Eren Eeager

How selfish are spiritual masters?

26 posts in this topic

One insight I got from my last trip is that even the most enlightened beings are still selfish by a big margin. Maybe Osho was the most obvious example but still many others carry a subtle version of selfishness. I remember Leo saying something like " I bet Jesus was all brave and courageous until he tasted the cross".  I know you can be selfless and still enjoy the pleasures of life as you are not attached to them but still it looks like it is a very long road to reach high levels of selflessness. 

Edited by Eren Eeager

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

We seriously need to have clear definitions of these words:

• Selfishness.
  • Selflessness.
  • Ego/devil.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

5 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

We seriously need to have clear definitions of these words:

• Selfishness.
  • Selflessness.
  • Ego/devil.

Word...?

50 minutes ago, Eren Eeager said:

One insight I got from my last trip is that even the most enlightened beings are still selfish by a big margin. Maybe Osho was the most obvious example but still many others carry a subtle version of selfishness. I remember Leo saying something like " I bet Jesus was all brave and courageous until he tasted the cross".  I know you can be selfless and still enjoy the pleasures of life as you are not attached to them but still it looks like it is a very long road to reach high levels of selflessness. 

@Eren Eeager Do you remember where/when Leo said that? Gotta add that to my quote collectionxD

Yeah, it's easy to be "selfless" as long as selfish desires are fulfilled. Guess we all are selfish to some extent, even the greatest masters.

54 minutes ago, Eren Eeager said:

looks like it is a very long road to reach high levels of selflessness

But how to "measure" the degree of selfishness/selflessness? What is a "high level" of selflessness?

@James123 All spiritual masters are overrated. 

32 minutes ago, Tim R said:

Word...?

@Eren Eeager 

But how to "measure" the degree of selfishness/selflessness? What is a "high level" of selflessness?

Level of love, level of no ego. 

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

@Nahm please react. ?

spiritual masters ➡️ Conor Murphy. It's just so stronger then me I just have to. 

What Leo knows. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@Eren Eeager most importantly , all spiritual masters, prophets, world, universe is happening within your thought process. If you look from egoic perspective, judging them is inevitable. Whatever you say will be “personal opinion  “ it will have just a value for yourself, but it might not make any sense for others.

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

1 hour ago, Eren Eeager said:

Level of love, level of no ego. 

Lack of selfishness and selflessness are two different things. I don’t think we can use it interchangeably.

@Red-White-Light Me on acid, lol?

@James123 @Nahm How do you guys answer the question, Am I being selfish for wanting material things, a car, a comfy hose, a nice career, even things like a comfy bed?

4 minutes ago, Eren Eeager said:

@James123 @Nahm How do you guys answer the question, Am I being selfish for wanting material things, a car, a comfy hose, a nice career, even things like a comfy bed?

A master would say something like, "Find out Who You Are, then do whatever you please."

58 minutes ago, Eren Eeager said:

First, Awakening is must. After that answer will find “you” before questioning. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

44 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Eren Eeager

Selfish is conceptual. Retrace where you learned this to unlearn the duality. 

Nice! 

I have tons of limiting beliefs and conceptual bullshit to work on. 

@Eren Eeager

☺️

Turn belief into relief. When a limiting belief is recognized as a limiting belief, the work is already done. If they pop up again, they are met with this recognition, and the relief feels good. Letting go of what doesn’t feel good...feels good. Spotting thoughts that aren’t true, feels good. Make a game of it. Have fun. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

tumblr_lstqmnAs6c1qcjres.gif

(God looking for a comment on ‘spiritual masters’)

Hahahahahahahahahaha day without Jed wouldn't be a day. 

18 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Letting go of what doesn’t feel good...feels good. Spotting thoughts that aren’t true, feels good. Make a game of it. Have fun. 

What I found really surprising was to see, how the ego wants to hold on to thoughts which don't even feel good! Both challenging and somewhat shocking. I always assumed, that I'd easily let go of 'negative thoughts' as soon as I spot them - cause they don't feel good, right?

That was the 'ouch'-factor of feeling for me. Seeing just how much we cling to all sorts of thoughts. Though, after a few iterations of this process, the clinging lessens. But man, never would I have thought that I cling to feeling like shit and not wanting to let go, even if I have the opportunity to do so. Feeling, feeling, feeling. Makes you empathize with yourself. :)