levani

question for psychonauts

42 posts in this topic

I have never tried psychedelics. I have overdosed immensely on MDMA one time in Fabric in London (nightclub). but I know some of you do and some of you don't consider it a psychedelic, it's kind of like a psychedelic.

My question to you is - do your thoughts and feelings and inner imaginations reflect in the real world or wherever you are during your higher state of consciousness whilst you're on psychedelics ?

what is my long-term fears, even though I know they are not real in my every day to day "real" life are demons and exorcism (the exorcism of emily rose) kind if shit, so the questions are would that reflect in real life whilst I'm on psychedelics if I have the thought come up in my head and question 2 is if the answer is yes how do I handle it whilst being on the psychedelic trip - is there something like an adrenaline shot to get out of it or ?

9 minutes ago, levani said:

do your thoughts and feelings and inner imaginations reflect in the real world or wherever you are during your higher state of consciousness whilst you're on psychedelics ?

no/yes mostly no

10 minutes ago, levani said:

would that reflect in real life whilst I'm on psychedelics if I have the thought come up

no

@Arcangelo so it is my ego trying to hold me back then.

what are some of the negatives of doing psychedelics. I don't mean overdosing. I mean if you have the dose perfect what could go wrong possibly ?

2 hours ago, levani said:

what is my long-term fears, even though I know they are not real in my every day to day "real" life are demons and exorcism (the exorcism of emily rose) kind if shit, so the questions are would that reflect in real life whilst I'm on psychedelics if I have the thought come up in my head and question 2 is if the answer is yes how do I handle it whilst being on the psychedelic trip - is there something like an adrenaline shot to get out of it or ?

The biggest fear you'll need to go through is feeling love on a psychedelic. A love so powerful that for a lot of new people into spiritual work, its too much. They can't handle it. And from not being able to handle it, they resist. That resistance turns ugly, and manifests as hallucinations. That resistance could manifest into exorcism. But the trick is, only if you let it. If you treat love as your friend, rather than something to resist, all those hallucinations will go away, because those hallucinations are built on resistance.

@electroBeam this is too broad, correct me if I am wrong but now I need to research what love is and what resistance is and how to handle/avoid resistance ?

if yes then which writers/books/videos do you recommend ?

in my current state of mind and consciousness the exorcism by a demon thingy/boogieman in the dark is the scariest thing that I can go through right now I think but maybe it's my mind limiting me. I just wanna be ready you know ?

This isn't mental masturbation or at least don't think it is

Edited by levani

13 minutes ago, levani said:

This isn't mental masturbation or at least don't think it is

I don't think this is mental masturbation, I'm really looking forward to you having your psychedelic experience, given the right orientation you'll have one of the most powerful and transforming experiences of your life.

13 minutes ago, levani said:

if yes then which writers/books/videos do you recommend ?

For love, a bit airy fairy, but I feel a calling to suggest:

1. fully letting go of all thoughts and relaxing. Can use mindfulness meditation or any other sort of meditation to do such a thing. I haven't tried this one, but here is an example.

2. Put on some beautiful music. Can pick one you like. For example, I havent listened to this one, but this is an example.

3. once you are fully relaxed, calm, casually read Rumi's poems here. Try not to figure them out, or think about them, just allow your empty mind to take it in. Try and feel those poems, feel Rumi's passion as he wrote it down, visualize him crying as he writes it, feel his desire to change your heart.

EDIT: if the poems are too abstract for you. Watch inspiration videos like this one. Find others like this one. Feel the love that enters your heart from these videos. Deepen the feeling more and more.

Keep feeling the love deeper and deeper. During your trip, when fear arises, remember the deep love you felt from this practice and visualise yourself dissolving into it. Your fear will dissolve into love, and so will your fear of exorcism. Love is the answer to fear.

Edited by electroBeam

@electroBeam This is really good shit bro thank you I will do it after my meditation tomorrow in the morning. you're a real one. I will keep you updated maybe here or in the private message.

1. Please watch Leo's How does Psychedelics work? video.

2. Get your metaphysics and epistemology straight. Keep in mind of the mind body problem at all time and its solution which is that there is only one universal perception ( Non duality with capital N). Please watch Self deception 1-3 and what is perception? videos.

3. Stop thinking as human(the grand illusion and falsehood) during your trip instead think as your true self which is pure consciousness.

In fact since your life by itself is one Psychedelic trip, think as above even during your "ordinary" existence.

I wouldn’t trip around other people with this planted / especially people I didnt know well. 

I’ve had trips in which stuff came up and I was able to hold my cool and it didnt maifrst in real life. A couple times it did and I’m glad I wasnt around anyone. 

I would also start with lie doses and give it a test run. Dosage, setting and mindset are all important 

2 hours ago, levani said:

My question to you is - do your thoughts and feelings and inner imaginations reflect in the real world or wherever you are during your higher state of consciousness whilst you're on psychedelics ?

what is my long-term fears, even though I know they are not real in my every day to day "real" life are demons and exorcism (the exorcism of emily rose) kind if shit, so the questions are would that reflect in real life whilst I'm on psychedelics if I have the thought come up in my head and question 2 is if the answer is yes how do I handle it whilst being on the psychedelic trip - is there

1 hour ago, electroBeam said:

is there something like an adrenaline shot to get out of it or ?

something like an adrenaline shot to get out of it or ?

I agree with @Forestluv about being around other people although if you could have a trip sitter that you have confidence in or trip with a veteran tripper who is likeminded. On your first trip that would be better, IMO

Set and setting!  Don’t resist it when it’s coming on. Be lighthearted!

With mushrooms, there’s a possibility of finding answers to your fears. More so than lsd. I’m a believer in taking a stout dose that overwhelms you so you don’t resist and then get caught in between resulting in a bad trip. Go fairly light the first time though with lsd. 

re: is there something like an adrenaline shot to get out of it or ?

Dont resist. If you have a history of having much anxiety it might not hurt to have a benzodiazepine on hand just in case.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Forestluv Bro believe me will be starting from microdose and increasing by very little till normal dose, Literally don't Care if it will take me 20 trips to get there

@Zigzag Idiot

4 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

have confidence in or trip with a veteran tripper who is likeminded. On your first trip that would be better, IMO

2 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

Set and setting!  Don’t resist it when it’s coming on. Be lighthearted!

top advise but how ? just be openminded and welcome it no matter what ? like - allow it ?

3 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

I’m a believer in taking a stout dose

what's a stout dose ?

4 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

Dont resist. If you have a history of having much anxiety it might not hurt to have a benzodiazepine on hand just in case.

thank you bro

9 minutes ago, levani said:

top advise but how ? just be openminded and welcome it no matter what ? like - allow it ?

Yeah, I guess. That’s a tough one because we’re all different. For me, too much planning seems to make it sour so I have everything in place then be spontaneous when I feel good about it and circumstances allow it.

12 minutes ago, levani said:

what's a stout dose ?

For me 500ug lsd or 5 dried gram of cubencis.We’re all different though so you’ll have to figure that out. It’s smart to play it safe and start with a lower dose the first time.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

3 hours ago, levani said:

I have never tried psychedelics.

Which means you know nothing about them.

I have overdosed immensely on MDMA one time in Fabric in London (nightclub).

Chances are it wasn't even real MDMA.

but I know some of you do and some of you don't consider it a psychedelic, it's kind of like a psychedelic.

The problem isn't event he substance, but how you used it. A nightclub is not gonna fly for the work we do here.

They can, since reality is your dream.

what is my long-term fears, even though I know they are not real in my every day to day "real" life are demons and exorcism (the exorcism of emily rose) kind if shit, so the questions are would that reflect in real life whilst I'm on psychedelics if I have the thought come up in my head

It could if you trip on a high enough dose.

and question 2 is if the answer is yes how do I handle it whilst being on the psychedelic trip

You handle it by facing your fears and becoming conscious that you are dreaming up reality, good or bad.

What you really fear is your own imagination/mind.

is there something like an adrenaline shot to get out of it or ?

Just face your fears. That's the whole point of this work.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I don't think it is good to have a way out of the trip (kinda defeats the point). But you can use a benzo to kill the trip.

@Leo Gura So next time I go to sleep, I just turn the lights off and FEEL the fear ?

and next time i turn the light off downstairs - i don't flip the switch and walk up, but rather i stay in the dark for a bit and feel into the fear ?

same on psychedelics ?

@Zigzag Idiot solid bro thank you, i'll still start mega mega slow when i feel at least a little bit ready

The only solid way to get this question answered for yourself so that you actually grasp what you're asking and what it really means is by tripping.

Start with mushrooms, 1,5 grs dry, first time, and increasing.mushrooms  could help you to improve about face fears, trauma, etc in a way that you can't imagine. Your life could improve a lot in not a long time, it's real