Husseinisdoingfine

Cyberpunk 2077 was taken off shelves

136 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Camerong said:

@Leo Gura since you are an elder scrolls what do you make of whats become of Bethesda? 

It's gotten so dumbed down and mainstream that the thing which made Elderscrolls great: Mirrowind, will never be repeated again. It's all downhill from here. Although I am looking forward to the next Elderscrolls. But I'm pretty sure they will dumb it down even more than Skyrim. Bethesda has sold its soul to the devil long ago. They don't understand what made Morrowind so special.

1 hour ago, hoodrow trillson said:

I bet you Leo would like Zelda: Breath Of The Wild 

I don't like Zelda games. Too many puzzles, not enough action.

I want a Zelda game with zero puzzles. But hell will sooner freeze over.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't like Zelda games. Too many puzzles, not enough action.

I want a Zelda game with zero puzzles.

.... What zelda games did you play? Puzzles are fun. 6 year old me could solve zelda puzzles, so if you're finding them hard ;)

Orcarina of Time and Majoras Mask are goated.

Majoras Mask being more tricky and interesting. You replay the same 3 days over and over again untill you stop the moon from killing everyone, and each of the 5 main places are sequentially ordered as the five stages of grief. 

---

The hardest puzzle game I've played recently has been resident evil 7, randomly enough (DLC level) 

Edited by lmfao

"Piercing through the whitewash will turn into the truth someday
I want to keep believing in it stubbornly; It’s just my faith. The absolute truth."

10 minutes ago, neutralempty said:

cyber punk is every orange stagers wet dream.

I love the meta-irony of CDPR  going full corpo. The future is here, and it's full of false advertizing and bugs :D

The Cyberpunk launch is performance art.

What better way to teach gamers about the evils of capitalism then fucking them over with capitalism? So deliciously meta.

Well after 5 or 6 hours playing Cyberpunk on PC I have to say that it definitely feels a bit sloppy.  

That being said I do feel that there is a really solid game underneath.  The graphics are absolutely stunning, truly next generation.  Obviously, graphics only enhance the mechanics underneath, so they're not everything.

The game actually seems to have quite a bit of depth in terms of its character progression, there's a lot of different ways you can take your character.  There's a ton of detail on little stuff all the individual items.  I feel a lot of artistry, passion, and talent went into the game.  

I think after the two big patches coming in Feb and Jan 2021, it will blossom into the game it was supposed to be.  There were a lot of warnings and red flags in terms of the problems development was going through, so if you had really high expectations that is your fault.  

EDIT:  And not enough puzzles in Zelda games!?!?!?!?!?  That's my favorite part about those games.  

Edited by Heart of Space

9 minutes ago, Heart of Space said:

The game actually seems to have quite a bit of depth in terms of its character progression

Sorry, but CDPR's skills progression sucks. It's all just minor quantitative stat boosts. Lazy and uninteresting.

9 minutes ago, Heart of Space said:

EDIT:  And not enough puzzles in Zelda games!?!?!?!?!?  That's my favorite part about those games.  

Zelda minus puzzles = Dark Souls

I want an open world Dark Souls.

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Sorry, but CDPR's skills progression sucks. It's all just minor quantitative stat boosts. Lazy and uninteresting.

Zelda minus puzzles = Dark Souls

I want an open world Dark Souls.

I didn't look too much in detail, so I don't have a full opinion yet on the progression system.  

Open world Dark Souls would be extremely appealing in terms of a game concept.  Surely, a game like that is on it's way.  

I felt breath of the wild was an excellent game, adding Souls like depth and enemy variety to the combat might be the GOAT video game.  I still enjoy the puzzles a lot though.  I'm a big fan of the climbing and physics based puzzles of BotW.  

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

And like an abused girl, gamers will eagerly come back for more abuse in 8 years. And so will the absued developers. They too will come back for more crunch. And so the industry churns on.

Lol! This is so true

Lol, this is pretty intimidating, especially coming from a guy named "Smasher."  

Resized_20201220_174851.jpeg

Edited by Heart of Space

@Leo Gura Hi Leo, just joined - do you still have time to play video games? I’m a keen gamer and just getting into this awakening path. As a result, I’m limiting my gaming somewhat - but am curious as to whether your awakening process has meant you’ve eliminated the activity entirely or do you still make time to play now & again?

27 minutes ago, Mips said:

@Leo Gura Hi Leo, just joined - do you still have time to play video games? I’m a keen gamer and just getting into this awakening path. As a result, I’m limiting my gaming somewhat - but am curious as to whether your awakening process has meant you’ve eliminated the activity entirely or do you still make time to play now & again?

I don't play nearly as much as in my early 20's. But I will make time to play once in a while if something great comes out.

I have very high standards so rarely does something come out that I consider worth playing these days.

But if a new Souls game comes out, I will beat it like a rented mule.

You should cut back your gaming though if you're serious about awakening work. Only play the best stuff. Don't play average shit. Invest that time in awakening.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said: You should cut back your gaming though if you're serious about awakening work. Only play the best stuff. Don't play average shit. Invest that time in awakening.

Cheers, that’s my plan. For me, only a couple of must haves come out a year so that works out perfectly. 

34 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't play nearly as much as in my early 20's. But I will make time to play once in a while if something great comes out.

I have very high standards so rarely does something come out that I consider worth playing these days.

You should cut back your gaming though if you're serious about awakening work. Only play the best stuff. Don't play average shit. Invest that time in awakening.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is worth the playing time. 

It's an amazing game.

7 minutes ago, Pudgey said:

Red Dead Redemption 2 is worth the playing time. 

It's an amazing game.

Maybe it's a good game, but I don't like cowboy themed games. Too boring. Same with GTA. Nothing new.

@Leo Gura Oh so you actually still play video games sometimes.

Tell me if you ever play a multiplayer game. I want to play a game with Leo Gura hahaha.

And if you decide to throw away your life, create a League of Legends account. I'm decent at the game and I would be willing to teach you the ways lul.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

FromSoft is my favorite game studio and one of primary inspirations for pursuing game development, so I couldn't help but grin at this. Sekiro might also be up your alley if you're in to the Souls series, and the Tokugawa era Japan setting was a nice change of pace for the studio. I might also recommend the Book of the New Sun series if the setting and mood of Dark Souls appeals to you, and if you're not put off by dense literary works.

Edited by DocWatts

"The mind is inherently embodied.
Thought is mostly unconscious.
Abstract concepts are largely metaphorical." - George Lakoff

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Meh... Witcher 3 is way overrated.

CDPR was way overrated, and now reality hits. They bit off more than they could chew with this game.

Gamers are so gullible and easy to exploit. Just give a game a Bladerunner theme and Keanu Reeves, and you sell 8 million units overnight regardless of substance.

And like an abused girl, gamers will eagerly come back for more abuse in 8 years. And so will the absued developers. They too will come back for more crunch. And so the industry churns on.

loooool 

pretty accurate characterization of what's going on. thing is this is kinda an old unspoken agreement between gamers/devs that these big role playing games are going to launch broken as hell and then over time will be patched and completed. this agreement will go so far as to basically include one of the versions being totally unplayable but it's sold anyway and gamers are warned not to buy it. this is how it was with those bethesda fallout games and oblivion/skyrim. the playstation version was unplayable and it was basically your own fault if you decided to buy it. thing is though this was almost ten years ago and I think this won't fly today. especially for a game that was hyped up so much that it entered mainstream discussion and probably was the biggest game to drop since GTA V. times have changed. if you sell something it has to work. the cyberpunk situation is actually getting mainstream news coverage.  

10 minutes ago, Florian said:

And if you decide to throw away your life, create a League of Legends account. I'm decent at the game and I would be willing to teach you the ways lul.

I feel like I'm a big fucking devil for trying to make Leo play video games.

I finished it. it's a decent game. very buggy but i enjoyed the story and the city for the most part was quite immersive. i put 40 hours into it. now i can put the control down and not play another game for 5 years.