Flowerfaeiry

Why doesn't the government tell us how to be healthy?

33 posts in this topic

In regards to coronavirus, why is the protocol simply, wash your hands, wear a mask, social distance, get a vaccine? What happened to good old fashioned taking care of your health? And why hasn't the government said anything about how to do that? Surely you'd think they want people to get fresh air, exercise and get proper nutrition? I genuinely don't get it. The protocol they mention are like, the last things I would do to keep my body healthy.

"You Create Magic" 

It's not the job of the government. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India what do you mean...? They're actually saying that you need to do those things to stay healthy, they took that upon themselves as their job...

"You Create Magic" 

Hey @Flowerfaeiry

I get what you’re saying, and there’s definitely some truth to it.

These governments claim to ‘protect’ us from harmful things, while being the same entity that funds and aids these huge corporations that provide an unhealthy lifestyle. 

This system at a meta-level cares about no one, to be honest.

We are just products to them. 

We do not have as much freedom as we think. We are enslaved by the government, through the means of comfort, and this comfort is extremely detrimental - and soon we fall back onto the same system for the panacea - which is again, ephemeral. They have made us lazy physically and mentally. It’s easy to govern a lazy mind. 

Have you achieved considerable success within this system? Good, you will be one of the firsts in the line, or else you’ll be left to die - this is the sad truth. 

There’s always a queue, and depending on how you use the system, you get the necessary position in it.

Edited by xxxx

1 hour ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

In regards to coronavirus, why is the protocol simply, wash your hands, wear a mask, social distance, get a vaccine? What happened to good old fashioned taking care of your health? And why hasn't the government said anything about how to do that? Surely you'd think they want people to get fresh air, exercise and get proper nutrition? I genuinely don't get it. The protocol they mention are like, the last things I would do to keep my body healthy.

The government isn’t telling people how to be healthy. The government is telling people how to reduce the spread of a virus.

People are free to live as they want. Why should a government need to legislate or enforce healthy habits?

Edited by Willie

@Flowerfaeiry Cuz you can't make money with healthy people - what do you think big pharma is interested in? Heard of lobbying? 

Dead people? No, gotta keep 'em alive. But not healthy, or you won't have any customers left.

4 among the 10 largest companies in the US (by revenue) are in the healthcare/pharmaceutical industry. 

This is the way it always works, not only with corona,

3 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

Welcome to reality. (Analogous to 'Welcome to Jumanji' lol) I would contemplate these very questions if I were in your position. What is the government really there for? What is the history of politics? Why do they claim to care about the people, do lip-service in that regard but then do otherwise? Why isn't it reflected in their actions?

Why is the definition of 'health' and 'what needs to be done to be healthy' defined by pharma companies? They're who funds the mainstream healthcare system. Allopathy lives on selling their medicines. We have been brainwashed with allopathy, to the degree that we don't know any other form of healthcare. I would look into why this is the case if I were in your shoes.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

It is your job to learn how to be healthy. Don't delegate that power to the government. 

The job of the government is to break your leg, and then give you a crutch. Then the government will ask you to praise them since without their crutch, you wouldn't be able to walk. 

Governance is needed only for those who are not able to self-govern themselves. If everyone is able to govern themselves, government becomes obsolete.

Therefore it is in the interest of the government that you are not able to self-govern. It is in the government's interest that you get sick so they can provide you with free healthcare. 

23 minutes ago, JosephKnecht said:

free healthcare

*coughs* 

@Flowerfaeiry I agree, not forcing it on people, but just mentioning things like Vitamin D & wholefoods more often would be nice!

Problem is, at least here in the UK, most our MPs & advisors look about as healthy as a dead plant, so I don't think they really have any advice to give!

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Government will always reflect the overall consciousness of the people. Politicians say what they think people want or care about because they need to do that to get into power, whether going to enact or not is another thing as theyre most likely funded by some other rich people, but if the public make enough noise they will have to address a particular issue, otherwise they wont be elected for another term. So the fact is majority of people are not interested in their health or healthy eating or exercise, we live in the information age where we can get all kinds of information, so the government not informing you is not really an excuse especially when if they did inform you wouldnt listen. Also when things are brought in like the sugar tax which are meant to deter people from excess sugar, people protest it, there is an argument that its a tax on the poor as well.

I dont think the information is hidden or censored and most governments do have guidelines on good health and advice on exercise. Im not saying theyre perfect as theyre definitely not, but think what you would do in their position when youve got a nation, definitely here in the uk, that just either wont care or will literally protest if the sugar is reduced in their sugar water or healthy school meals are introduced 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-scotland-42569280

Considering the fact that a large portion of the country won't put on face masks while in public to prevent the spread of a deadly disease at the government's insistence, any health advocacy information from the government is likely to be greeted with suspicion, and even the most benign information is likely to be politicized and turned into Conspiracy Theories. I don't envy anyone the task, because America is growing more ungovernable by the day with Social Media serving as a platform to spread misinformation and Conspiracy Theories, and with plenty of politicians eager to capitalize on these trends for purely self serving reasons.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

11 hours ago, Khr said:

Because modern day doctors rarely ever talk about vitamins, nutrients, exercise. I mean they can briefly mention it, but few of them truly “believe” in the importance of it. Governments listen to what the doctors say. 

Thats true, but why is that? So much of "healthcare" is actually symptom management. 

"You Create Magic" 

10 hours ago, Willie said:

The government isn’t telling people how to be healthy. The government is telling people how to reduce the spread of a virus.

People are free to live as they want. Why should a government need to legislate or enforce healthy habits?

Thats not true, the whole premise behind these protocols IS stay healthy. Reducing the spread of the virus WOULD naturally happen if individuals were more healthy. 

"You Create Magic" 

25 minutes ago, datamonster said:

Yeah, in the Middle Ages people were so much healthier than they are today ofc.

Of course. Nobody's heard of heart disease, diabetes and cancers in the middle ages, but that's masked by misleading statistics about life expectancy (just as the "hunter gatherers drop dead in average at age 25" bs [their prime lmao]) to make you believe that the pharmaceutical industry makes us healthier.

5 minutes ago, Village said:

Of course. Nobody's heard of heart disease, diabetes and cancers in the middle ages, but that's masked by misleading statistics about life expectancy (just as the "hunter gatherers drop dead in average at age 25" bs [their prime lmao]) to make you believe that the pharmaceutical industry makes us healthier.

Get yo antivaxx ass out of here xD

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.