Striving for more

Relapsing habit - sugar

5 posts in this topic

I just went to get my teeth cleaned and now I just ate lots of Nutella 

My mind keeps tricking me to consume sugar even though deep down I don't want to, its unhealthy and time consuming 

I know I don't want to be unhealthy (which seems to be a step further than most) but it keeps happening 

I want to NEVER eat sugar again - fucking go away i want better teeth

• Feel the craving deeply and fully, do not resist- simply be mindful of the emotion/feeling
  • Have a clear vision, understanding of why you don't want to eat sugar
    • Have a note on "Why Eliminate Sugar"
      • You can have a full pro/con analysis on eating sugar vs. not eating sugar
      • You can detail what will occur if you continue eating sugar and if you eliminate sugar
    • It depends, but having shiny teeth, by itself, may not be a strong enough motivation / reward to stop eating sugar
  • Replace the routine in the habit cycle (Cue - Routine - Reward)
    • Eat an apple, eat something healthy, drink water, etc. when faced with the cue (desire to eat sugar)
  • Make sugar difficult to access (have low/zero sugar options where you live, where you frequently reside)
  • Switch framing from "avoiding negative" to "avoiding negative + pursuing positive"
    •  Flip the goal/mindset of just eliminating sugar ------> to add the goal/mindset of eating healthy, having an amazing delicious yet nutritious diet that fuels you up with the vitality, energy, and wellbeing to go out and achieve what you want in life
  • Take it as an experiment
    • Examine after some time (possibly 3-6 weeks) what benefits you have received from eliminating sugar
      • This will enhance motivation, give you the empirical evidence you need to naturally feel more motivated, have a greater desire to avoid sugar, and if there are somehow no benefits then you can gauge from there whether to continue the experiment
      • This will also give you the time to adjust to any cravings, withdrawal, and other negative effects that occur when just starting to kick an addiction
Edited by AlphaAbundance

This is the kind of attitude you need to quit sugar ?

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

Do keto. After few months you will no longer have any sugar cravings.

Edited by Username