Nash

Was Meyer's Water Powered Car Legit?

7 posts in this topic

Is it actually possible to make a car run on water? Why does this seem like such a niche topic?

Many people seem to support the notion that it's actually possible. If that's true then why doesn't someone work on this?

The most common answer I see is that people just simply don't care.

The whole thing just doesn't add up.

I got into learning about this after watching this video, Troy Casey talks about free energy.

Edited by Nash

Hydrogen cars are out there, and can derive their fuel from water (but usually it's a fossil fuel byproduct). They may not catch on as they still require electricity, and it's more efficient for a vehicle to be a full EV without the middleman.

Claims of perpetual motion machines, etc., are considered pseudoscience. If I can call my solar panels 'free energy', they are pretty awesome, though.

Edited by No Self

Then what the hell is Meyer's talking about here?

Is this just conspiracy mumbo jumbo?

I'd just like to add, there are great things happening in the field of clean transportation. Already, EVs and solar power is viable for many people. Further innovations are still happening, like this partly solar-powered Dutch car that is supposed to enter production next year.

And yes, there are dark forces conspiring against clean energy (the right-wing media and fossil fuel lobbyists in politics). The Trump administration reduced EV subsidies, discredited wind power, added taxation to most solar panels, put a guy in charge of the EPA who is a known EPA opponent, pulled out of the Paris Accord, reduced environmental regulations, promoted a wild conspiracy theory about climate change, etc. Australia is taxing EVs and car dealers are known to refuse to sell them, presumably because they require little maintenance. This is a war being fought in our time so be sure to pick a side.

2 hours ago, No Self said:

This is a war being fought in our time so be sure to pick a side.

I'm a Jimmy Dore follower and on the side of starting a People's Party. As long as we have a two party system in the US, neither democrats or republicans will bring real change that we want to see. I didn't vote in the last election, because you're not supposed to vote for the lesser of two evils. That's not how the system is supposed to work. Your vote is supposed to be earned. We will continue to have the same problems until it's realized that you don't have a real choice right now. It's either corruption or nothing.

@No Self Thank you for clearing up the confusion about Meyer's, there wasn't a lot of real conversation I could find about what he was toting as a "water powered car", but I guess he was just a delusional fraud that spewed some semi-truths about government corruption.