Elshaddai

What is a thought? What is it made out of? What is their purpose Where are they from?

47 posts in this topic

These are questions I've been thinking about while contemplating my latest acid trip, didn't find any answers to these questions though. 

Any thoughts on what thoughts are?

Thought is a “thought “ itself. So called “thought” is naming, labeling and putting meaning on the words, such as saying “word” or “thought”. There is no such a thing as a thought, if you “think” it is “exist” if you dont “think” there is no such a thing as “exist” nor “not exist “. So called “creation” of so called “mind”, which is a thought again. There is no something (including the thoughts), just nothingness.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

I like Rupert's ocean analogy. If Consciousness is the ocean, thoughts are waves, feelings are currents.
You are Consciousness. Water is made out of pure timeless orgasmic energy, called Unconditional Love.

Investigate the direct experience via spiritual practices:
• what is the relationship between thought and feeling?
• can you experience more than one thought in a time?
• what is the relationship between you and thought? who is experiencing (aware of) the thought? 

Oh brother, you are nothing but your thoughts
The rest of you is merely skin and bones
If your thought is a rose, you are a rose garden
If your thought is a thorn, you are fuel for the fire.

− Rumi

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

They are always here on stock, even if I don´t think them actively. All the thoughts that I have ever thought and will think again. Round and round.  So called sub-thoughts predefined by some major ultimate thought - me.  I want to breakt through. Basically I don´t have anything against thoughts. But it´s boring to have in your disposal only one set ot them. 

When I ask me ,what is me? I thinks I am a thought. :))) But then the questions arises, what is a thought? Where it comes from? I don´t know.

1 hour ago, Elshaddai said:

I've been thinking

To see the true nature of thoughts, don’t utilize them to weave a hindsight story of a thinker. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, allislove said:

I like Rupert's ocean analogy. If Consciousness is the ocean, thoughts are waves, feelings are currents.
You are Consciousness. Water is made out of pure timeless orgasmic energy, called Unconditional Love.

It´s a beutiful analogy and it desribes, how I perceive it. Bit it still doesn´t answer the question, where do the waves come from? Why are there waves? Why not just the ocean, flows, water?

there is nothing, emptiness, and suddenly ... there is a thought. If you look at it you will see that it is like a shape, a wave. it is you undulating, taking a shape. good or bad thoughts are the same, shapes. they are created from nothing and disappear into nothingness. you create them. how and why? because you are a ripple out of nothing, a form that vibrates, and they are one of the creations of that vibration

Edited by Breakingthewall

1 hour ago, Hulia said:

Bit it still doesn´t answer the question, where do the waves come from? Why are there waves? Why not just the ocean, flows, water?

Because there is no such a thing as 'thought'. How do you know that thoughts are thoughts, ocean ıs ocean, water is water? is it your direct experience or someone teach you? So how do that 'person' knows that ıs truth? Anything you have learned even our birth anb the word of 'thought' is an conceptiulaziation of so called mind (another thought). There is no something (including the thoughts), just nothing. 

7 hours ago, allislove said:

@Hulia 

It's all play of the ocean :x

Some thoughts are playfull, the others - not. Most of them not. Why shoul ocean bother, wheter I turned off the iron or not, for example :) 

8 hours ago, James123 said:

Because there is no such a thing as 'thought'. How do you know that thoughts are thoughts, ocean ıs ocean, water is water? is it your direct experience or someone teach you? So how do that 'person' knows that ıs truth? Anything you have learned even our birth anb the word of 'thought' is an conceptiulaziation of so called mind (another thought). There is no something (including the thoughts), just nothing. 

I don´t even need to think a thought. They are just there - the whole set of them, waiting for their turn. This is how I know that there is such thing as thought - I perceive there presence.

What you presumably mean is that there is no such thing as me - my self. But as long as there is my self there are also thoughts.

At least a certain type of them. Now I see, thought is not equal thought... I think

25 minutes ago, Hulia said:

What you presumably mean is that there is no such thing as me - my self.

Yes, “me” or “i” is an another thought. 

26 minutes ago, Hulia said:

. They are just there - the whole set of them, waiting for their turn.

Where are they? 

10 hours ago, James123 said:

Where are they? 

Good question. At the same place where everything else is. Because everything else exists only in my thought.

10 hours ago, Hulia said:

Some thoughts are playfull, the others - not. Most of them not. Why shoul ocean bother, wheter I turned off the iron or not, for example :) 

Imagine, there is only one Self. Self wants to self explore, so it forgets yourself. Self appears as infinite amount of self beings.
If self identified with a thought, clinging to it, resisting what is, it definitely doesn't feel good. This are the hints from Self, that this is not true, that self is not a thought, but source of it. Choose the best feeling thought, that's the path of least resistance for the self. And yes, Self can't be bothered by anything. Nothing can go wrong. Enjoy the play ^_^

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

1 hour ago, Hulia said:

Good question. At the same place where everything else is. Because everything else exists only in my thought.

“in my thought” is a thought itself, as “everything else”, “same place” or “exist”.  If every thought or word is identical, what are they? What makes them identical?

Edited by James123

James 123, What you are telling about refers to a pretty advanced state of mind. How it should be according to the teachings and gurus and so on.. 

And what I am telling you, is how it is. 

I think there are 2 layers. One is so called reality: people and events. Where I am pretty aware that they are just my thoughts, an illusion. Since they are not present. Only in form of the thought.

The 2nd layer is the thought itself. I am not aware of its illusionary nature. Since it is present. Always. 

Edited by Hulia

8 minutes ago, Hulia said:

What you are telling about refers to a pretty advanced state of mind. How it should be according to the teachings and gurus and so on.. 

Yes. Unfortunately, but thats the answer of the question below. 

On 12/24/2020 at 4:22 PM, Hulia said:

But then the questions arises, what is a thought? Where it comes from? I don´t know.

14 minutes ago, Hulia said:

The 2nd layer is the thought itself. I am not aware of its illusionary nature. Since it is present. Always. 

Focus on this perspective. More direct. ??

@Elshaddai Thoughts are energy forms with illusory content. They come from the collective ego-mind, that's why we all think similarly and can relate to each other. The purpose is primarily for survival and evolution.

At the level of experiences, thoughts are objects similar to perceptions. At the level of experiencing, absolute or consciousness, thoughts are temporal modulations, vibrations or coloring of nothingness or consciousness. On the other hand, the whole life is in a way a great thought or hallucination that is imagined into existence.

I don't know. But they are a bitch.

I end up believing i was them for some time ?