Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ibgdrgnxxv

Lies vs truth.

12 posts in this topic

There is no point of communication if you are lying. In any form / output. Written, speech, fiction etc. 

Wasting people's time. 

Spreading the culture of lying. 

Assumptions and accusations. 

I find this prevalent in this forum. 

@Ibgdrgnxxv Are you offering constructive critique? Or what exactly is your intention?

Because quite frankly I don't think that this:

4 minutes ago, Ibgdrgnxxv said:

Wasting people's time. 

is prevalent on this forum. That's quite an accusation, you know.. So, could you elaborate please?

@Ibgdrgnxxv

Actually lying is great! It lets me avoid problems and manipulate people to my benefit.

I’m obviously kidding but we do need to acknowledge what benefit we get from lying in order to let it go.

Wasting people's time. 

>Doesn't exist, everything can be leveraged and releveraged, it's not that we are short of time, it's that we squander much of it-Seneca

>Everything is but a half truth, nothing is built on a total lie

>As opposed to this?

Anyways I get what you're saying, if you're woke you know the problem of this forum, it's another nu agey crypto left wing forum w lots of whining and "ego" replacing sin. However there are also good things here like the overall vibe, some of the subjects and tthe general openness.

You see bad, I see good, it is both, it's a matter of focus.

What forums do you enjoy more?

@Ibgdrgnxxv But you're not pointing out anything, you just claim that people on this forum deliberately lie and deceive. 

@Ibgdrgnxxv What’s the point of this topic?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

On 12/26/2020 at 2:37 PM, aurum said:

Actually lying is great! It lets me avoid problems and manipulate people to my benefit.

I’m obviously kidding but we do need to acknowledge what benefit we get from lying in order to let it go.

haha! 

On 12/26/2020 at 1:06 PM, Ibgdrgnxxv said:

I find this prevalent in this forum. 

What are people lying about and how would you know if they were lying or not?  Or what do you mean by culture of lying? 

If it is outlandish stuff that people are saying, I can see that that would be hard to tell if it was real or not and agree that I have noticed a few things that I found questionable but am not going to go out of my way to prove them accurate/making it up in the present moment.  Everyone for the most part has some craziness to their lives so it could be a legit thing.  For the stuff that isn't actually, I guess it is still a practice puzzle to try to help them with their made-up situation.

@Ibgdrgnxxv I totally agree for the most part. Otherwise, because sometimes a guy or a gal for example judges our past... It makes me want to run and hide sometimes and just say anything to put the walls up for fear of being shamed.

On 12/27/2020 at 10:58 AM, The_Alchemist said:

What forums do you enjoy more?

Actually, this forum is the first online forum that I know of.