Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dragallur

Physics, Meditation, Lucid Dreaming: The Path

140 posts in this topic

86th day:
Enlightenment work
What a freakin day. From 10-11AM I did SDS then right after lunch I did Neti-Neti for 56 minutes and then I just waited for the full hour to go by. After other stuff I did 1 horu of self inquiry in the evening and I just finished another 30 minutes of SDS, I planned whole hour but it did not clap with dinner and such. Cool, all of it was sitting crosslegged basically not moving especially during oficial SDS.

Towards the second half of self-inquiry something interesting happened. I was wondering who the hell recognizes thought when it comes up. It is recognized by someone right? :D Well there is somebody otherwise the thought would as well not exist at all.... and then something happened. I had this insight about this "field" that reflects these things, it did not have any form.

I was like: all right then, I better remember this! I tried to recreate the complete experience but was not succesful. I feel great now anyways and it was something remarkable.. I also understand more this concept of not clinging to experience.

Physics
Alright, I did some Khan Academy.

Mindfulness
Quite good and it is not even school!

• No computer games (30 streak)

Stuff
I went running today. I ran over 8 kilometers with tempo something like 6 minutes and 10 seconds for kilometer.. that is definitely weak for me but I do not mind, I enjoyed the run a lot. Knees are completely ok just the bone under it hurts a bit. Two days ago I actually was doing parkour and I finally had the courage to jump one of the more difficult jumps! I also did some exercises for knees again.

I joined the no music for one week unofficial challenge!

Leo's practical guide to enlightenment is great.

The Grand Project
Have you been wondering how is my work here going?

Well I have finished first course on HTML and CSS in CodeAcademy and now today I started PHP. Otherwise I am getting some better idea what will be my way of approach to this thing but it is kind of abstract to write here. I need to study a lot a lot, thats why I have to go to University because I could not learn the stuff by myself so easily. Of course I can start before I finish my school. That needs some studying too but if I start to prepare the most of the surface stuff it will be easier to work with it later on.

I realised that blogging (that is around 250 posts on my blog each roughly 400 words) really improved my writing skills. Just the other day I received 11/12 points on english writing and the only problem is that I never learned to use "articles". This is nice indeed.

Dragallur

When it rains, it pours like hell.
-Insomnium

My blog: dragallur.wordpress.com

88th day:
Enlightenment work
I think that the experience I had couple of days ago was indeed very important.

Again 2 hours of SDS and 1 hour of self-inquiry. I am really beginning to be interested a lot in the self-inquiry stuff... achhh senses and thoughts are amazing.

Physics
Today I was listening only to podcast about rationality called Bayesian Conspiracy (I think I already mentioned it), 3 people talking about rationality basically. Since they are very small podcast and it seems that they acknowledge and aswer questions people ask I want to ask what they think about spirituality, meditation and enlightenment. (This seems to me that it is intuition approved but I can say that to any idea, does it even make so much difference?)

Mindfulness
Very interesting. Yesterday I felt quite sick. I spent lot of time on toilet and they I lied down in the bed to relax though I wanted to meditate or something. I downloaded on my phone some games and it took me about 30-40 minutes to casually uninstall them :D. To be honest I was playing with the idea of not reseting the counter here but I will. It was a small relapse and I think it was good I made it since I realised some things. The number displayed here does not matter anyway so who cares.

• No computer games (1 streak)

I am actually quite happy with my self.

Stuff
Today I was running again! 6 kilometers with tempo of 5:13 which is great, I would not expect that!

I did some exercises too because of my back, knees are still great!

Had some really cool dreams so wrote them down.

Everything that we are doing here is totally influenced by Leo... this is EXTREMELY important because any flaws that he makes we pick up after him like pigeons. Please dear reader, do understand this :D (Videos are made from his ideas, books are of his choice and only tip of what he read, forum is full of people that have to be similar otherwise they would not be here, life-purpose course is based on his ideas and his life and his books).. so remember he talks about enlightenment and he is not enlightened.

Dragallur

-Insomnium

91st day:
Enlightenment work
Writing times here is kind of pointless since I do not even post everyday, but hey today I did 2 hours of self-inquiry. Quite interesting, weird experiences when looking into mirror or doing random shit like standing and sitting up repeatidly is happening more and more often :D

Physics
Uhh.. more info down:

Mindfulness
Quite fine, needs work, long periods of mindfulness are really powerful.

• No computer games (4 streak)

Christmas
All right, this was pretty interesting, my first Christmas without my family. The presents are the important thing of course so I will share the ones that are not chocolate (for some reason I have pile of chocolate in my drawer and I keep getting more).

Book: Dangerous Women

Stories by various masters in science-fiction and fantasy. Put together by some guy Gardner Dozois and all mighty George R. R. Martin! Yeah I have to admit that I really like Song of Ice and Fire. Oh well, thats for my actualization :D. I started the first few pages though it has like 700 I am really looking forward to it since I have no problem with reading fantasy or watching lighter science-fiction movies... I still think there is art to them and things to learn from.

Book: An Introduction to Modern Astrophysics

Hell yeah. The keyword is "modern", the stuff following the page around 50 gets complicated, like a lot! I started working very well to understand first things and I definitely love it. It is ok if I will have to stop with it, few years later I will get the knowledge and finally break through! (It has 1500 pages)

Book: The Book of Not Knowing

Probably only one that the reader is familiar with :D. I am on a page 30 or so, seems very interesting I like how Ralston mentions Einstein and other scientists and combines it with enlightenment work! (700 pages). Yup this is probably the largest amount of pages I have got for Christmas ever, I dunno how I will transport it back home :D

Music: Winter's Gate

As you might have noticed my most favorite group is Insomnium (melodic death metal) and in September they released new CD Winter's Gate. I heard it but then Century Media Records deleted it from YouTube, now I wished it and I can listen to it! What happened to my challenge you ask? I waited until today and I decided I do not need to continue. It was actually pretty easy after the first or two days and the only problem I realised is having music in the background so I will stop doing that.
The music itself is masterpiece. Here is my favorite quote that I like to put onto enlightenment work:

"Sunless, starless, pathless is the way."

Whole CD is based on Viking story that the main singer wrote and it consists of one 40 minute track!

The case of breatharianism and other supernatural phenomena
Alright I have cleared up mind about this again a little bit more. Breatharianism is basically living on Prana which is some kind of energy. I have considered it through and through again after quantum sent me a video (sorry [1]I did not listen to it whole, only about half).

So.. what kind of annoys me is that there is no definite proof and that people died when trying to learn it.

There is this woman Jasmuheen I think she is called who kind of brought this to west, she has been investigated at her home after she agreed upon long term "watching". First after losing weight and being dehydrated she said that because of bad air from highway she can not live on prana so they moved to nature but she kept on losing her weight, her pulse was getting higher and higher and she was more and more dehydrated and then the people who filmed it decided to stop it before she comes to harm. Well... why would she agree in the first place if she knew that she is not able to do it? Why was she not able to do it if she is able to do it?

If breatharianism is possible it is EXTREMELY powerful tool, like really! Anybody with higher goals and empathy towards humanity would do anything to prove this to world. Jasmuheen was actually even offered 1 million dollars if she proves that it is possible! Anybody with little bit of thinking could calculate how many lives can 1 million dollars save, and it would not be so hard if you practice the method for years anyway.

Take Wim Hof for example. Guy who clearly shows signs of supernatural abilities, almost climbed Mount Everest in shorts only (this is little bit more complicated), ran record in Polar circle half marathon in only shorts (this time even without shoes) and ran in Namibian desert marathon without any water.. I call this quite a proof for his case and he has official Guiness world record in being submerged in ice for 2 hours (I think) without his body's surface temperature going down. He has breathing method that enables him this with lot of practice.. he said that he wants the world to know about this and wants this technique not to be only "pseudoscience" so under controlled set up he was investigated.. of course this makes sense because if you want to learn lot of people you need society to accept it which makes sense because science than can improve it or learn from this new thing.

Maybe breatharianism is too complicated but if I were breatharian I would claim find a little bit openminded scientist or documentarist, claimed this ridiculous piles of many and spread the technique around the world into mainstream community.. you say that mainstream community can not handle this? Bet they can if you finally provide some serious information. There is definitely lot of ridiculous crazy things that you could do to start to plant seed in the mind of society.

Notice that I am not using any kind of scientific knowledge to argue with, I am simply stating that I think that their behavior does not make so much sense.. do not get me wrong I find it unbeliavable that these people who confidently talk about breatharianism know that they normally eat at home. Lot of them say that they drink juice and eat some sweets during the day, it might be that they just learned their body to live on extremely low amount of calories and that the reason why they would never stop eating completely would be that it is not possible and they are just deluding themselves by saying that they like the taste of food... I have not lived for long enough to know how much people are willing to do to save their belief systems... I leave that open again.

Dragallur

[1]Do you ask why I striked through "sorry" instead of deleting it? My friend came up with an agreement that he made with some people including me, the agreement is basically about not saying "sorry". Why? Because we think that sorry is over used world that only manipulates people, the same thing goes with thank you. I do not do this to everybody though because that would not work but I know that people here are on whole different level and can take this ;)

-Insomnium

104th day:
So I was one week in Denmark for vacation, quite interesting. I could post something but I rather decided not to and I was a bit lazy. There is probably only one thing I want to mention right now..

The day that I came there which is more than a week now I had one day completely shitty. I did not have such a bad day in a long time. I would not describe it depressed, it was kind of empty, I felt nihilistic but at the same time it was something different. The whole thing was probably triggered with a little problem that I have right now and need to solve (maybe will mention later).. then it was fine. I am quite relaxed these days and pondering upon my emotions and such stuff. Leo has some good videos now!

Dragallur

-Insomnium

107th day:
Enlightenment work

One day I did only one hour of SDS and that was all, I admit it :D. Self inquiry these days is more and more about senses.. thoughts are direct experience right? In the way that when you experience thoughts no matter what they say, you are experiencing something. That would make sense then why you can not describe with thoughts what you ACTUALLY see.. imagine describing what you see by smell, or by sound. Thoughts are often "misused" as the tool to describe all the other senses, you can also misuse senses too. If you hear car right behind you braking rapidly you might imagine as an image that there is car almost knocking you down, this of course happens without single thought.

I have this feeling that paragraph like this will be destroyed to pieces by my future me :D

Physics and The Grand Project
So.. I have definitely been doing quite some math and physics though not on Khan Academy for example. As I said before that I think I start to understand the core of basics of derivations and that I would be able to explain it to anybody very well, I am doing some work on different "systems" in math. The fun thing is that I am not reading anything about it. The whole thing originated with me wanting to be able to calculate extremely fast. It is amazing to truly understand how much decimal system is arbitrary and why we actually add one more symbol when counting to 10 and so on.

I am working on neat "lessons" on paper from my astronomy book that I got from Christmas, I find them kind of cool and they might help to create posts for TGP.

Mindfulness
Still working on mindfulness.

• No computer games (20 streak)

Stuff
I mentioned that something gave me "depressive" period for a while. It was that I got problems with my teeth again which for something completely surprising. Tomorrow I am going to dentist again. I studied some stuff throughtout the last days and I plan on improving my diet. For example I eat way too much bread. Also I upgraded my dental hygiene. I find the whole thing really kind of upsetting when I see the people around me just eating all the chocolate and not flossing and so on while I do all of that and rinse my mouth after each meal and still I fuck it up. Do you still remember my first actualization rule? It was about mistakes.. here I made the mistake two times and now I am confident in my awareness to carry through finally and learn from it, it was stupid, I do not know what state other peoples teeth are in but this kinda sucks. I am getting better in the art of taking problem deadly serious but at the same time not totally fucking up my mind with it throughtout the whole day. I also bought some chewing gum without sugar to improve as much as I can, the whole thing was lot of emotional labor but it is NOT BAD that it happened.

I want to have strict sleeping schedule again.

I love life.

Dragallur

-Insomnium

110th day:
Enlightenment work

Today before I started SDS in the morning i (my intuition) decided to it super hardcore without moving my eyes and so on. I started and I think about after 30 minutes I got this warm feeling in my leg. That happened to me before but this time I decided to let it go and continue. After some more time I tried to flex my lower leg muscle without otherwise moving. It was SO slow! I thought about it for few seconds and then tried to move my toes. It went pretty hard so I "knew" that I cut out my bloodflow. I stretched my whole leg before me, it felt so weird and I could NOT move my ankle. So weird. Imagine the thought and the feeling how you move your limb but then it does not move, nothing like that ever happened to me. After few minutes it was fine, luckily.

Intuition
I just took a cold shower. For some reason I am shivering even now.. it was quite cool anyway. I got this feeling that tommorow I could try to write something for G. Project though I also meet with YFU (the organization I am here in Germany with) so that will take about 6 hours of the day.

Physics
Not really. I am stuck on one topic and I need to solve that.. otherwise I was reading The Book of Not Knowing a lot. Wow, the book is amazing, its as simple as that!

• No computer games (23 streak)

Today I also watched Mr. Nobody because somebody shared it on the list with movies that got to do something with enlightenment. It was great, really liked it.

@quantum shared a great "speech" of hers, I am thinking that for some reason I could do that too... just talk about my thoughts.

I am fucking liar. I want to tell my mum that I meditate, thats one of my burdens that I need to leave behind.

Dentist went ok. Most of it was just color from tee! Now its 2 weeks since I upgraded my teeth hygiene again.

Dragallur

-Insomnium

@Gabriel Antonio I think yes at least a bit.. she is scientist and she kinds of discards lot of things. One time I was reading first book of Jed McKenna and she asked me what am I reading and then she asked me with this strange tone if I want to become monk or what.. we will see how she takes. She was even very sceptical about lucid dreaming.

-Insomnium

111th day:
Leo's video

So I just saw Leo's last video.

It kind of reminds me of rant against rationality though this one was way better. Now the whole message is kind of interesting, I have not fully realised something like that for myself but there were couple of points that I want write here that bit annoyed me.

First of all.. science. He says that Big Bang Theory does not explain what happened before and so on, how did big bang happen? He also says that scientists and such are ignorant about that or something along these lines. I just want to point out that this is false, it is quite clear between physicists that science did not figure it out. Actually we are quite sure about the time 10^-31 of second but not further back.. see? We just dont know which is completely normal in science! There is no theory that would be able to cover the time even further.

Also, science does not think anything. Towards the end of the video Leo said something like that, maybe he meant scientists but that would be just vague generalization.

What is the problem with infinite regression? I personally do not find one, how do we know that infinite regression is something bad or untrue? And what about infinite cycle? Why not? What is the problem with time and space just coming into existence? Maybe thats what happened.

There were definitely other things but it does not really matter so much, I am not sure about time myself and thats ok, I just want to show that Leo sometimes says random things and uses logical fallacies. I actually do not know if I am looking forward to any of his videos about quantum physics, its just that I fear he would misunderstand the concepts after reading some popular physics books.. I mean, what else can he do, there is not time for him to master also quantum physics.

I just wanted to write that people are accepting what he says a lot but in the comments under the video some are fairly sceptical which is nice to see too.

All in all, I need to experience the stuff for myself.

Diabolo
In the end I decided I will buy diabolo for my juggling after school activity and right now I am waiting for it! I am really looking forward to listen to some audiobook and train. Firstly I thought that it would be waste of time but now I am sure that I want to try it.

The Grand Project
In the morning I wrote a bit as an introduction to new visitors on the still non existing page. I will look at it later and rewrite it many times, it is basically the most important part :D

YFU meeting
Yesterday I said that I am meeting today with other exchange students and other families. I was surprised by how good my german was! Otherwise its been a while since I was in contact outside of school with normal teenagers and I actually did not realise the huge difference. So hooked up on their phones, so.. uhhhh. Well some people there seemed cool and I talked with them a bit.

Neti-Neti
Today I did Neti instead of self-inquiry. Pretty intense, at one point I just said at one point whispering "outloud": "What the fuck". At some point I understood way better how names and labeles do not describe stuff, it is not always so easy for me but today it went very well when looking on carpet. 

During one walking self-inquiry I decided that I will just go without breathing. I decided I will do it until the lamp before me. Even before I got there I was really out of oxygen but then I forcefully extended it by another lamp. Then my board with map, then by another lamp. In the end I felt like totally dead, my legs were totally burning, it was cool :D

Sometimes I need to do some random movements, its funny and might look like I have a stroke or something :D
Oh I wanted to write something more but then forgot what.. oh well.

Dragallur

-Insomnium

112th day:
Leo's video
So I was "pushed" to write a post about how I did not like this video. I started to watch it again and take notes to gather up some arguments. In the short talk below, which is one of the most shitties things I have ever done in my entire life I sum up what mistakes I made and why my arguments did not really work. I did not take a look on the other rationality video but when I think about it now maybe the principles I used now would work too.

My talking is really shitty, especially I did not go through what I want to say actually but next time it will be better. The only important part is actually the last minute or so.

This will be updated in few minutes I forgot some stuff (21:47 GMT-1)

UPDATE:
I forgot to say some things about this day! It was very cold today and since I do not heat my room it is even colder than normally. At one point during my self-inquiry which was today 100 minutes I decided that I will go running. I went without a coat, only in shirt and jacket and without gloves which was a bit problem because after a while I did not feel my fingers anymore -_-. I decided to go back even though I expected to run less than 30 minutes which is something I do not want. Towards the end even my fingers somehow heated up though it hurt as hell. I ran bit more than 6 kilometers in 35 minutes which is nice. I took cold shower too afterwards and felt really great! My diabolo is not here yet, hopefully tommorow. I think I will speak about my free time in the next "episode".

Dragallur

PS: Quantum... thanks so so much!

Edited by Dragallur

-Insomnium

@Dragallur my dad has always said, "you can do whatever you do if it's making you happy." you should've seen his face when i throwed the idea of becoming a monk... but people eventually get used to different things you're doing, but they indeed resist in the beginning. so we gotta stay rooted. 

side note: i got into meditation because i was interested in lucid dreaming...

@Dragallur i also didn't like that video... alongside with "non-duality goes cosmopolitan", these were the only videos i haven't seen till the end

Self-Inquiry aka untangling my personality:

Obvious issue: Why am I rational? I like the feeling of being rational and I feel above people who are not rational... it is rather subtle but the feeling is definitely there. Maybe it has something to do with my past!

I was growing alongside 3 older siblings who definitely outsmarted me in everything for a long time. I might be striving to match them up or be able to argue my way through things. My brother is exceptionally good at this so I might have learned it from him too and my sisters were fighting with me when I was on computer. Maybe I adopted this family rationality and now I use it because of that

2) Computer games

Since I basically stopped playing computer games I sometimes laugh on the people who still play them. Probably it is just because I still have the craving and the need to resist it and in this way I am preserving my self-image of person that got out of the computer game addiction!

3) I do not like to have physical contact with most people

Maybe it is because I did not have much physical contact when I was younger and now I will happily dodge any incoming hug or/and I do not feel comfortable with it.

4) Music listening

I listen to metal and definitely think that it is the best music out there. I like to put down pop for being so shallow in their texts and like to think of myself as the person listening to metal though I do not like to share my music with broader spectrum of people.

------------

I have written 30 personalities that I think of myself as. Those are types like rationalists, thin, smart, vegetarian, exchange student and many more. I identify with them and they lock me up because I need to act upon them to save the self-image. This creates lot of suffering when I do something that is not in the going right with my personality and even more when two personalities with different base emerge and fight against each other (ex. rationalist vs. spiritualist). 30 personalities is just tip of the iceberg, that creates basically already made path that I have to follow otherwise I would go against my self-image.

-----------

Vision.

We see in 2D. View is probably the best sense that we have and we can not ever shut it since when we close eyes we see back of our eye lids. What is this stuff around me? Colors and shapes is easy to say but harder to see. Automatically my mind interprets everything I see. What is the value of this? Does it collide with anything in my self-image? For example if I saw a place where pigs are hold for meat I would immediately think how bad it is for environment and that the animals are killed... it goes against my self-image. When some inconsistency arrises like me drinking milk that is not morally very acceptable it creates lot of suffering because me being rational and morally consistent goes against comfort and good taste of milk.

I just looked on heating in my room. It is turned off to save energy. This gived me a little dope since it goes well with being enviromentally friendly person. If it got really cold and I did not kept myself from heating up it would create suffering. Why did not I keep it off? I have to be enviromental person!!!

Vision is so cool. I think of myself as a camera often. But I can not see the eyes. Only in the mirror and that is just reflection. I can feel them a bit when I turn them around. They make this amazing thing called vision, thanks eyes!

The End

Running
Went running, at one point I will develop the image of runner, actually I already did probably.

Mindfulness
Wow, today rocked. During politics class I was doing self-inquiry basically and it was so powerful, if somebody would watch me it could be strange since I was just staring on the teacher without a single move :D

The Book of Not Knowing
Those who read it, you might actually see how it is influencing me.. this is definitely one of the best works I have ever read so far. I am on page 300 or so. It simply so matches with what I experience and is so good to guide through next steps! I checked Peter Ralston's workshops and other things. One of his "transend self" eCourses cost 622 dollars.. oh well, not in plan right now I guess :D (it would be so cool to buy it at some point and he has so many resources and he wrote like 6 books or so!)

Bullying
What do the bullies see in me? First I was bullied in the school by some small kids when they saw me brushing my teeth in the school bathroom. Then they were trying to get my stuff when I was sitting on toilet -_-. Now there are some guys in library who either laugh at me or once they picked up book and just put it on the table and walked away, I guess they wanted me to be responsible for it and so on, well I cleaned it up :D

Luckily I am kind of totally immune to any of their tries, I would definitely smash the kids fingers to pieces if he tried to grab the bag one more time.. but thats fine.

Already when I was USA some guy was touching my shoulders and then did some gestures about sex.. I went out of the bus on the next stop which was not even mine and then when he was looking out of the window I showed him a middle finger, thats where I started "fuck you bitch I do not fucking care you little fucking bastard". Oh well.

Dragallur

-Insomnium

On 12/21/2016 at 7:15 PM, Dragallur said:

I joined the no music for one week unofficial challenge!

one week with no music? i'm curious...!=

13 hours ago, Gabriel Antonio said:

one week with no music? i'm curious...!=

It has been a while since I did that. First day was harsh but then it was actually completely fine which kind of surprised me.. now I listen to music only when I am for example brushing my teeth, running or so. I stopped listening to music even in train or when I go to school, when I actually listen to it it is way more relaxed and I can really enjoy it. I was considering to try out days of certain kind of music, like listening to Justin Bieber for the whole day but I did not do that yet.

-Insomnium

@Dragallur I knew that you would greatly benefit from the book of not knowing. Good work!

3 hours ago, Dragallur said:

I was considering to try out days of certain kind of music, like listening to Justin Bieber for the whole day but I did not do that yet.

Thats hilarious :D

115th day:
Enlightenment work

I did not do timed SDS today, it was way better 48+50 minutes.

All right, BONK (book of not knowing) is still on whole new level. Today I read through the part about everything being about self survival. My mind was running like crazy after that, completely obliterating everything that I saw around, yup this is self-survival, this too, of course this also...

The Grand Project
Today after few days I continued with the problems I have in the astronomy text book. I created a next "lesson". Basically the start is about celestial sphere and so on, I used to hate it because I could not remember what is declination, what is azimuth and so on, but now I love it too, I almost forgot the great feeling when you understand something.

Diabolo
I will mention this in the future again probably. I was training for some time. It has interesting effects. First of all I am procrastinating less because some time is filled with diabolo. When I train I also listen to something. So far it was just Leos videos. I watched the first MeO video.

What is the probability I will attain enlightenment?

People seem to throw around all sorts of numbers so I think that no one really knows, Ralston mentions a little hint, he says something like: "Even when you pursue it whole life and not get it, you will have deep level of satisfaction." ... hmm I became a bit sad after that but now I am more ok with the idea. I mean, all shit away, my motivation right now is to get there, that makes sense to me.. but I should not forget that also along the way is higher consciousness and better life, it does not work like you have nothing until you reach enlightenment.. at least that is the way I imagine it and feel it. Leo in the 5-MeO video said, you can take this stuff and be there in 15 minutes or spend decades and decades pursuing it the old way. Here he probably wants to mainly show how powerful the substance is since in video about self-inquiry he says: 3-24 months of hard core pursuit.. at the same time he mentions that he is doing enlightenment work for 3 years and Jed McKenna says: "What teacher is it if you are not enlightened in 2 years or so?"... well I have to say that at the moment I do not need to have it sure in 2 years simply because I am freakin young and so it does not scare me so much as if I would be 75. At the same time I should probably seriously consider that I might never het there no matter how hard I try, I do not even know what the fuck is awaiting me so all is just guessing.

Stuff
I moved bed and other furniture in my room, nice change.

Dragallur

-Insomnium

116th day:
Stuff

I think now that when I consider conspiracy theory it is just better to have some kind of normal very easy reasoning and some google search. As I said somewhere else, the discussions are hopeless.. I have learned quite few times in the past that people who truly (meaning that they do not question both sides and so on) believe some conspiracy are not possible to "convert" or even shatterable on the most obvious issues. I am not quite sure why it is that. You can use science but then you can also you openmidnedness on science so thats not really worth the time. I also noticed that conspiracy theory, even the best video wont basically trigger any emotional reaction.. why should it right? I also find it far more convenient to say:

I do not know what the shape of Earth is. Insted of saying that it is flat.
I do not know what contrails consist of.
I have never seen the Moon landing site but that does not mean anything.
I do not know if elite is controlling us or manipulating us but there are also other explanations which make the same outcome, what we see.

... well this state may pass.

About a week earlier I for example responded to some flat earther on the forum, while I did not get any response back it was not worth, if what you want to do is to show them why what they say does not make sense, ignoring science still, it is better to leave them alone.. there is tremendous amount of debunking done on the internet but noone from conspiracy theories responds back to debunk the debunking.

Lets say that 1 in 1000 conspiracy theories were right, or even in 100.. the probability of picking the right one and the probability of the theory to actually predict something more than just roughly is.. well, I do not seen why I would do that.

People are often skewed by observer bias (you see more of some number if you think about it), positivity or negativity bias and much more, it is hard to grasp this sometimes, and as someone here said, people are great at finding out things that seem to be connected but also forget about correlation is not causality.

I am finally being fine with that more and more, thats been maybe the reason why I have not left it completely behind, I still can learn something though it is not inherently from the conspiracy itself.

To be honest I am writing this more like a message which makes it very egoistical.. I am proud of it nonetheless because I think that the text above has some very good insights that took me some time to collect.

Also I like to create some kind of compromise between things, this happened in the past with rationality and spirituality now maybe with conspiracies.. it is tough to balance between openmindedness and proper ground but following my way of thinking I bet I am doing pretty good job though there were lows.

Other stuff
Well, I watched The Man from Earth.. it was great, again on the list of movies about enlightenment. I also wasted the whole first part of day, the funny thing is how and that I was ok with it (maybe because it was not so wasted): My class did Geva tests today and I did not know that. I came into school found that were are in aula and read BONK for about 3 hours. Then the school ended somehow but also lunch was cancelled but I did not know that so I stayed in sports hall and trained with diabolo. Then after 1.5 or so I went to cafeteria to find out the truth. Sadly it was shortly after the train left so I had to wait almost whole hour before I went home :D.

Also I wrote some stuff about my beliefs in the 3 levels described in BONK and also I wrote a bit about honesty.

Dragallur

-Insomnium

On 1/19/2017 at 7:38 PM, Dragallur said:

I moved bed and other furniture in my room, nice change.

Dragallur

YES!!!

(I meant to write that two days ago, but the forum keeps blocking me. "Wait 80 seconds before posting)

22 hours ago, Dragallur said:

I think now that when I consider conspiracy theory it is just better to have some kind of normal very easy reasoning and some google search. As I said somewhere else, the discussions are hopeless.. I have learned quite few times in the past that people who truly (meaning that they do not question both sides and so on) believe some conspiracy are not possible to "convert" or even shatterable on the most obvious issues. I am not quite sure why it is that. You can use science but then you can also you openmidnedness on science so thats not really worth the time. I also noticed that conspiracy theory, even the best video wont basically trigger any emotional reaction.. why should it right? I also find it far more convenient to say:

I do not know what the shape of Earth is. Insted of saying that it is flat.
I do not know what contrails consist of.
I have never seen the Moon landing site but that does not mean anything.
I do not know if elite is controlling us or manipulating us but there are also other explanations which make the same outcome, what we see.

... well this state may pass.

About a week earlier I for example responded to some flat earther on the forum, while I did not get any response back it was not worth, if what you want to do is to show them why what they say does not make sense, ignoring science still, it is better to leave them alone.. there is tremendous amount of debunking done on the internet but noone from conspiracy theories responds back to debunk the debunking.

Lets say that 1 in 1000 conspiracy theories were right, or even in 100.. the probability of picking the right one and the probability of the theory to actually predict something more than just roughly is.. well, I do not seen why I would do that.

People are often skewed by observer bias (you see more of some number if you think about it), positivity or negativity bias and much more, it is hard to grasp this sometimes, and as someone here said, people are great at finding out things that seem to be connected but also forget about correlation is not causality.

I am finally being fine with that more and more, thats been maybe the reason why I have not left it completely behind, I still can learn something though it is not inherently from the conspiracy itself.

To be honest I am writing this more like a message which makes it very egoistical.. I am proud of it nonetheless because I think that the text above has some very good insights that took me some time to collect.

Also I like to create some kind of compromise between things, this happened in the past with rationality and spirituality now maybe with conspiracies.. it is tough to balance between openmindedness and proper ground but following my way of thinking I bet I am doing pretty good job though there were lows.

I found myself wanting to comment with something like "This is really awesome." But a better expression would be: "This makes me smile all over my face." I don't know why, but yeah... :D I totally agree with that.