Strangeloop

"Be yourself" is nonsense

32 posts in this topic

Being yourself is all that you ever do, and you never have to try to do it.

Trying not to be yourself, or trying to be yourself, are both 'what you are doing' when you are doing it, and 'what you are doing' is always 'being yourself'.  

The illusion that you 'do things' other than 'be yourself' arises because of the language we use. 

When we say, for example, "I am being myself", this creates an imaginary separation between 'I' and 'what I am doing' where there is none.  When we speak like this, we tend to imagine a separate 'locus of attention' that resides inside our organism somewhere that 'does things', but this is an illusion.  We can notice that when we say, "I am growing my hair" or "I am digesting my food" we are never tempted to think 'we are doing it' in this same way. 

The reality is.. your organism is growing hair. Your organism is digesting food. Your organism is thinking thoughts.  Recognize that your organism does these things without a 'you' who makes your organism do them. 

There is nothing 'you' do, other than 'be your organism', because there is no 'other you' that does things.  That 'you' is just something else your organism is doing.

Edited by Mason Riggle

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

Being yourself, when truly embodied is one of the most powerful teachings there is! 

Yes, you’re the absolute / God, but each body/ mind has a unique personality, enneagram type, star sign etc whatever one you prefer! 

Being yourself, is truly embodying who you are, without playing an image or bullshitting yourself, which most of us do. 

You’ll be surprised how many inner block ages & what not you have that prevent you from truly being yourself. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

No it isn't, which is why I said it.

You need to make a distinction between ego and personality.

So personality is a part of "God" in the form that God has taken form?

This would imply that God is locked to the personality.

Imagine if the personality is being a prick. Wouldn´t this mean that you are eternally locked into being a prick since its part of your personality?

If you want to improve and dont be a prick no more, but since its part of your personality. Then you are fucked. I dont like this deterministic mindset.

1 minute ago, Javfly33 said:

If you want to improve and dont be a prick no more, but since its part of your personality. Then you are fucked. I dont like this deterministic mindset.

Remember that if 'you want to improve', that's part of your personality as well. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

19 hours ago, Strangeloop said:

I'm not me. So I do not exist. So there is no be to be me. Being myself is just trying to be something that I'm not. 

You are you. You do exist. There is being. Being yourself is being who you are.

For example if I completely bullshited myself into being this one person, let's say.... A millionare.

Now I believe I'm a millionare. but there is doubt that says I'm not a millionare. That's because I don't have a million euros in my bank account. Unless I redifine being a millionare some other way. If I change the meaning of being a millionare I can become it. 

If you have millions in your bank account, you are a millionaire. If you don't, you aren't a millionaire yet, but you can use future visualization techniques paired with action in the present and open-mindedness to become one.

for example. Let's say being a millionare is defined not by having a million euros in my bank account, but by having a wife and 3 kids. And then again I don't have those.

Oh, so here you're defining being a millionaire as being happy? And you're also defining happy as having a wife and three kids? Are you playing around with word definitions? What is your game here? Well, if you don't have a wife and three kids, you don't have a wife and three kids. If you don't have a million euros, you don't have a million euros. And that has nothing to do with happiness.

But then again I'm God and God is everything so if I'm it then I'm also a person who has a wife and 3 kids. 

When you say you're God and God is everything are you just parroting what you've heard spiritual gurus say? Because I'd assume that if you understood that you're God and God is everything, you wouldn't be so confused.

Does it make sense?

Not a lot, no.

Edited by blankisomeone

Well I had glimpses of being God. Atleast that's how I describe seeing other people talk with me like they know me from before. I don't know man. it just isn't true. Even if I'm parroting... then how the hell do I know anything? I've been parroting others my whole life.

Your personality is just as much part of reality as everything else.  Just as real as everything else.

..which is not very.. but it's as real as it gets. 

If it's part of infinity, it's you.

Edited by nitramadas

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

@nitramadas But see when it comes to self-deception and delusion. Is that part of infinity too? Am I decieving myself by thinking that I'm other people, that I'm God? It sounds true in some context but in other is different.

On 12/18/2020 at 6:45 AM, Javfly33 said:

So personality is a part of "God" in the form that God has taken form?

Everything is a part of God, so that's a moot point in this discussion. Don't conflate absolute and relative domains.

This would imply that God is locked to the personality.

God is locked to the personality in the same way God is locked to the body/mind.

Imagine if the personality is being a prick. Wouldn´t this mean that you are eternally locked into being a prick since its part of your personality?

No. Firstly no one is locked to being a prick. Secondly, even if you were, it would still be relative to that body/mind.

Personality is a deeper thing than being a prick. No one is born a prick. You're confusing social conditioning with personality.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Reading this is like watching god talk to itself haha.

Also - I guess a lot of this depends on the identity/perspective/definition of self/god/scope taken on.

God has various levels of experience, knowledge, and wisdom.  Some parts of God understands various things before the other parts of it catches on or experiences it.  God learns all the time.

3 hours ago, Strangeloop said:

@nitramadas But see when it comes to self-deception and delusion. Is that part of infinity too? Am I decieving myself by thinking that I'm other people, that I'm God? It sounds true in some context but in other is different.

You can never know the source of the data you receive, if you e.g. feel connected to people in some way, how can you know if it's actually some metaphysical connection of something imagined? You can gather evidence, but never know for certain.  

Is that part of infinity too?

Everything is part of infinity.  If you experienced something that wasn't, then it would've had to come from some other infinity.. except there can only be one infinity.  

Am I decieving myself by thinking that I'm other people, that I'm God?

So there's infinity, and then there's it being aware of itself—or its capacities to be aware of itself.  When we say "God", unless you subscribe to some religious belief, we're generally referring to this awareness itself.  Life typically involves getting immersed in some specific role; believing you're the character you're playing as is the norm.  Becoming God is realizing you're actually some guy looking at a screen and holding a controller in his hands.  But it's also realizing that this guy is actually the screen and the controller itself.  It's just that instead of looking at a monitor of a certain type, of a certain resolution, etc., and being able to move your head back and notice the bezels of the monitor, it's like you're directly plugged in, seamlessly, so you have to work harder to realize this is all data. 

When people are born, they have to "learn" that this is their arm, this is their leg, doing this hurts them, etc., and they start believing that the body is them.  The reason I'm pointing this out is because it's pretty simple to learn to ignore this conditioning.  You may think you're deluding yourself, but believing you're the body is a pretty big assumption/delusion too.  If we start with no assumptions at all, all you're left with is your experience.  That's all there is.  Just data in the formats you're capable of interpreting it in.  You don't need to think/theorize/believe/feel anything, in fact, the only way you could deceive yourself would be by doing those things. 

If you can realize that you're just "the capacity to experience", and let go of what makes you human, you'll notice that universal constant that everyone shares.  It's like how you can bond with people over shared interests, shared lineage, shared tastes, etc., you just both need to share x to understand each other at level x.  If two people have nothing in common, they may still share the same language and can find some common ground.  The absolute lowest level we ever go down is consciousness, that's why we can still feel a connection to animals.  It's something we share with them.  When you become God, your connections at this level strengthen, not weaken.

(I should say:  No one fully understand this.  I've just got a decade of thinking/reading/listening from many sources & like to give perspectives no one else will.  This was a very basic overview and I left the most interesting, but incomplete, ideas out.  I should have all the details definitively figured out within.. 20 years or so..)

Edited by nitramadas

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

I feel like the trickiest part with the God identity thing, based on what I have experienced so far is that A - technically the sperm and egg had to be combined for us to be born and before those were combined, there was just a male and female and no offspring. 

B - The woman and man had to have been alive for the offspring to be born.  Everything that is alive today is alive because the stuff that birthed it was alive and that was alive because the stuff that birthed that was alive and we all go back to the same origin, all of us plants/animals/insects/birds/etc.  So those ants that you see on the ground could have been you, or the birds, or the aliens, or the fungus, or whatever - it all has the same origin and anything that is seen clumping to one origin had to come together from another origin and from another origin going back to the same first origin (maybe).

I can see the hard part is... okay so yeah we all maybe came from the same source and the source has had to continue to be alive for the existing life to happen.. although life could have just spontaneously first started when the recipe for it to start just so happened to be in the right concoction/place for that to happen which eventually happened.. (which in that case all of life can wipe out and start over an infinite amount of times).

But I still find it hard to grasp the identity as being infinity when I had to have the sperm/egg combination to be created... (although this also forgets that life can be created in other ways without a sperm/egg combination such as with cloning?? and asexual reproduction??)

When I was able to for few hours drop the human identity and take on a glimpse of seemingly "infinite" identity, I pictured all of life as a chandelier - where it all came from the same thing and branched out and saw that even if I died, "I didn't fully die" as long as life, the other parts of life, were still alive - kinda like how a tree can lose leaves and branches but as long as some of it is still going, life is still alive.

Edited by PepperBlossoms