dflores321

Becoming friends with my Ex?

17 posts in this topic

Help, butterflies in my stomach 🤢🤢🤢.

So I felt pulled to text my Ex just to be friends. I know 100% that it wouldn't work out but it seems we actually relate more ever since we broke up lol. 

I really want to just be friends and get to know her more bc I really think she is interesting. 

I'm worried I may have made a mistake.

Halp.

" ..." 

-The Buddha

9 minutes ago, dflores321 said:

Help, butterflies in my stomach 🤢🤢🤢.

You clearly still have feelings for her. Being friends won't help you move on. You can probably be friends, but it will take a while until both of you are fully over it so that yall can have a neutral friendship. 

Don't do it. 

The heat that you curse in the summer is the same one you yearn for in the winter. 

@soos_mite_ah

I am fully over it :) . Awakening has helped me tremendously I'm so grateful. 

I see it as part of my healing to become friends with her in order to let go of old baggage that I had for her. 

I also feel like sincerely apologizing for stuff I did in the past. 

By the way for more understanding: we broke up like 3 years ago. She's the only ex I've ever had, although ive had other encounters with women after I never really dated again since I'm more interested in healing and doing what feels good. 

Edited by dflores321

" ..." 

-The Buddha

2 minutes ago, dflores321 said:

@soos_mite_ah

I am fully over it :) . Awakening has helped me tremendously I'm so grateful. 

I see it as part of my healing to become friends with her in order to let go of old baggage that I had for her. 

I also feel like sincerely apologizing for stuff I did in the past. 

By the way for more understanding: we broke up like 3 years ago. 

If that's really the case, I'd say go for it. 

Though I will say, I started off feeling skeptical because of how you said you felt butterflies. All I'm saying, proceed with caution, self deception often lurks around the corner.  

The heat that you curse in the summer is the same one you yearn for in the winter. 

@soos_mite_ah

Yes I know what you mean. 

The butterflies arose out of the fact that I was reactivating something that was associated with a "lower" time in my life. 

When I think about just apologizing, it feels good :) . This is actually the process of letting go of the thoughts of her and accepting her as reality, which is fleeting. 

" ..." 

-The Buddha

I was wrong, I think I have feelings still. 

Just keeping it real here.

" ..." 

-The Buddha

Would it be good for her if she is friends with you? She may be trying to move on, she may not be able to move on if you keep talking to her.

You probably still like her. Why not try to get back together with her ? 

@Khr She seems pretty excited to be in communication with me. 

I told her that I dont know why I reached out to her, and she told me she's glad I did. 

She's not being dry either. 

@Lyubov I do like her, but idk it's usually not a good idea. Like i can be friends with her no problem but I'd be lying if I said she didn't have a place in my heart (I really didn't want to sound this dramatic but this is the only way I could put it lol.).

" ..." 

-The Buddha

@Strangeloop @Khr LOL yea I had to google that one honestly. 

I thought it was the bear at first too, I was like how the fuck is he gonna help? 😂

And I'm not obsessed with her, I still love her honestly but I have no problem being friends or even never seeing her again :)

" ..." 

-The Buddha

well, most of the time doesn't work but sometimes a miracle happens too and I've seen cases where it ended up in marriage after getting back together.
so here's the tip: 
message her, if she tries to constantly takes side and brings you down intentionally, never bother to continue.
but if you initiate the convo and she's behaving nicely right off the bat, I'm sure things will amp up and the positive cycle will reinforce itself to be better and better. coz as she becomes nice to you, you will too and you will be two mirrors in front of each other which will lead you both to another chance to discover each other better.

Getting back with your ex is like reheating McDonald's french fries in the microwave.

9 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

Getting back with your ex is like reheating McDonald's french fries in the microwave.

LOL