tyler7415

OCD advice

13 posts in this topic

I've had OCD for about 5 years and I am still unable to let it go. It hit it's peak about 2 years ago and it's gotten lesser since but I have not been able to let go it absolutely. And when I have managed to let it go, I am obsessive about it and forcing myself to be mindful 24/7 in order to not resort back to the compulsions. My default mode is very compulsive so I find it very difficult to not be. I meditate daily, have gone through lots of therapy, live healthily, and have a good life. However, this is the one big thing I haven't been able to overcome. Any advice?

The obssesive thoughts are a filler, a compensation mechanism the brain use to fill a deficiency (psychological mainly) it feels subconsciousely, but you have not discover yet. Three questions:

1. How are your relationships with your family? with friends? With yourself (and your self-image)?

2. Have you been through a trauma in the past? (social rejection also counts).

3. What is your nutrition? Do you feel comfortable with your stomach or do you have gut irritated symptoms?

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

How do your OCD manifests, obssesions about what? 

Ive been dealing with OCD for 12 years right now, many depressions, suicidal thoughts all the time. I am still waiting for my breakthrough moment where i will overcome that. 

Hi, I did a video recently on how to reduce the chatter in our minds. I hope it helps. 

If anyone wants it, pm me.

Edited by hyruga

to cure OCD you have to first identify the OCD thought as an OCD thought. Write them down. Come up with a list of all your OCD thoughts. And then tell yourself whenever you get these thoughts you are not going to react to them. You will just let them arise and go like you are hearing some noises in the streets. Or clouds passing. You can't really control the cloud. You can either react or withhold. If you keep reacting you will get stuck deeper in the thought loops. The only fix is to not react to the OCD thought no matter how intense it is and often it arises. 

Also establish :

Very Strong mediation Habit daily meditation and awareness of thoughts letting them come and go without reacting 

- The ability to let things go. This is going to require more emotional intelligence. Don't grasp into events and emotions. Practice being careless. 

- Great diet and exercise. 

- Ability to let things be as they are. Ability to accept the thoughts and not fight them. 

- Building in awareness into times where you are getting sucked into OCD related habits. For example awareness while washing hands. 

- Letting go of the thought that "I have OCD." You are creating and perpetuating the problem. Change that into I Had or I use to have. 

- Figure out how having OCD Benefits you. Write out the pros and cons of it and really think about it. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

You can obsess about not being obsessive. We can't control out minds but we can let go of the attachment to thoughts. Is it possible that you equate the OCD thoughts with suffering, when it's only a false belief that the two are connected? The resistance can be an attachment holding it in place. Are you into meditation, mindfulness and spirituality at all? I had a big breakthrough with OCD a couple years ago and saw that it was not what it seemed to be and was actually very connected with intuition. Mine was minor except for a year or two when I was a kid when it got intensely painful and affected my life a lot. I knew I was crazy and tried to hide it the best I could. My parents weren't the type to take me to talk to anyone. One day my best friend told me about this book she had read called "Kissing Doorknobs" and that it was about a girl who had OCD and she described what it was. I instantly knew that's what it was. From that moment I felt like since now I had this label, I could actually distance myself from this thing that was suddenly known. As a teenage I was able to train myself to ignore them, stop taking them seriously and it worked really well, the impulses only actually came up sometimes when I was running or in a meditative state. They didn't bother me again until right before the breakthrough at age 30. I'm cautious to talk about it because there are many different manifestations of OCD and to many people familiar with traditional treatment methods the way through can seem like running in the opposite direction. 

If you're interested in discussing in more detail feel free to PM me. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Andy fucking cutler's mercury detoxification Guide. Read it , apply it, see if it works. 

I am reading this currently - nothing has ever cured my OCD yet, I am putting all my faith on the ACC, if this shit doesn't work after 2 years, I'm gonna kill myself. 

Keep dreaming, you can cure OCD, I believe in you.

23 hours ago, Striving for more said:

@kras Andy Cutler's mercury detoxification guide. 

OCD is a symptom listed with heavy metal toxicity. 

What is this book about my bro?

I think that in my case i created indentity around that OCD, i dont know myself anymore, i cannot let go.

I still have hope in me.

Edited by kras

Loool I commented & i'd forget that i'd already commented sos

Edited by Striving for more

Its a tough cookie to crack. I've found my OCD lowered a lot when I am on top of my game 

When I feel like im doing well in my life I don't feel my ocd getting to me much. Basically when I'm leaning into my life and doing something about it