ShardMare

I dont know what job i want...

24 posts in this topic

I've been thinking about what job i want, I looked at different jobs lists and I found nothing. All of them boring 9-5 and dont do nothing meaningful. Im interested in philosophy, psychology, spirituality but there is no "trodden path", there are no traditional jobs just psychologist,counselor,psychiatrist etc. But i dont like interacting with people and helping is not necesseraly my value. I like knowledge, truth, excitement(idk its actually my value, my whole day is usually very boring probably thats why i wrote it, im insensitive person so i guess i need more excitement), learning, working hard, consciousness. My strenghts: i love learning,im openminded,disciplined,optimist. Where do i find jobs that are not traditional and are kinda new? Can someone link me these kind of list of jobs? Everywhere i just find traditional jobs and I dont like none of those. So i guess i only have business. So how do i find things i can make business out of? Where should i start learning business?

@Hello from Russia How much did it take you to build a business? I remember you wrote something you wished you would've learned these skills before ur 20's or something like this at my post

@ShardMare You sound like someone with a Scanner personality. Those people are curious about almost everything and they have a hard time choosing something. I'd recommend you take a look at "Refuse to Choose" by Barbara Sher.

@Advocate the thing is that im quite the opposite. Its hard for me to get excited about anything, im not curious in lot of things... 

@ShardMare Hmm, your reply looks like a contradiction to what you wrote in the original post. Do you love learning or not? Openminded or not? Perhaps you yourself are not sure about it, or it varies depending on your mood. I feel the same about myself from time to time. What has helped me the most so far is to allow myself to really feel into my body instead of (over)analysing everything with my mind. Your gut already knows what to do. (Also, Vitamin D and Omega 3 supplements were very helpful to overcome apathy.) 

@ShardMare

If I were you, I would look for a job that:

1. Pays well and doesn't drain your soul and can help you get into your own business goal asap by giving you financial independence quickly

2. Is somehow connected to your purpose and pays well or where you can get promoted for doing your job well (and raise your income that way)

3. If you don't have options for any of the first two, start with anything and save as much money as possible and then jump to one of the first two

On 12/19/2020 at 10:13 PM, ShardMare said:

@Hello from Russia How much did it take you to build a business? I remember you wrote something you wished you would've learned these skills before ur 20's or something like this at my post

@ShardMare

1-1.5 years. But I had huge distractions in my life and I was also starting with almost 0 knowledge in my respective domain (Which was the design). So I had to learn both business and design skills from 0.

I believe without real world distractions and doing it full time you can have good success in as early as in 1-6 months (depending on what you already have).

Especially if you buy some good business course (the one that would cost around ~$1-2k) and follow through on it. I personally didn't have any course in the beginning because I was broke and living in Russia (Dollar to Ruble ratio kinda sucks if you earn Rubles), but a good quality business course is totally worth your money if you're a beginner

Edited by Hello from Russia

@neutralempty it wouldnt do so much...

@Advocate  I like learning but not outside of my interests: psychology,philosophy, selfhelp etc.

@28 cm unbuffed  got it thx. I have to save money

@Hello from Russia  i see. 

I thought more about this and this is what i got: I will go learn computer science, learn coding by myself and become a software developer, programmer. It wont drain my soul as other jobs, i have a little interest in it. Theres hundreds of free courses, tutorials on this so i dont have to worry. Its a valuable skill, i can make lot of money with it. I will do little jobs for other people when i will be better etc and i will buy leos course. Then i will have money and i can learn about business,marketing,sales. I cant think of better solution right now

@neutralempty

He didn't mention ANYTHING about the military and you just insist and insist that on him, dude, maybe YOU should join the military?

You can build discipline on your own if you really want to achieve something, joining the military is in my opinion good for people that really and interested in that stuff, justice is their strong value / they have a jarhead personality type

Edited by 28 cm unbuffed

@neutralempty  didnt spam, once he mentioned it then he gave reason why i should join.@28 cm unbuffed I didnt say anything about military stuff am i interested in it or not, you just guessed it im not interested in it. Btw ur right im not interested in it.
Still for the time, energy, effort it wouldnt worth it.

On 12/20/2020 at 1:14 AM, ShardMare said:

@Zega how? Whats the power?

The power is knowing that you do not know.

God help you if you don't know that you don't know.

Update: i spent some time learning programming and i dont like at all. It just makes me tired and im not passionate about it. I will probably study Psychology and become a counseling psychologist. It will be good at college, I will finally study something i care about. The only thing that sucks is that im not a very social person and I'll contact with people 24/7 when i get the job. If you ask why i havent chose this carrer already, its because i always felt like im not a social person, my family,friends and at school they would laugh at me, i thought it would be cringe if i choose this carrer as a man(almost everyone who go learn psychology at college is a girl) and i thought to be a psychologist you have to be emotional and im not that type.

@ShardMare Hi, if you don't like dealing with ppl or are not social you will probably hate being a counselor. Not only will you be dealing with ppl, you'll be dealing with ppl with psychiatric issues or very whiny, self absorbed ppl that are highly annoying, but live and learn. If you do it and hate it, then you'll just do something else. I've had several careers, so I speak from experience. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Ananta Its not a problem that they are whiny etc. I like persuading, changing, leading, motivating others. Can i just change my personality, become more extrovert?

3 hours ago, ShardMare said:

@Ananta Its not a problem that they are whiny etc. I like persuading, changing, leading, motivating others. Can i just change my personality, become more extrovert?

I don't think changing your personality is easy. Personally, I think a lot of ones personality is conditioned, but maybe introverts can make good counselors? What do I know??

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?