Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Batman

MDMA for consciousness work

9 posts in this topic

Many of us are familiar with LSD, Psilocybin, N,N-DMT, 5-MeO-DMT etc., as powerful tools for consciousness work.

What about MDMA? I don't recall Leo ever addressing this specific compound.

In my experiences with MDMA, it seems to reveal the ego as a a Love-refractor. Ego (or in other words the matrix of mind) will filter the ability to Love, because Loving everything will be detrimental to the self. Hence, the ego-mind will reduce the capability to Love certain aspects of experiences, on the basis of how much the specific circumstance adds or reduce it's survival. However, when the nervous system is flooded with Serotonin and other neuro-transmitters that MDMA triggers, it overwhelms the ego-mind ability to screen out love.

However, I experienced MDMA journey very few times, so I find it difficult to extract conclusive insight on the matter.

This is my take on this substance, so far. Would love to hear you view on the matter, based on your personal experiences with MDMA.

I have quite a lot of experience with MDMA. It absolutely opens the heart, can show you true love, connection and empathy and it breaks down social barriers. I am also a believer in MDMA therapy in professional settings because I have seen its heart-opening properties.

MDMA is not classified as a psychedelic. Its a different sort of compound and the feeling is very specifically not entheogenic. I've taken all the major psychedelics and MDMA is decidedly different. It's much more of a social, connection type experience. 

One of the downfalls with MDMA is it can be dangerous if not used wisely. In some users it can create paranoia, depression and memory loss. This can be long lasting. If you've taken a lot of MDMA you may remember the feeling of your brain sort of feeling hot. I've heard it can actually create brain damage and my abuse of the substance absolutely reflects that. Im still healing from it almost 10 years later. 

But its a dope substance when used wisely! More of a party type drug though. When you take MDMA you don't exactly walk away with lessons in the same way you do with a psychedelic trip. 

"You Create Magic" 

It’s an amazing tool for self actualizing and consciousness work that won’t bend reality as much as other psychedelics but can still raise consciousness and allow for a strong sense of unconditional love to address emotional problems and traumas. Every tool psychedelics toolbox has a different use. 

17 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

It’s an amazing tool for self actualizing and consciousness work that won’t bend reality as much as other psychedelics but can still raise consciousness and allow for a strong sense of unconditional love to address emotional problems and traumas. Every tool psychedelics toolbox has a different use. 

I quote this guy

The Art of Knowing is Knowing the accumulation of knowledge lies within time, the discovery of Wisdom is attained out of the Mind.

~ https://www.instagram.com/spiritualabsolute ~

If you are gone use MDMA for consciousness work, why not try candyflipping (combine LSD and MDMA). Although i think candyflipping is NOT for newbies. You would at least to have tried both LSD and MDMA without combine them with other drugs some few times. I will definitely try it one day. 

31 minutes ago, Peo said:

If you are gone use MDMA for consciousness work, why not try candyflipping (combine LSD and MDMA). Although i think candyflipping is NOT for newbies. You would at least to have tried both LSD and MDMA without combine them with other drugs some few times. I will definitely try it one day. 

Defs recommend halving the MDMA dose for anyone considering this (no more than 100mg- even that's pushing it) ONLY during the comedown phase. But yeah I've done it and it can't be dismissed; the LSD makes it like a FORCED therapy, taking you into your most vulnerable place only to have said place subsequently hugged by the MDMA. It magnifies the therapeutic use of MDMA tenfold, and the LSD almost seems to override some of the post-molly blues. It's probably the only instance in which I'd do MDMA again, given my last comedown was kinda harsh.

@Batman It can definitely be of use for therapeutic purposes and open you up to the love aspect of enlightenment and embody said aspect with more ease, but overall since it keeps the ego mostly in tact I wouldn't recommend any more than a few times. It's ultimately the "magic" part people talk about that provides the most value, but you've probably heard said "magic" dies quite quickly unfortunately, after which I honestly think is pointless to continue pursuing, especially given the risks. If you're new to psychedelics it can be a phenomenal introduction, breaking down some of the ego's defences so that in the future you can open yourself up with the other psychs easier (hope that makes sense). But for the love of god whatever you do, DO NOT abuse this drug; it will fuck you up if you do, I've seen it first hand and it isn't pretty. 

I've always been curious as to MDMA's effects when combined with substances that might otherwise be challenging on their own. For instance salvia is generally regarded as being extremely unpleasant and disturbing for most people, but what if you smoked salvia while on MDMA? Would that ensure a positive experience?

2 hours ago, eggopm3 said:

I've always been curious as to MDMA's effects when combined with substances that might otherwise be challenging on their own. For instance salvia is generally regarded as being extremely unpleasant and disturbing for most people, but what if you smoked salvia while on MDMA? Would that ensure a positive experience?

People do this with DMT and have good reports O.o sooo I think that might answer your question ahaha.

@Flowerfaeiry It is chemically related to mescaline though fun fact (despite being an amphetamine)