Matt23

Shunyamurti... cult?... probs: Reviews

165 posts in this topic

It's actually not just Shunya but also Sadhguru predicts a huge negative impact in the society within the next 15 years. Instead of an apocalyptic scenario he phrases it as a "World of Pervertions" . He mentions it at 4:35 Time Stamp of this video

https://youtu.be/hWnFb8FzVMg?t=275

32 minutes ago, Chi_ said:

It's actually not just Shunya but also Sadhguru predicts a huge negative impact in the society within the next 15 years. Instead of an apocalyptic scenario he phrases it as a "World of Pervertions" . He mentions it at 4:35 Time Stamp of this video

https://youtu.be/hWnFb8FzVMg?t=275

As I understand it Sadhguru talks about the situation in India moving fully into Orange and the impacts the 4th industrial revolution will have on it's society and on mankind as a whole and the challenges it will entail. The "pervertions" he speaks of already take place in the west for a while now.

What Shunya speaks of is the destruction of civilization as we now it at the end of Kali Yuga. Sadhguru states that we are not even in Kali Yuga but Dvapara Yuga followed by Treta Yuga. His model of the Yugas is different than that Shunya postulates.

https://isha.sadhguru.org/global/en/wisdom/article/kali-yuga-end-lies-ahead

On 24.5.2021 at 6:54 PM, Bojan V said:

@yannick Why would anyone dedicate 5+ years to their cause? I thought the only cause of someone who goes in ashram is transcendence and shadow work.

You would have to ask them. That would be the ideal but people also go and live in ashrams or monestaries to flee from life and society when they can't get their shit together and they feel like the living conditions there are better than in society.

The guy went to work on his own enlightment for sure but also worked for the organisation. 10 years ago the ashram didn't exist. It needed to be built. That was Shunya's vision. And to awaken mankind. He needed people to help him with that and people did. That's what I meant by deicating himself to their cause..

9 hours ago, knakoo said:

Well is it necessary or even helpful to know about enlightenment conceptually to wake up ? 

Yes, it's crucial.

9 hours ago, knakoo said:

Also strong devotion to your guru is part of the culture in India and it seems to work pretty well.

Being a sheep doesn't work pretty well.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Does this guy teach enlightenment?

I've never been to his ashram.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Leo Gura I was actually feeling the same in my Vipassana retreat. So many sheep people here and they don't even know what they are doing, why they are doing it and what's even there\what's possible. 95% of them were here for some lame reasons such as reducing their suffering, and then you're like - what the fuck? Where are all serious folks?

There was one guy on my retreat who was hardcore into psychedelics and who's done 40 days retreats in some Thai Monastery. Now this guy was quite the opposite, he quickly gathered quite an audience around him on the 10th "talk day". But these people are rare af. It feels so fucking lonely. All you face are just a bunch of normies who are maybe 10% more awake than a regular person from streets

Edited by Hello from Russia

If you are on a meditation retreat, the best thing you can do is follow the instructions.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

2 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Does this guy teach enlightenment?

I've never been to his ashram.

Supposedly - but it seems no one is getting enlightened.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 hours ago, Hello from Russia said:

@Leo Gura I was actually feeling the same in my Vipassana retreat. So many sheep people here and they don't even know what they are doing, why they are doing it and what's even there\what's possible. 95% of them were here for some lame reasons such as reducing their suffering, and then you're like - what the fuck? Where are all serious folks?

There was one guy on my retreat who was hardcore into psychedelics and who's done 40 days retreats in some Thai Monastery. Now this guy was quite the opposite, he quickly gathered quite an audience around him on the 10th "talk day". But these people are rare af. It feels so fucking lonely. All you face are just a bunch of normies who are maybe 10% more awake than a regular person from streets

Because the most serious people don't need to practice in a group. A group is designed for lazy sheeple.

If a person was serious she would just sit down and become awake. The rest is games.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Because the most serious people don't need to practice in a group. A group is designed for lazy sheeple.

If a person was serious she would just sit down and become awake. The rest is games.

But would you say the spiritual retreats phenomena is actually a very good thing for humanity in general?

These normie guys still seem to benefit a lot from it, despite not having awakenings off of it. They tend to look at their life in a different light, eager to fix various issues, having insights on them, etc, etc, etc

I am actually creating a new business offering right now, specifically aimed to help these retreat organizations to brand and market themselves better, through graphic design, good messaging and other such means. I am constantly contemplating if these guys provide provide a really genuine value to society, cause it's kinda my life purpose bet right here (which is about Empowering/creating conscious businesses and organizations) 

Edited by Hello from Russia

3 hours ago, Hello from Russia said:

But would you say the spiritual retreats phenomena is actually a very good thing for humanity in general?

Sure, it's better than watching YT all day long.

These normie guys still seem to benefit a lot from it, despite not having awakenings off of it. They tend to look at their life in a different light now, eager to fix various issues, having insights on them, etc, etc, etc

Yes, of course there are benefits.

I am actually creating a new business offering right now, specifically aimed to help these retreat organizations to brand and market themselves better, through graphic design, good messaging and other such means. I am constantly contemplating if these guys provide provide a really genuine value to society, cause it's kinda my life purpose bet right here (which is about Empowering/creating conscious businesses and organizations) 

Yes, it's valuable. As long as it doesn't turn into a cult.

15 hours ago, yannick said:

As I understand it Sadhguru talks about the situation in India moving fully into Orange and the impacts the 4th industrial revolution will have on it's society and on mankind as a whole and the challenges it will entail. The "pervertions" he speaks of already take place in the west for a while now.

What Shunya speaks of is the destruction of civilization as we now it at the end of Kali Yuga. Sadhguru states that we are not even in Kali Yuga but Dvapara Yuga followed by Treta Yuga. His model of the Yugas is different than that Shunya postulates.

https://isha.sadhguru.org/global/en/wisdom/article/kali-yuga-end-lies-ahead

Yeah, agreed completely.

The most respected model out there from Sri Yukteshwara Giri (Yogananda's Guru) says that we are in the beginning of Dvapara Yuga but Sadhguru says we are at the end of Dvapara Yuga. You got any opinion about it?

If anything we're in the Dumass Yuga.

All these fucking yugas are imaginary. Wake up!

@Leo Gura ??? LMAO

Very much true but I just treat the Yuga Model like Spiral Dynamics. It's just a model

@Leo Gura The reason we might see Sadhguru followers not been critical thinkers is probably because Sadhguru's Goal is to give a tiny drop of spirituality to every person in the world before he dies. I think a huge movement like that can stop or slow down all the "Pervertions" that will happen in the coming decades when large number of people will move from Stage Blue to Orange, like he predicts.   Buddha also did a massive movement during his time, he just went from town to town and spread his teachings at a distilled level to as many people as possible. Atleast that's what the stories say.

That is very different from giving advanced spiritual teachings to a very small niche of people like you do, which he also does in private in the ashram (I've seen it). 

I think we need both in the world, people like you and also him, to make the maximum impact.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

There is a group energy when meditating in group that is helpful.

Most "hardcore seekers" are in ashrams spending a lot of time meditating in group, are they not ?

21 minutes ago, knakoo said:

Most "hardcore seekers" are in ashrams spending a lot of time meditating in group, are they not ?

Not always. I mean the people in ashrams are not always the most hardcore seekers, some people who come to such places care more about taking care of flowers and cooking dinners for others, not really pursuing truth. Jack Haubner, an ex-monk from the Ken Wilber circle has written books that describe some of the bullshit that goes in ashrams.

Edit: Oh I have almost forgot, being a groupie for the master, that sometimes also a reason to join a monastery. :P Though, being molested is not fun, some people really have weird fantasies.

Also, serious practicioners meditate in their own micro meditation rooms, I forgot how are they called. Even Vipassana retreats often have them.

Edited by Girzo

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I wonder if this is true! I think there are awakenings you can have in a group you can't alone. But, idk. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, knakoo said:

There is a group energy when meditating in group that is helpful.

5 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

I wonder if this is true! I think there are awakenings you can have in a group you can't alone. But, idk. 

No. Most hardcore seekers go live in a cave somewhere till they are done. They don’t need nobody to motivate or help them. That’s just distraction. An ashram or a monastery is a place for people who don’t have the will and the strength to do what hardcore seekers do. But for these people it can be very helpful to have that kind of structure which supports their practice. But it is very easy to fool yourself there into thinking you’re making progress and that living in an ashram is enough. I have seen people living in an ashram for years can’t sitting still for half an hour..

2 hours ago, Chi_ said:

Yeah, agreed completely.

The most respected model out there from Sri Yukteshwara Giri (Yogananda's Guru) says that we are in the beginning of Dvapara Yuga but Sadhguru says we are at the end of Dvapara Yuga. You got any opinion about it?

Nope but I would give Sadhguru as the spiritual heavy weight champion the benefit of the doubt if I had to ?

Edited by yannick