electroBeam

Last Spiritual Insight I think I Will Wanna Share

41 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Eren Eeager said:

Yeah, I got a sense sometimes here that by talking about all those spiritual insights, that we forget about the most important thing to do to reach those insights and states which is to have a solid a baseline of peace and happiness. 

Another way of putting it is radical acceptance. When you are accepting for everything that happens you have no fear and you are happy. 

I personally love that message man! Thanks for sharing! Wouldn't have resonated with it only a few weeks ago.

Would be interested to know what is meant by the term 'flow state'? Cheers!

11 hours ago, electroBeam said:

Try and get yourself to realize you don't need to get there.

Everything else WONT work. Your attempt to get there is doomed from the onset. The whole point of this path is to get you to go everywhere, burn yourself out to the point that you can't get there anymore, then from that burnt outness, you become open to the possibility that it was never about getting over there, it was about letting go of the thoughts that make you suffer now, and accept and love the happiness that arises from that process.

Meditation is what stops the thoughts telling you, you need to get there.

Yeah, I've had a sleep and think I get it now. Conditional happiness (ie pleasure) is what we chase after (or run away from unhappiness). Unconditional happiness is, like nirvana, already here, we don't need to go anywhere apart from uncovering it from the layers of our psyche which are obscuring it. Including the seeking which is just another cloak over the naked reality ;) 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

Very good, thanks for sharing 

The mindfuck is that only the illusory self has attachment.

Awareness just is aware of everything. Attachment is not something awareness has to be concerned with.

When a sound happens, awareness is aware of the sound. It doesn't matter if awareness "wants" to be aware of the sound. It will automatically be aware of it. So awareness doesn't have free will in this aspect. Is open to anything. Even to the illusory self who seems to be attached to certain things.

Edited by Javfly33

4 hours ago, snowyowl said:

Yeah, I've had a sleep and think I get it now. Conditional happiness (ie pleasure) is what we chase after (or run away from unhappiness). Unconditional happiness is, like nirvana, already here, we don't need to go anywhere apart from uncovering it from the layers of our psyche which are obscuring it. Including the seeking which is just another cloak over the naked reality ;) 

:x

3 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Very good, thanks for sharing 

Awareness just is aware of everything. Attachment is not something awareness has to be concerned with.

When a sound happens, awareness is aware of the sound. It doesn't matter if awareness "wants" to be aware of the sound. It will automatically be aware of it. So awareness doesn't have free will in this aspect. Is open to anything. Even to the illusory self who seems to be attached to certain things.

Yep, you're totally right.

And the mindfuck is, happiness aint located in "mindfuck", "illusory self has attachment", "awareness", "everything", "attachment is not something awareness has to be concerned with", "it doesn't matter", "want", etc.

Insights and realizations are great, keep having them, but I really liked what Eren Eager said, insights and realizations are even greater when you remember to drop them and come back to just being purely happy at the end of the day. Which is really the essence of meditation. And also can be the essence of a really immersive gym session, or immersive psychedelic trip, or immersive walk in the park. So immersive that your insights and realizations just aren't there. 

The ego was never there, so all of your suffering didn't come from the ego, it came from You. Powerful realization, that only the illusory self has attachments, yet it wont save you from practically progressing on the spiritual journey, it will just hold you back.

16 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

The mindfuck is there isn't a real or illusory self. 

It's all just Mind Playing f*** f*** games. ?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

On 20/12/2020 at 11:54 PM, Blackhawk said:

@electroBeam This is what happened:

You are happy, there are reasons for your happiness. Which you apparently fail to see at this point.

And then you built a whole mental construction around the theme happiness. Your entire post is filtered through the lenses of your happiness, you built a story (narrative) around it. I think it's called self bias. It's not the Truth.

In short: you're drunk on your own success.

I'm getting tired of these cases.

This is actually main main objective right now, to find answer to happiness no matter what state you are at, there are so many ways to make yourself happy, but they are just ways, without ways , or reason for ways you are nothing, I am looking for something beyond it, something that is timeless and is not based on altering your experience. 

11 hours ago, Claymoree said:

This is actually main main objective right now, to find answer to happiness no matter what state you are at, there are so many ways to make yourself happy, but they are just ways, without ways , or reason for ways you are nothing, I am looking for something beyond it, something that is timeless and is not based on altering your experience. 

Yep :x

You’ve basically just said exactly what teachers like Rupert & Francis say, in a different way. 

Awesome ??

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Tbh I agree with you, not from doing much "spiritual work" or learning but mostly from what I've experienced so far.

Who knows, I could maybe change my mind later, but I agree with this "truth" right now. 

The ultimate "truth" or enlightenment people are chasing here...is ultimately for happiness. Even if people are saying it's just for knowledge or understanding...I still think it's to receive the FEELING that uncovering such truths or enlightenment gives. Which is positive = some form of happiness (even if there are negative feelings through the journey). Ultimately, the FEELING of happiness is being chased. 

But the chasing doesn't need to happen if the feeling already exists. (There's nothing "wrong" with chasing but also realising that you'll probably always be chasing). 

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

The conditioned thoughts are what seem to alter everything.

And identification as my thoughts create the dream story.

They place an overlay over top of THIS and judge everything from this self-centered conditioned experience.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Clinging to attachment is what causes unhappiness. Without clinging, attachment actually becomes something like conjunction, a being together without holding on. There can be happiness in that, and you will see that even enlightened people have relationships, which they are ready to let go at any time. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

On 22/12/2020 at 10:12 PM, Moon said:

Tbh I agree with you, not from doing much "spiritual work" or learning but mostly from what I've experienced so far.

Who knows, I could maybe change my mind later, but I agree with this "truth" right now. 

The ultimate "truth" or enlightenment people are chasing here...is ultimately for happiness. Even if people are saying it's just for knowledge or understanding...I still think it's to receive the FEELING that uncovering such truths or enlightenment gives. Which is positive = some form of happiness (even if there are negative feelings through the journey). Ultimately, the FEELING of happiness is being chased. 

But the chasing doesn't need to happen if the feeling already exists. (There's nothing "wrong" with chasing but also realising that you'll probably always be chasing). 

!!!!

Although I would add, the awakenings & realisations & then stabilising there do need to be had to “arrive” in absolute peace & happiness, so to a degree everyone is a seeker at some stage ??‍♂️

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi