Husseinisdoingfine

Cyberpunk 2077 was taken off shelves

136 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, DocWatts said:

Majora's Mask was a moving work of art. The game also touched on racism in a subtle way, from the different ways that the people in Clock Town treated Link depending on what race he had transformed into using one of his Masks... And on top of that you learn that the Masks you equip were from individuals who had died and were being grieved over.

And all of this is a game that was made in around 18 months with re-used assets from Ocarina of Time; great example of working within limitations to make something creative and memorable.

Wow, I never thought about the racism aspect — makes a lot of sense! I love dark games :x

That is incredible. Reminds me of how the Fallout New Vegas team also had only 18 months to develop what turned out to be arguably the best Fallout game ever made. 

writing things and plucking strings | https://www.brettwintersmusic.com/journal

Patapon is one of the most genius games ever made.

People don't understand how genius it is. Too bad it was only ever released on PSP. They should port it to PC and Switch.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

23 hours ago, Adam M said:

Also the new God of War for PS4 was mind-blowing. One of the best gaming experiences I've had in my life.

I'll buy a PS5 just to play the next God of War when it comes out.

I've purchased a PS5 on launch date. Currently playing God of War 60 fps on hard mode and I've got 3 hours or so left until I beat the game. My mind is blown. This is one of the best gaming experiences of my life. Just finished the final valkyrie challenge - Sigrun - on hard mode and it was fantastic. Forced me to use all the skills and techniques I've learned.

I don't play games as often as I used to but here are my favorite games in no particular order:

Witcher 3

Xenoblade Chronicles 1 and 2 - (The first game is one of my favourite games of all time)

Disco Elysium

Planescape Torment

Torment: Tides of Numenera

Pikmin 3

Uncharted series

Bravely Default series on 3DS

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

PoE series and Divinity 2

God of War PS4 

Chrono Trigger

The World Ends With You

Castlevania: The Order of Ecclesia

God of War 3

Fallout New Vegas

Zelda Breath of the Wild

Donkey Kong: Country Returns

Doom 2016

Mario Galaxy 2

---

These are some of the best games I've experienced in my life.

Edited by ardacigin

@ardacigin I see you have good taste 😊

My Imagination is a Monastery and I am its Monk- John Keats

Join me and SirVladimir for a collection of short stories, guided visualizations, and other forms of lucid/immersive daydreaming. MindVenture Facebook group  (this is not a meetup, merely a mutual interest in lucid daydreaming) 

Guess if we're throwing out lists of favorite games:
- Dark Souls series
- Planescape Torment
- Undertale
- Knights of the Old Republic 2
- Subnautica
- Morrowind
- Hollow Knight
- Fallout New Vegas
- The Witcher 3
- Majora's Mask

Just starting Disco Elysium, and I'm quite impressed with it so far, and kind of surprised it wasn't on my radar until now because its story telling approach and narrative/gameplay systems are right up my alley.

Edited by DocWatts

The problem is one of opposition between subjective and objective points of view. 

So either the objective conception of the world is incomplete, or the subjective involves illusions that should be rejected.  - Thomas Nagel

@Leo Gura Go on the steam online store and download Undertale, best gaming experience of your life.

''To be happy we must not be too concerned with others''.

Albert Camus

12 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

Just starting Disco Elysium, and I'm quite impressed with it so far, and kind of surprised it wasn't on my radar until now because its story telling approach and narrative/gameplay systems are right up my alley.

You'll love Disco Elysium if you like Planescape Torment. It is extremely unique.

Subnautica is excellent

10 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

@Leo Gura Go on the steam online store and download Undertale, best gaming experience of your life.

I've played Undertale. It was an all right game. A lot of people love it but I wasn't too impressed with it.

This is the new Cyberpunk:

5 hours ago, Raphael said:

Wow, insane level of detail and really high quality animation, although these are probably pre-rendered instead of being an actual gameplay footage.

Edited by Delis

2 hours ago, Delis said:

Wow, insane level of detail and really high quality animation, although these are probably pre-rendered instead of being an actual gameplay footage.

Not sure because we can clearly see that they are some bugs with the hairs.

Edited by Raphael

2 hours ago, Delis said:

More likely that it's in engine, but done in a really controlled environment to make the gameplay and visuals look as impressive as possible, before the devs have to dial back certain aspects to make the game actually run at a decent framerate. Might be closer to the finished level of quality than you might think. Check out this Unreal Engine 5 tech demo for evidence of how good it's possible to make games look on modern hardware

The problem is one of opposition between subjective and objective points of view. 

So either the objective conception of the world is incomplete, or the subjective involves illusions that should be rejected.  - Thomas Nagel

3 hours ago, Delis said:

And also the technical exploits that we saw on Red Dead Redemption 2 and Death Strading makes this entirely possible.

I don't to much time to play video games these days. But few YT creators that I watch. Jacob Geller is one I enjoy the most. https://www.youtube.com/c/JacobGeller/videos (on range of different vids)

One of the video he did was on a game called manifold garden. Which I'm very curiosities on how the medium can be used.

On 12/20/2020 at 8:41 PM, Leo Gura said:

And like an abused girl, gamers will eagerly come back for more abuse in 8 years. And so will the absued developers

@Leo Gura Do you have any insight on how this phenomena works in abstract? I am trying to understand it deeper and I see these cycles really everywhere. It's really a profound phenomena. Why these people (and we, when we do that) comeback to get the next dosage of pain? What makes it so addictive to us? I have a feeling that the answer to this profound question can be a pillar to great sustainable solutions to this problem

"In time you will learn that intuition is a higher form of knowledge and your feelings are in fact your sharpest tool."

On 12/21/2020 at 2:20 PM, Florian said:

I feel like I'm a big fucking devil for trying to make Leo play video games.

O my.

On 1/22/2021 at 6:21 AM, Hello from Russia said:

@Leo Gura Do you have any insight on how this phenomena works in abstract? I am trying to understand it deeper and I see these cycles really everywhere. It's really a profound phenomena. Why these people (and we, when we do that) comeback to get the next dosage of pain? What makes it so addictive to us? I have a feeling that the answer to this profound question can be a pillar to great sustainable solutions to this problem

It's not so complicated. It happens from lack of options and resistance to change. It's a lack of taking responsibility and failure to set boundaries.

Gamers, like women, are unwilling to walk away.

If you as a gamer set a boundary like: If you (the dev) release a half-finished buggy game, I will never buy from you again. The developers would very quickly change their behavior. But since most gamers are fanboys who love to suck the developer's balls, the developers exploit this.

People with high self-esteem don't let themselves get disrespected or exploited. They are willing to walk away. They are nonneedy. Gamers and women tend to be needy. Needy people never get a good deal because they are desperate for crumbs and the other side smells this desperation.

Why was anyone buying CDPR's Cyberpunk Keanu hype? It was obviously marketing hype. If you have a great game, you don't need Keneau to sell it to a bunch of fanboys. This was a classic fanboy grift. Why is it that I was not out there buying Cyberpunk on day one? Because it was obviously over-hyped and needed thorough review.