Striving for more

I am moving to Spain - How should I do this

33 posts in this topic

I feel you, I really feel you @Striving for more.

I have some money saved and love Spain, too, but want to sample countries in Europe first by doing a few workaway volounteering trips and maybe meditation retreats.

Ah I really don't know anymore if I go to Spain it's good weather but I won't be able to do anything yet.

I wonder if anyone has a list of countries that are likely to be loosen up on restrictions and open up the quickest, say due to dealing with covid more effectively, because if the UK is fucked for another year then I would happily start a new life somewhere else that is all good by say April/May - wherever that is, and work and plan for the next few months here towards achieving that. 

@LfcCharlie4 and it's so cheap and full of awesome awesome people

rent and alcohol is mega cheap surprisingly, i'm guessing they don't import much stuff

@Striving for more

• don't hold your phone in your hands when you're out in public especially in non-enclosed spaces.
  • make sure you know at least one person who lives in the city or town that you want to move in and realise in advance that living in the city is much more expensive rent food wise the living in a town - Ask the person what is the best place to shop which place has quality food which part of town is more suitable for you et cetera
  • Honestly I have travelled quite a bit and I think places like Phuket are fucking sick, cheap, amazing girls, everything you need, or taiwan (only 7 deaths since covid started) + you can visit frank yang there !!!
  • also $5000 is really not a lot bro but I think you are doing a good decision by moving because I think you should be moving every few years around the world to explore and having a business online like YouTube or whatever you're into is really good because that gives you mobility to move wherever you want

I have moved quite a lot in my life so if you need any advice just DM me I would be happy to help

@levani Thanks levani I will mesage u

Moving is essential but I probably don't have enough safety capital tbh. 

I will definitely move but perhaps May - June period or at least from about February I have no idea. 

The first step is a clear goal and a firm decision on 1 place. 

I'm more keen on slow travel and occasional trips, not too keen on hectic travelling, especially in these times. 

@levani Is Taiwan full of corruption ?

I'm extremely paranoid of corrupt police and don't really want to be targeted like is common in Thailand. 

you probably have to wait until you're vaccinated

i'd like to see latin america, indonesia, philippines etc. outside of europe, they're all petty corrupt though, have to keep your eyes open etc.

it's kind of crap for the environment to fly so much though

@datamonster he was talking about Southeast Asia. But nevertheless, in my 6 months living in BCN i've witnessed about a dozen of robberies first hand . Mostly phones, purses, camaras ,etc.

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

@Striving for more You could also just move the fuck out right now for that environment change (withing your country) and just hardcorely work on your business stuff. You succeed - you can move to Spain in 6 months with money and while having a remote biz

@Striving for more Hi! I'm from Spain. If you're looking for cheap rents, bars, restaurants , good beaches and so on I would recommend the south of Spain (Andalucía). 

Granada is very nice with lots of stuff to do for young people, ski slopes nearby and the beach is not too far away. Never lived there myself though. 

Any city in southern Spain will probably be the cheapest you can find. 

The canary islands aren't too expensive either and they probably have the best climate in Spain. 

However, I would personally wait a bit until the Covid situation gets a bit better, but that's just me and it's not like we have it worse than other european countries (Germany is getting hit very badly by Covid right now). 

@Striving for more

How about Portugal? 

Lived there for 6 months, in a small city located between Lisbon and Porto. It was awesome. Had a huge apartment for just over 300€. Lots of fun.