Javfly33

Reincarnation: Is it real?

24 posts in this topic

I´ve heard Leo and others saying re-incarnation aint real. 

However honestly is the only thing that makes sense. 

4 days ago my "father" died, and since then, I started to ask myself questions about where his consciousness went. 

Is the life of my father a "movie" that I as God lived in the past already, and God currently is incarnated in my form? (and now I am seeing how the movie of my father ended knowing about him "dying"?)

I know that I am consciousness and this is my dream. But I still have some questions...

sorry that your father "died"

about re-incarnation its one of those things which does seem logical, and there seem to be hints placed all over which would support the truth of it or that it's at least partly true, many religions talking about it, people having experiences etc.

but i think nobody can really be a 100% sure either way

Imagine you are playing skyrim and you have a bunch of characters and you decide to delete someone. The character's consciousness was you, the human playing the game, the other characters will wonder where their buddy went because by design they cannot comprehend the paradox.

@Javfly33 I'm sorry to hear that and wish you great strength.

1 minute ago, Mafortu said:

Imagine you are playing skyrim and you have a bunch of characters and you decide to delete someone. The character's consciousness was you, the human playing the game, the other characters will wonder where their buddy went because by design they cannot comprehend the paradox.

Reminds me of Spira's screen-analogy to consciousness.

In that analogy your father would be like a character in a movie. In reality he is of course the screen, pretending to be some particular character and when this character dies, then his consciousness doesn't go anywhere (because it was nowhere to begin with). The screen (consciousness) is nowhere and therefore can't go anywhere. 

@Javfly33 Concerning reincarnation: to be (re)born or to die is to identify with a certain pattern/form. 

Let's look at a river.

"The river" as such doesn't exist, it is a constant flux (hence it's true nature is emptiness/shunyata). As the ancient philosopher Heraklit said "Pantha Rhei" - "everything flows".

The moment you identify this pattern as "the river", it is born. But because it ("the river") is always changing, it is also in a constant process of dying.

This is the eternal cycle of (re)birth and death: Samsara. 

Birth and death are identical, because the moment you say "there it is!" - it's gone.

Here's another example. Look at the flame of a candle. We say "there is the flame!", whereas in reality, there is no flame, only a hot stream of burning wax. "The flame" as a pattern/form that you could identify as such is of course an illusion - therefore Samsara is just an illusion.

And as our last example, let's look at the ocean: there aren't any waves, appearing and disappearing. There's just the Ocean - Nirvana! playing and pretending to be Samsara. 

Sorry to hear about your loss, bro. Even our "dream" selves, and those we care about, are worthy of being honored.

On reincarnation, nobody knows for sure. I find it plausible, but don't know, and don't trust anyone that claims to know. The closest thing I've seen to evidence are the near-death experiences of people that seem credible. 

If you haven't seen this, I highly encourage watching it, especially given your question:

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Javfly33 very sorry for your lost brother.

We are not a biological entity, which is just a thought process. Your father is already what “he” is. So all is good! We are fundamentally already dead!  

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Every life is your past, present, and future life. 

There is no linear sequence to what lives you live.  If that were true, then that would mean there was a first life you lived and an end life you will live.  This would mean that there was a beginning point to when you started living lives, but of course, as God(who is Absolutely Infinite) you never had a beginning, nor will you have an end. 

Linearity necessarily implies finiteness but the amount of lives you lived/are living/will live is absolutely infinite, so how could it have had a beginning or end? With no beginning or end, there is no “next” or “before”.  Every point in Infinity is the very center! 

How could “you“ go to the “next” life when there is no such thing as “you” to begin with? This idea is born from the ego. It implies that there is some unique individual identity that moves on from life to life, but as everyone on this forum should understand: YOU HAVE NO IDENTITY.  

Your actual identity is God, which is all identities and none at the same time.  And God lives all lives at once, in the Eternal NOW. 

@Javfly33 sorry to hear about your loss. Stay strong! :(

About what happened to "him"..... This takes us to the question "who am I"?. What is your father really? He is just one limited finite expression of the infinite. So as the story goes.. the one infinite being is appearing and taking on all these apparently different forms. But it's all play in disguise. The sun and the moon are literally the same being .. God. So your father didn't really go anywhere. He is in everthing around you.   Now just the illusion of being a finite individual finally is broken. The mask is taken away so to speak. . And he realized his true identity. One. Boundless. Infinity. Which is never born and will never die. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

7 hours ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

Every life is your past, present, and future life. 

There is no linear sequence to what lives you live.  If that were true, then that would mean there was a first life you lived and an end life you will live.  This would mean that there was a beginning point to when you started living lives, but of course, as God(who is Absolutely Infinite) you never had a beginning, nor will you have an end. 

Linearity necessarily implies finiteness but the amount of lives you lived/are living/will live is absolutely infinite, so how could it have had a beginning or end? With no beginning or end, there is no “next” or “before”.  Every point in Infinity is the very center! 

How could “you“ go to the “next” life when there is no such thing as “you” to begin with? This idea is born from the ego. It implies that there is some unique individual identity that moves on from life to life, but as everyone on this forum should understand: YOU HAVE NO IDENTITY.  

Your actual identity is God, which is all identities and none at the same time.  And God lives all lives at once, in the Eternal NOW. 

@The Lucid DreamerDreamerDreamDreamerDreamerDDreamerDreamerDreamDreamerDrea

Woah loved your message. I think you got a solid point. My idea of reincarnation seems it comes from a finite and egocentric point of view, which of course is fundamentally false . Especially loved the parts about "you would have to start living lives at some point" if reincarnation is real, which makes sense.

Anyways I guess is something I need a much profound awakening to understand. But thanks all for the messages, also for all the people saying sorry! I must confess my relationship with my father was kind of nasty, so it hasn't been a tough news for me. But i still appreciate the sensibility of this forum of course! Thanks guys ??

My 3 year old son told me that he hadn’t learned Thai as a second language, he’s always known it. He claimed that he was a Thai man previously and had died when he was 44. He occasionally got excited when he recognised a place that we’d never been before. I didn’t probe him as I didn’t know anything of spirituality until very recently. So I’d be inclined to say reincarnation is a real thing that’s experienced. 

It's a mystery to me if objects of consciousness like memories reincarnate. But consciousness has no properties at all, so the thing that disappears is the same thing that appears through every being.

I however am 90% sure that visual memories of ancestors are in your genome. (Epigenetics proved it with fears).

Reincarnation of memories without genetics... I am not sure.

Nothing is real. Everything is nothing. Therefore, everything is as real as nothing. Dream it up and there it is. 

(I made all that up to highlight how finicky the word 'real' is....) 

I don't understand reincarnation honestly because that implies life and death, and I don't understand those concepts. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

16 hours ago, Tim R said:

@Javfly33 I'm sorry to hear that and wish you great strength.

Reminds me of Spira's screen-analogy to consciousness.

In that analogy your father would be like a character in a movie. In reality he is of course the screen, pretending to be some particular character and when this character dies, then his consciousness doesn't go anywhere (because it was nowhere to begin with). The screen (consciousness) is nowhere and therefore can't go anywhere. 

@Javfly33 Concerning reincarnation: to be (re)born or to die is to identify with a certain pattern/form. 

Let's look at a river.

"The river" as such doesn't exist, it is a constant flux (hence it's true nature is emptiness/shunyata). As the ancient philosopher Heraklit said "Pantha Rhei" - "everything flows".

The moment you identify this pattern as "the river", it is born. But because it ("the river") is always changing, it is also in a constant process of dying.

This is the eternal cycle of (re)birth and death: Samsara. 

Birth and death are identical, because the moment you say "there it is!" - it's gone.

Here's another example. Look at the flame of a candle. We say "there is the flame!", whereas in reality, there is no flame, only a hot stream of burning wax. "The flame" as a pattern/form that you could identify as such is of course an illusion - therefore Samsara is just an illusion.

And as our last example, let's look at the ocean: there aren't any waves, appearing and disappearing. There's just the Ocean - Nirvana! playing and pretending to be Samsara. 

Loved this river example. Noted.

Edited by Brandon Nankivell

Of course it's real. Maybe you should explore spirituality more, not just non-duality. Maybe develop your intuition and psychic abilities, try astral traveling, try different meditations or shamanic techniques for spiritual growth etc. Some yogis say that only after kundalini awakening does the spiritual path begin, so the people who replied here could be totally clueless if they haven't even reached that stage :)

@Javfly33 My condolences.

Ime; 'reincarnation' is something one can experience directly. I resonate with the word 'resurrection', too. 

However; I still choose to live as if this was my one and only life. One and only chance.

Reincarnation is real. You'd need to understand what reincarnates though.

What is born? What dies?

unborn Truth

3 hours ago, CamisaDoGremio said:

If you die tomorrow in an accident, we all in the forum will keep on going with our lives, what will happen to you after that? To you, the one who is you, only you know how is it like to be you, so what happens to you?

My opinion: nothing will happen, the pattern that you are shaping the nothing will simply dissolve. as you say, me, the neighbor and my dog will still be alive, but they are the same as you, simple (or complicated, better) forms out of nothingness. if you do deep you realize that who you really are is nothingness, and that nothingness is. everything will remain the same without you, because when you die your form will disappear. do not worry because I will continue to exist, I am you. Regarding reincarnation, I think that perhaps there is some continuity of the pattern that you have been, an evolution. but what we call identity is an empty pattern. it's the substance of nothingness that fills it