you want, but everything you want according to a higher conciousness/ loving kind of way. Almost like, what does conciousness want to do...  It's a subtle paradox that's super hard to fully grasp but I'm staring to comprehend more of it now. It's super thrilling though, I love these juicy paradoxes.

Don't you think this is more of a spiral dynamics stage orange/ achiever thing though? Like the drive towards success and needing to work hard. I don't feel like I have to do it for some kind of moral sake. The shame aspect to this is of corse also there but; that's more tied to self worth and the need of manipulation for me. You know the Joe Rogan, work your ass of mentality and get success/ fix yourself/ help yourself.

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

30 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

I see it more as unconscious versus conscious drives. 

So your unconscious drives are to sit around, get lazy, get rest whereas you your conscious drives are to workout zest organic etc. 

As with everything else, both should be in balance and moderation 

What I found is if I give in too much to my unconscious drives, it's instant gratification but long term loss whereas if I invested totally into conscious drives, it leaves me feeling very robotic and controlled.. 

That's why you need a balance. 

Yeah but not only that. One needs to let go of the need to do the " conciousness drives". Right now I'm still driven by a lot of fear, and there for the question is.. if one don't want to do something but have too, should one still do it? Should one push when there is a should - also known as a have to or if one prefer... ego and fear.

@Leo Gura  I really appreciate your well said input here, this helps me. 

Im finding this work very difficult at times too. Im going thru major ego backlash now. After a bit over a year of PD work, this is a set back, and a major test. The other day I wished I never discovered Actualized.org. But I know this is the path I must take.

7 minutes ago, BigDogRaven said:

@Leo Gura  I really appreciate your well said input here, this helps me. 

Im finding this work very difficult at times too. Im going thru major ego backlash now. After a bit over a year of PD work, this is a set back, and a major test. The other day I wished I never discovered Actualized.org. But I know this is the path I must take.

Sending you love my man. Let yourself feel the emotions. I understand it is super though. Give yourself love and space to feel and do everything you feel like you need.

Edited by SamC

self discipline is one of the highest forms of self love you can give yourself 

1 hour ago, Lyubov said:

self discipline is one of the highest forms of self love you can give yourself 

Not if it's fear driven. One can for example be super disciplined with excessive washing of ones hands if one have OCD. That's not self love, that's fear and ego, eventhough one is hyper disciplined;)

The same goes for if one has to do X. Thats Is not love - that's fear and repression. 

Edited by SamC

Go read ' The War of Art' to know how to overcome resistance. (Not The Art of War)

1 hour ago, SamC said:

Not if it's fear driven. One can for example be super disciplined with excessive washing of ones hands if one have OCD. That's not self love, that's fear and ego, eventhough one is hyper disciplined;)

The same goes for if one has to do X. Thats Is not love - that's fear and repression. 

what you described is not discipline. That's compulsive.

there will be degrees of quality of what drives a person to be disciplined over something but discipline is a conscious commitment towards something one believes will have a positive impact on their life and sticking with it even if challenging emotions, doubt, fear, blockages, whatever arise. 

23 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

what you described is not discipline. That's compulsive.

there will be degrees of quality of what drives a person to be disciplined over something but discipline is a conscious commitment towards something one believes will have a positive impact on their life and sticking with it even if challenging emotions, doubt, fear, blockages, whatever arise. 

For sure, but a positive impact might be fear driven based aswell. It's benificial to stay alive as the ego you know;)

One can for example say, I'm super disciplined - I never miss a day, because I want to get X.

If that X thing that you're disciplined with is a should or have to - than you're disciplined towards avoiding something, or as you said compulsive.

We are talking about the same thing, the only misunderstanding is the definition of discipline, cause discipline is often used as an umbrella concept of being dedicated and persistent to anything + being able to controll your impulses. If the definition for discipline is choosing consciously and lovingly what you think is best, I agree - but than again, if one chooses one time to take a day of - cause that's the most concious choice/best choice, would that person be looked as disciplined? If that's the case, than the people who never misses a day are the undisciplined ones;)

It's a paradox :D

Edited by SamC

1 hour ago, hyruga said:

Go read ' The War of Art' to know how to overcome resistance. (Not The Art of War)

Will do, thanks for the tip??

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Working like a robot is not enough. You must work CONSCIOUSLY. Stage Blue falls into the trap of being disciplined in an unconscious and mechanical way without pausing for deep self-reflection. Blue tends to work hard but not wise.

That's my problem... working on fixing that too...

Thanks Leo!

:-)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16