Strangeloop

I want to sleep almost every minute of the day

18 posts in this topic

I don't know. I just want to sleep a lot. I can't even read no more. It's too hard. I feel tired all the time. And I don't find anything valuable to do. I just want to lay in bed all day and sleep...

8 hours ago, Strangeloop said:

And I don't find anything valuable to do.

Of course you do. You’re doing it right now! Whatever you’re doing in life is valuable to you. Otherwise you wouldn’t be doing it!

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Depressed?

Perhaps you need a deep rest...

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1 minute ago, Rilles said:

Depressed?

Perhaps you need a deep rest...

A depressed mind knows no rest. It will only rest in peace.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

1 minute ago, How to be wise said:

A depressed mind knows no rest. It will only rest in peace.

Play on words, my friend...

Dont look at me! Look inside!

check what might be affecting your energy levels:

health: diet, fitness, sleep schedule, nutrition, various health conditions etc. Diet can be a big one.

Use of emotions: How often are you feeling angry, depressed, upset, etc. When we are in heavy emotional states it takes a toll on the systems energy levels

Mental health: What is your thinking like? Are you telling yourself positive things or negative things. This could also influence your energy levels.

Are you trying to sleep a lot to avoid something?

@Byun Sean Well I'm working long hours in a taxi, so whenever I get my day off I feel tired. And my schedule is not very balanced. I eat not on the same time of the day.

I feel kinda calm with a hint of anxiousness. Sometimes I feel very angry, irritated. My thoughts are mostly negative but I find some positives ones here and there.

And the last question is closest to the Truth. Yes I'm trying to escape Reality by sleeping. What am I escaping is probably mostly connected to how I feel and think.

On 25.12.2020 at 7:18 PM, Strangeloop said:

@Byun Sean Well I'm working long hours in a taxi, so whenever I get my day off I feel tired. And my schedule is not very balanced. I eat not on the same time of the day.

I feel kinda calm with a hint of anxiousness. Sometimes I feel very angry, irritated. My thoughts are mostly negative but I find some positives ones here and there.

And the last question is closest to the Truth. Yes I'm trying to escape Reality by sleeping. What am I escaping is probably mostly connected to how I feel and think.

What exactly do you want to escape? 

A question that has been helping me recently:

How is being tired all the time serving me?

How is not getting good enough sleep preventing me from doing something that I'd rather not do?

For example, in my case I answered "Being tired is helping me avoid become supervisor at my job, which is good because I do not like my job. If I was invigorated and well-rested every day, pretty soon my coworkers would start looking to me to lead them, and then I'd have no choice but to be the supervisor. Additionally, I would feel guilty surpassing Diamond for the supervisor position since she has worked here longer than I have, so being tired prevents me from having to deal with that guilt."

Hope this helps :)

"Yes is the answer... And you know that! Fasho!

Yes is surrender! You gotta let it... you gotta let it GO!" - John Lennon, Mind Games

On 25/12/2020 at 6:18 PM, Strangeloop said:

Yes I'm trying to escape Reality by sleeping

Seems you like your life is missing a deeper spark that would ignite your motivation & energy levels? 

What do you like to do? What are you here to do? What's your passion? Even while working as a taxi driver, there is time to put some effort into what matters to you the most. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 I like to talk even if it's just nonsense, I can ramble for hours. That's why I started my Youtube channel to get myself talking more, but then I see that I can't stop. I just talk a lot. And I love doing it. I also Beatbox while in the car. Talking is also what I do with clients. It's a form of self-expression for me. I like to film to edit.

But the spark as you said is not entirely there. Sure I get up a bit early lately and enjoy shooting the videos, but still I feel like there should be more, better stuff to do. Or I'm just not happy with how I'm living right now.

Do you exercise? get enough sunshine? Do you eat properly? Do you socialize?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Do you suffer sleep deprivation? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

4 hours ago, Strangeloop said:

I like to talk even if it's just nonsense, I can ramble for hours. That's why I started my Youtube channel to get myself talking more, but then I see that I can't stop. I just talk a lot. And I love doing it. I also Beatbox while in the car. Talking is also what I do with clients. It's a form of self-expression for me. I like to film to edit.

But the spark as you said is not entirely there. Sure I get up a bit early lately and enjoy shooting the videos, but still I feel like there should be more, better stuff to do. Or I'm just not happy with how I'm living right now.

@Strangeloop I assume as a taxi driver you spend a lot of time sitting. This will sap so much of your physical and mental energy. I was researching some consequences of prolonged sitting not long ago and it goes way beyond just back pain and obesity, the brain of sedentary person is becoming more like that of a depressed person. Definitely find opportunities to get out and do 10 burpees every time you don't have a client...or something of that sort :)

Also check your vitamin D levels. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus