Kay100

How to overcome failure and bounce back?

7 posts in this topic

Which Leo’s video talks about how to deal with failures and how to bounce back? Any other good resources for overcoming failures?

Begin by stop calling it “failure”.  Mistakes are crucial for learning.   Depending on what you are doing, you may even want to accelerate your “failures” to get the information needed to actually make something work.   

Vincit omnia Veritas.

I just rewatched Leos videos on developing self trust, and setting proper expectations! Very useful.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

These I think will help you. Also, you can find the sedona method helpful as most failures are caused due to limiting thoughts.

Edited by capriciousduck

Thanks a lot guys. :) Today I was watching Leo's video about how to master and control emotions. He's talking about why we have negative emotions about something, it's because we first had some negative thoughts about that incident. If we choose to think negatively about something, then we will feel negative emotions. But even if something 'bad' happened, we can still choose to think about it in a more positive way, then we will not feel that negative about it. I think that's the main concept of CBT right? 

I think this can apply to any type of failure. It's not the failure itself, but how we choose to think about it. If change the negative thoughts to more positive, like we can learn from it and do better in the future, we will change how we feel about it, and be motivated to work on it more in the future. I think CBT is the way that can help...

I would say realize that you ACTUALLY NEED failure to be your best self. Just keep repeating that to yourself until your subconscious mind believes it.

@Kay100

I'd advice watching Leo's self - love video (Skip the over spiritual deep stuff, but focus on the practical bits) - It's just goes deep about loving yourself and how that gets you out of bad situations

See failure as something that makes you stronger - each failure is a step towards success. 

Try listening to inspiring music - Coming back by citizen cope, or like the dark knight soundtrack is really upbeat

Also - don't focus too much on theory. Take some small steps. Small wins. 

Those small wins will give you a boost of dopamine - that 1 phone call, 1 sales pitch, tidy room, successful date whatever you want to achieve. 

Edited by Striving for more