Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jacob Morres

Hurt people, Hurt people

6 posts in this topic

Check out this POV

It's beautiful for forgiving people, setting boundaries, having compassion and developing emotional stability from being wounded by others 

This is a beautiful video. 

This issue is very, very close to my heart. 

I have worked in very difficult areas where there’s been massive human rights crises, with people who are usually called ‘difficult’, ‘violent’, ‘criminals’ and I can assuredly tell you that albeit they are labelled as such, they are not bad people.

Most do not recognise that these people are hurt children. They have channelised their hurt to the wrong spaces because nobody explained what was going on to them; they grew up in circumstances that we cannot even begin to understand - and this gives us no right to judge them for creating chaos. 

They were born into a system where they have no choice; and it’s a domino effect - trauma runs through generations. Who teaches whom, then? Who is there to tell that it is not their fault that they were treated in such a manner? 

One needs to only tap into the love in their heart - it’s there, and it’s scared to come out in the open - because love is not what ensures their survival, being ruthless does. 

People need to know that love and kindness can go a long way, and I am sure when I tell you that when people who are most hard to love, recognise the love that resides within them, they love hard! 

Do you know the power of one tight, warm, genuine hug? 

Edited by xxxx