Husseinisdoingfine

Cyberpunk 2077 was taken off shelves

136 posts in this topic

This is just in, cyberpunk 2077 was taken off sales by Sony corporation, Xbox did something similar whilst not explicitly stopping sales of the game they are offering refunds for those who want it.

I think cyberpunk 2077 perfectly illustrates how triple A game developers sacrifice creative story telling in favor of flashy games with the best graphics as well as Keanu Reeves celebrity cameos.

Cyberpunk 2077 looked super cool from its trailers, but from seeing game play it is easy to tell that aside from flashy graphics there really was no heart and soul to be found. 

I know this is a rather old (2015) example, but games such as Undertale perfectly highlight how games should be made, the right way! Undertale was not made in some sort of triple A studio, Undertale even is designed by 8bit graphics. Yet, it created an even more memorable and enjoyable experience, with a story that impacted the player on a deeper and emotional level, I know it did for me.

Games such as Cyberpunk 2077, as well as any other game involving loot boxed, are everything wrong with video games.

Games such as Undertale are everything right about video games.

''To be happy we must not be too concerned with others''.

Albert Camus

14 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

This is just in, cyberpunk 2077 was taken off sales by Sony corporation, Xbox did something similar whilst not explicitly stopping sales of the game they are offering refunds for those who want it.

I think cyberpunk 2077 perfectly illustrates how triple A game developers sacrifice creative story telling in favor of flashy games with the best graphics as well as Keanu Reeves celebrity cameos.

Cyberpunk 2077 looked super cool from its trailers, but from seeing game play it is easy to tell that aside from flashy graphics there really was no heart and soul to be found. 

I know this is a rather old (2015) example, but games such as Undertale perfectly highlight how games should be made, the right way! Undertale was not made in some sort of triple A studio, Undertale even is designed by 8bit graphics. Yet, it created an even more memorable and enjoyable experience, with a story that impacted the player on a deeper and emotional level, I know it did for me.

Games such as Cyberpunk 2077, as well as any other game involving loot boxed, are everything wrong with video games.

Games such as Undertale are everything right about video games.

I'll shout Undertale's praises as an important work of art from the rooftops. 

The problem is one of opposition between subjective and objective points of view. 

So either the objective conception of the world is incomplete, or the subjective involves illusions that should be rejected.  - Thomas Nagel

As to the larger point though, it's also completely possible for something with a larger budget and bigger scope to maintain it's artistic integrity.

Hellblade : Senua's Sacrifice is one of the first and best examples that I like to use to demonstrate this point. The game has the polish and resources of a AAA title, while at the same time being a compelling work of art that deals with an important and difficult subject matter in a thoughtful way.

The problem is one of opposition between subjective and objective points of view. 

So either the objective conception of the world is incomplete, or the subjective involves illusions that should be rejected.  - Thomas Nagel

16 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

I'll shout Undertale's praises as an important work of art from the rooftops. 

Same here, 11/10 game of the year

''To be happy we must not be too concerned with others''.

Albert Camus

I have not played the game myself but the consensus says the story and storytelling of the game is actually incredible--it was the poor optimization and coding of the game from it being rushed, causing a crazy amount of bugs and system crashes that has managed to get the game revoked by Sony.  It's the reverse of what the OP said.

I'm sad 

INTP loner..... Live a Roman.  Die a Roman...... Nothing else but to enjoy  the rest of my dream. Love it. (I'm more Roman than you'll ever be ) only guys with zero ego and zero passive aggressive can talk to me, rest need not bother 

Preety preety

It’s basically only playable on pc and stadia. Huge money grab scam by them only sending out review copies of the pc version, getting decent reviews for it and then releasing the console versions which were completely unplayable. 

Kind of crazy how they wiped out a good ten years worth of goodwill with the release of this game, I think people would have been able to a somewhat disappointing game a lot if CDPR didn't succumb to some of the same business practices that people rightly criticize for companies like EA and Activision. 

Was anyone else aware that one of their previous games was considered such a cultural landmark that it was given as a gift from the Polish Prime Minister to President Obama to commemorate his visit?

Meh... Witcher 3 is way overrated.

CDPR was way overrated, and now reality hits. They bit off more than they could chew with this game.

Gamers are so gullible and easy to exploit. Just give a game a Bladerunner theme and Keanu Reeves, and you sell 8 million units overnight regardless of substance.

And like an abused girl, gamers will eagerly come back for more abuse in 8 years. And so will the absued developers. They too will come back for more crunch. And so the industry churns on.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

@Leo Gura You know calling something Overrated without giving any substantive critique gives off vibes of someone trying to be Edgy or Contrarian.

I know you also worked in the games industry Leo, are there any games in particular that you happen to hold in high esteem? Maybe something that would be a better direction for the Industry, in your view?

43 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

And like an abused girl, gamers will eagerly come back for more abuse in 8 years. 

Do you understand that this statement can appear extremely insensitive to abused women? Example a woman like me. Abused women simply don't go back to abusers to get more abuse. 

I have suffered horrific abuse in my life so please be mindful how you speak about abused victims. Won't reflect good on you. 

Where do you learn all this? 

I think that was probably the most offensive insensitive and ignorant statement I ever read. 

I'm sorry to say but that was in extremely poor taste. 

I'm feeling extremely hurt by such a comment. 

Edited by Preety_India

INTP loner..... Live a Roman.  Die a Roman...... Nothing else but to enjoy  the rest of my dream. Love it. (I'm more Roman than you'll ever be ) only guys with zero ego and zero passive aggressive can talk to me, rest need not bother 

Preety preety

I dont know why everybody is hating on Cyberpunk, from experience its pretty good game.

@Leo Gura

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Meh... Witcher 3 is way overrated.

CDPR was way overrated, and now reality hits. They bit off more than they could chew with this game.

Gamers are so gullible and easy to exploit. Just give a game a Bladerunner theme and Keanu Reeves, and you sell 8 million units overnight regardless of substance.

And like an abused girl, gamers will eagerly come back for more abuse in 8 years. And so will the absued developers. They too will come back for more crunch. And so the industry churns on.

Yes, it's sad how easy it is to manipulate gamers into buying more games, as some are not aware how the industry works and how their marketing systems exploit their own psychology against them.

On a side note, I'd appreciate more sophisticated analogies, and less demonizing examples, as that came off a bit animalistic and insensitive. Thanks.

2 hours ago, DocWatts said:

@Leo Gura You know calling something Overrated without giving any substantive critique gives off vibes of someone trying to be Edgy or Contrarian.

And sometimes a thing is just overrated.

I know you also worked in the games industry Leo, are there any games in particular that you happen to hold in high esteem? Maybe something that would be a better direction for the Industry, in your view?

Too many to list them all.

2 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Do you understand that this statement can appear extremely insensitive to abused women? Example a woman like me. Abused women simply don't go back to abusers to get more abuse. 

I have suffered horrific abuse in my life so please be mindful how you speak about abused victims. Won't reflect good on you.

The trope of women falling in love with their abusers is nothing new. Happens all the time. It's not offensive to say so. And the relationship between gamer fanboys and game publishers is almost the same dynamic on a psychological level. Fanboys love games, and game publishes know this and abuse them for it because they know the gamer is too addicted to leave.

There is nothing personal in what I said.

2 hours ago, GroovyGuru said:

@Leo Gura My younger brother is a massive fan of the Witcher 3 and he is demanding me to ask you what your problems are with it. 

I hate how linear it is. It doesn't let me play it. Just as it gets me wet to play, it takes away my control and forces me to listen to its story and jump through its hoops like a circus monkey.

I don't like games which try to be movies rather than games.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The trope of women falling in love with their abusers is nothing new. Happens all the time. It's not offensive to say so. And the relationship between gamer fanboys and game publishers is almost the same dynamic on a psychological level. Fanboys love games, and game publishes know this and abuse them for it because they know the gamer is too addicted to leave.

There is nothing personal in what I said.

I disagree with you. Women get manipulated by Abusers. You're trying to make it look like they're asking for it. 

But whatever you think. Also whatever you say on the forum is a serious deal because people look up to you. People follow you, like you, obey you, rely on you and trust you. So for you to say that nothing you say should be taken personally is a cop out and a bit of a stretch. 

What you say influences the mind deeply, you have that kind of control although you don't realize it. 

You didn't become famous for nothing. So please be mindful of every word you use so that it doesn't hurt anyone, personally or not personally. 

Preety preety