Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Striving for more

Eating nutella toast every day

31 posts in this topic

Throw your craving away

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

I ate nutella toast almost every day as a teen. it pretty much tastes like tooth decay to me now. But sometimes I think I might like to try just a taste for old time's sake.

@egoeimai SHOCKING 

Thank you that puts me off 

Palm oil also is a major cause of deforestation I think

It's funny how we put up the picture of a person's lungs or a damaged baby for cigarettes, but the marketing is still all sunshine and rainbows for sugary products

Edited by Striving for more

I just ate a junk food desert because my mother made it and left it out. 

She means well and I don't tell her but it really does annoy me how much she just offers bad food and I can never refuse when it's there in my face. 

I wish I had the ability to resist that but I can't. I can resist buying it but when family shoves it in your face I just don't have the strength or awareness to refuse in the moment. 

& I have watched leo's awareness alone is curative video but my ape brain just reacts instantaneously and it's too late, this happened today, so this concept hasn't worked for me yet. 

2 hours ago, Striving for more said:

& I have watched leo's awareness alone is curative video but my ape brain just reacts instantaneously and it's too late, this happened today, so this concept hasn't worked for me yet. 

Just because you have watched the video, doesn't mean the job's done, you're already healed.

Maybe watching the video sparked something in you which leads to changes and healing in the future. Maybe it needs months or years to really apply this concept or these ideas, like learning to play and instrument or something like that. 

Try to be patient if you can, you're trying to change decades worth of conditioning here.

4 hours ago, egoeimai said:

IMG_20201221_204431.jpg

yikes awesome pic thanks

Reduce your nutella toast to a little ritual. How about from now on you only eat nutella once every sunday morning. That way you get your fix and it's something to look forward to. Only eat it in the morning on that day as a treat and ONLY then.

hrhrhtewgfegege

hydrogenated oils are #1 killer in the food industry (heart diseases)

Dude perfection is an illusion. If you keep trying to be perfect you are always going to mess up and blame yourself for it and keep repeating that cycle. Ask yourself why you keep eating the Nutella. There's probably an underlying issue. Work on that. The Nutella is not the issue for your cravings. Trust me, I know what you feel like. I have been through it too many times and I know that you want to be perfect and you don't want to allow yourself any junk food. It's okay to have chocolate from time to time. If you fix your mind set then you won't crave for it as often. Work on fixing your attitude towards food, that's the key. This isn't a quick fix, it takes time and a willingness to change your perspective. You need to be open minded and trust that there is some truth to what I am saying. Wish you all the best and have a merry Christmas!

On 21/12/2020 at 7:47 PM, egoeimai said:

IMG_20201221_204431.jpg

I saw this years ago but damn......

good thing there are lots of cocoa spreads with no palm oil, no dairy, little sugar and lots of hazelnuts. They cost 4 times as much but are worthy the sin :)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus