Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Farnaby

Is it possible to have a completely quiet mind?

28 posts in this topic

Yes, but requires hardcore training.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Not really. Your mind is a machine. Which machine ever went completely quiet? 

Only a machine that stopped working and collected rust. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

If you are able to let go everything habitually, every thought, feeling and identification while being grounded in the feeling of stillness or inner body your mind will not be a problem anymore. In other words if you live only in the now. But do you know what living only in the now means? It means that your whole identity dissolves because is being born from the past or the future. You need to grow the feeling of stillness to the point that you can make a decision to live only in the now. You don't need years of training or maybe you do i don't know. It can only happen in the now. It's not my goal to sound like a smartass. I just happened to have an experience years ago because i was having a very hard time with my toxic parents. 

Try this as this is what got me there at least for a short time. Just read the power of now and immediately after that the new earth in one week and practice what you read all the time. The whole day, do your best. Each time you let something go by remembering you are the one that observes it should feel like a dopamine hit, a sudden rush of feel good energy. This is a small gap of no mind as Eckhart says. If you do it just one time then you know how to do it. Just continue letting go like there is no tomorrow. Do it all the time. This gap is getting larger. In the end you live in this gap. This joy and peace is always in the backround. The question is did you suffer enough to want to let this go? Maybe suffering is not necessary but it certainly makes it easier. If you have a perfect life why the hell would you want to see the ego for what it is and transcend it? You don't need to and honestly you don't have to. Enjoy the dream while you can but if the dream becomes a nightmare then it's probably time to wake up. 

I haven't tried this again but i plan to shortly. I'm working on my health first as i believe this has also a role to play. If you are fit and feeling healthy is a bit easier to do this. Or at least this is what i believe. 

It's not about the books it's about what the books are pointing to. But it's also about the books because they destroy many illusions. Just by reading them you will get it. It's really so simple. It's simple to be free of most unnecessary suffering and be peaceful. It's simple because i experienced it and i wasn't special in any way, not even a meditator. I did it because i realized that i didn't do anything other than seeing that my "I" was an illusion. Then energy and peace starts flowing. You realize what rest in peace really means. Once you do this then go deeper if you want with whatever practice you prefer. 

Edited by BlackMaze

@Farnaby Temporary? Yes

For all the time everyday functioning? No

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

Nirvalkalpa samadhi is reality. Thoughts are illusion, meditation a tool to realize what is there all the time. Reality. Infinity. 
By default, illusion is  strong. 

Having no thoughts is not an achievement. It’s a realization. You can live 24/7 without thoughts. All day, everyday. Forever.  It’s the one and only realization one needs to realize. When can you realize it? Just now. This second you could. You can, but you can’t. Because you don’t want to, yet. You think you do, but you don’t. 

Edited by Sam Johnson

I think it's possible only when you realized that you are the infinity and you keep the realization all time. If it happens, the thoughts would stop because you d have the deep understanding that those thoughts are nothing, there is no past and future, only present, and even the present is an illusion because contrasted with the infinity it's nothing. I got those states for a while, when the sky is absolutely blue, the lines of the things are so clean, and in the air is the glory. But after the ego appears with his temptation, and the wonder get lost. I think that anyone who experiences the pure present is going to realize that it's much better than the ego mind, and with time we could stablish in that present. The problem for me is that after some time in the simple pure  clean and precious life, I miss the ego, the thinking, like you miss an old friend, a wife, like that. Comfort. But it's madness to choose the ego

3 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Not really. Your mind is a machine. Which machine ever went completely quiet? 

Only a machine that stopped working and collected rust. 

I disagree

2 hours ago, Enlightenment said:

Temporary? Yes

For all the time everyday functioning? No

I disagree

1 hour ago, Sam Johnson said:

You can live 24/7 without thoughts. All day, everyday. Forever.  It’s the one and only realization one needs to realize. When can you realize it? Just now. This second you could. You can, but you can’t. Because you don’t want to, yet. You think you do, but you don’t. 

I agree

For this to happen spiritual awakening is necessary, and not going back to sleep.

10 hours ago, Nahm said:

Having a completely quiet mind is not having a completely quiet mind. 

This.