Mindfang413

Nothing but existent??

27 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, 7thLetter said:

@Leo Gura This whole entire thread just changed my understanding.

If life is a dream or an illusion, does physical reality exist or not? Is it just a projection of the ego mind or a projection of God's mind since this is "God's Dream"? Physical reality is and exists within' consciousness after all, right?

When you say life is what Nothing looks like and feels like, then that implies physical reality exists?

Not as a static objective thing.

Physical reality exists in the same way that your dream realities exist. They exist when you are dreaming them.

It's similar to a movie. In a movie all that exist is what's visible in the current frame. There's no world behind the frame.

I just recently experienced ego death, my physical reality shattered, no form no self, and my understanding was that this is what Nothing means. So then both physical ego self and no-self exist as Nothing? Then is "Nothing" just another label basically?

Nothing applies to formless states of consciousness equally well as to formed states of consciousness.

It's all Nothing, whether it has form or not.

13 hours ago, Forestluv said:

There is no apple hovering in front of me. Yet for there to be the non-existence of apple in front of me, there exists the emptiness of that apple. Perhaps I’m not using terms precisely or I’m off base. 

I know what you're saying. Yes.

What exists in that case is emptiness plus the idea of a non-existent apple.

The key is to realize that non-existence is an idea, not an actual thing. Non-existence is imaginary. Consciousness is dreaming up non-existence!

See, if God is the creator of everything, then God must also be the creator of non-existence. And so it is! If God wants non-existence he first has to dream it up. Don't just assume that non-existence exists by default. It doesn't! The default is Oneness, not twoness. And non-existence is twoness, since it's in duality with existence.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

15 hours ago, Forestluv said:

There is no apple hovering in front of me. Yet for there to be the non-existence of apple in front of me, there exists the emptiness of that apple.

What if you never heard or knew about:

Apple, non-existence, emptiness, existence.....

Or what they mean, like just for the sake of getting what I'm asking is— imagine you had no concept whatsoever or any meaning related to those terms..

Would you still be asking the same question?

15 hours ago, Forestluv said:

Perhaps I’m not using terms precisely or I’m off base. 

Why you want "base", why there's a base or why is it necessary, what does off base represent? And what being at a base represent?

Edited by ajai

I think people should not call consciousness nothing. By being existence itself, that inherently gives it a single quality at the very least: existence or thingness (BEING, PRESENCE). I understand what we mean by calling it nothing because it is devoid of all other qualities on its own but i still dont agree with this terminology. Nothing is nothing as in nonexistence as in there would be no consciousness, no anything. People know what conscious awareness means, theres no need to give a lable to it, espessially a confusing one. Conventionally speaking something and existence mean the same thing as do nothing and nonexistence. To recontextualize this word to another definition isnt the way to go about this because it is just another word for the same thing (nonexistence) which is not existence, just use formlessness if u need to use a word to describe the difference between formed objects or things versus consciousness. You cant make nothing and nonexistence different things when they are literally talking about the same "thing" or "not thing" which means we should not use "nothing" to describe this "something"(consciousness). People will still get it because we all know what consciousness is inherently. To answer the question why something exists rather than nothing is because nonexistence literally does not exist which means existence has to exist. My whole reason for starting this thread was because i dont think we should use that term as it is not a correct term for this and can cause confusion because of how its evolved as a word in society. I dont mean to sound condescending or anything like that, this is just my opinion.

10 hours ago, Mindfang413 said:

I think people should not call consciousness nothing

Except Nothing is exactly what it is.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Everything is existent including "Non Existence", so to speak, as long as there's cognition.

@Mindfang413 it's obviously not something and not a nothing. You gotta get past the language barrier and grasp it directly. Trying to name it.. you lose the whole point of it being nameless and undefined. An open mystery. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho