Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PurpleTree

Is thinking the apocalypse is coming soon a thing of an inflated ego?

12 posts in this topic

Or even a huge shift in a positive direction is coming soon.

Like you are sooo important that the world or humanity has to end or greatly change in your lifetime?

In every century there have been people thinking the worlds ending soon, Jesus will come soon and so on.

There's definitely something to that.

Hope is the fuel that helps people tolerate suffering. It overlays a story, a definitive meaning, a cosmic significance and of course a sense of exclusivity.

Whether they know it or not, everyone is surely seeking realisation of the Self. It is the only thing big enough to be a genuine 'salvation'. It just seems that the religious approach manipulates this drive for enlightenment and uses it to control people.

3 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

Or even a huge shift in a positive direction is coming soon.

Like you are sooo important that the world or humanity has to end or greatly change in your lifetime?

In every century there have been people thinking the worlds ending soon, Jesus will come soon and so on.

Yes i think it is a lot to do with that, think how many times over the past few thousand years its been claimed and predicted but obviously never happened. Its a delusion that is the extreme of an imagined self 

It is just lack of critical thinking.

Not evil but ignorance.

Nothing really happens at all. And we shouldn't be paying attention to the temporary dream appearing in the world of some tribulations coming but using this time to transform from an ugly ego to the butterfly of the holy spirit. 

Stay cool & dry.

40 minutes ago, RedLine said:

It is just lack of critical thinking.

Not evil but ignorance.

nobody said anything about evil

57 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

nobody said anything about evil

"inflated ego" that's my definition of evil actually haha

It's certainly a mental narrative that people get attached to.  

If you're on this forum you probably shouldn't be imbibing in that narrative for your own sake.

@Heart of Space It is worth being mindful of such things, as we have a tendency to subconsciously use the same 'future salvation' framework in many of our own undertakings.

Just now, No Self said:

@Heart of Space It is worth being mindful of such things, as we have a tendency to subconsciously use the same 'future salvation' framework in many of our own undertakings.

That's absolutely right.  

I had this feeling when watching the Matt Kahn video about the Pleiadian Prophecy. I was like: this is the purification/the apocalypse he is talking about, and it's coming soon!

And then at the end of the transmission he says: "What a beginning, what a beginning!" and I was like: "Oh crap, it's still a few centuries/millenia away..."

Thinking like this is as much part of the journey than anything else, I'm afraid. We'll all go through the same psychoses and are amazed when we transcend them.

Edited by Persipnei

Hi all, first post.

I had an accidental (or fateful) awakening in November which sent me full blown psychotic, I wasn't expecting it and i explain it as a transition period into manhood, it was fueled by being overly stressed, smoking weed, not sleeping well and watching Leo's videos (not blaming anyone other than myself).

This apocalyptic feeling has been hanging over me for a few weeks now, in some ways I felt myself as being the father-to-be of the next jesus. It didn't help that Jewish scrolls had recently been discovered allegedly proclaiming the end of the world this year and that the atomic scientist doomsday clock is 100 seconds to midnight.

On the plus side I've managed to kick the weed, let out a few childhood traumas and get a therapist to keep me on track, I like to think I'm no longer psychotic, it's certainly a weird experience.

Just hoping to get to see my son being born before joining the infinite :)