DecemberFlower

Why is easier to fear then to love

33 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, DecemberFlower said:

Its all one however that doesnt mean that fear and love based behaviour is ultimately the same 

Oh It means exactly that!

8 minutes ago, DecemberFlower said:

love based behaviour such as compassion is much harder then fear based behaviour such as judgment. 

From the universe's POV it makes no difference if you kill a bunch of people or feed them. The ultimate outcome is always the same. But see you think there is a difference because you have an ego and biased judgment etc. Your consciousness is not pure enough. So the only obstacle to recognize that fear is love is your selfishness. Level of consciousness. You think compassion is better than hatred? Ofcourse it isn't. Objectively speaking it isn't. They are equal. Only because of your egoic survival agenda is there a difference. And that is the obstacle to recognize this "unconditional love" which folks talk about. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

19 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Oh It means exactly that!

From the universe's POV it makes no difference if you kill a bunch of people or feed them. The ultimate outcome is always the same. But see you think there is a difference because you have an ego and biased judgment etc. Your consciousness is not pure enough. So the only obstacle to recognize that fear is love is your selfishness. Level of consciousness. You think compassion is better than hatred? Ofcourse it isn't. Objectively speaking it isn't. They are equal. Only because of your egoic survival agenda is there a difference. And that is the obstacle to recognize this "unconditional love" which folks talk about. 

It makes no difference but still I dont see spiritual masters starting fights killing and torturing people. And that is because they realized oneness and its now easy for them to behave in more loving way. However for most people its much more often the case that they choose judgement instead of compassion or in other words fear instead of love. To realize they are ultimately the same requires high levels of consciousness most people will not achieve.. Doesnt seem very loving even though i get that its cause my ego is in the way. Love would allow most people to see easy that even though from the highest point judgement and compassion are the same on  the relative domain its compassion that allows you to see that equality not judgement cause if its fear and judgement most people would Already be enlightened and world would not be in such a mess

34 minutes ago, aurum said:

f. 

34 minutes ago, aurum said:

The only way we can say that fear based thoughts and behaviour and love based thoughts and behaviour are ultimately the same from the highest level is cause we have spiritual masters who achieved such levels of consciousness where they can genuinely understand it and not judge people chosing life in fear. However they surely would not say such a thing when they were still messed up in fear and ego

I wouldn't say it's easier to fear than to love. To fear takes work. To love simply requires doing nothing. I don't want to give the impression that I'm subtly demonizing fear with this post. Fear has it's purpose and is a useful emotion in some contexts. 

12 hours ago, DecemberFlower said:

If universe is an expression of love why is there much more people who live behave and think based on fear and it seems to be much easier then to live based in love. Wouldnt it be more natural to gravitate towards love then fear in such a universe? And yet fear seems to be much more common

Here you talk about "natural" behavior. Yet, the behaviors that are defined by nature are selected through natural selection. How do you define a "natural" way for the mosquito to act? The way that leads it to feed itself and produce good offsprings.

Whatever is "natural" to do for humans, it will lead to their survival and their reproduction. In the thousands of years in which we evolved from monkey to human, being social was a huge thing. In fact, if you didn't fit in and were left out, you were basically dead. Wanting to stay alive, according to our definition, is more "natural" than wanting the truth at all cost, so we are willing to sacrifice this truth if we can fit in.

This ability to lie, pretend or make-believe may seem like a negative, a flaw but it's something pretty much every kid practices from a young age because it's a natural thing to learn and do. (Kids love to pretend they are a princess/super-hero/you-name-it, they basically practice playing roles). It happened to be an important aspect of social survival so it's a behavior that got adopted and became "natural".

You might think that having an organism develop an ability that end up hurting them in some other way for the sake of survival is "unnatural" but then if you look at nature, such types of flaws are everywhere. This is because natural selection leads to the creation of organisms which are designed to survive, rather than any other metric you could compare organisms with.

Edited by 4201

19 hours ago, DecemberFlower said:

Why is easier to fear then to love?

You create your own reality... you’re saying it is so...and experiencing, that it is so. 

If universe is an expression of love... (but here you go bout to say it isn’t) ...why is there much more people who live behave and think based on fear and it seems to be much easier then to live based in love (and now you’re experiencing what you’re saying).

Wouldnt it be more natural to gravitate towards love then fear in such a universe? And yet fear seems to be much more common

....to....you.

And it is so. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

You create your own reality... you’re saying it is so...and experiencing, that it is so. 

Ego cant know love..so how can ego experience anything other then fear?

Also i might be experiencing this for myself but still i see behaviours of others based mostly in fear so its not only my experience

Edited by DecemberFlower

54 minutes ago, DecemberFlower said:

Ego cant know love..so how can ego experience anything other then fear?

You say you are an ego which can’t know love, and it is so. You say you can’t experience anything other than fear, and it is so. 

54 minutes ago, DecemberFlower said:

Also i might be experiencing this for myself but still i see behaviours of others based mostly in fear so its not only my experience

You say there are others, and it is so. You say the behavior of others is based in fear, and it is so. This is your experience. There is no actuality of the claim that this is another’s experience. 

“If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.”

1 Corinthians 13

40 minutes ago, Nahm said:

“If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.”

1 Corinthians 13

I am  not a big fan of the bible but this is very profound:)

On 26.12.2020 at 4:03 AM, hyruga said:

If fear is the opposite of love, then what about hate?

"The enemy is fear. We think it is hate; but it is really fear." -Mahatma Gandhi

Hate comes out of fear and it requires that there is others. 

Fear = Duality (opposites)

Love = Nonduality (no opposites)