F A B

Is writing in this section without a meditation habit just mental masturbation?

10 posts in this topic

Is meditation/direct experience the key to not fall into abstract theoretical concepts and beliefs?

Probably gonna get bashed for this, but I think 80% of this entire section is pretty much mental masturabation. With or without the meditation/other habits.

@nistake lmao agreed, masturbating's pretty fun tho!;)

Or it's just a place to flex how woke you are... oh the irony

It's all levels of beliefs. "You" are a belief. Your experiences are beliefs, and you noticing that your past experiences can change, in your mind, is a belief. The unknowable cannot be known and if you think you know anything about that, that is a belief. Beliefs come with levels of delusion, starting with pure conceptualization, which is a not very sophisticated belief, I'm sure you barely believe it yourself. You turn to validating concepts through direct experiences, which is a much more sophisticated belief. Those you can believe with certainty. It's all beliefs, this statement too is a belief, and, can't be anything but beliefs. If you meditate or not, you're just shifting yourself from "some" belief to "some other" belief, maybe that belief gives you a sense of added clarity to what you believe, which makes you believe that you have become an even more sophisticated believer. Or, possibly, or possibly ultimately, you realize that reality is masturbation, happening in your mind. So, wack away at it. Falling into the trap of thinking it's "right" is a belief and thinking that it's "wrong" is a belief as well. It all traps you into disbelief, and it gets worse from here on, you believe. At least you believe that it feels that way. You do believe that you are absolutely certain about that. Needing to get yourself out of that trap is a belief, only to realize you never had to do anything to begin with and that's the problem, fulfills some belief as well. The only thing we can do is to stop labeling things and be with what is, without holding on to believing that anything is "this" or "that". Another belief. There's no way out of it, that's the limitation of being, and yeah, that too is just a belief.

I AM.

Surrounded by an infinitude of beliefs.

Mental masturbation? I believe so. Did I have to meditate to realize this? Yeah, I believe so too.

Edited by Eph75

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

Language is mental masturbation. 

So it's not just about spirituality and metaphysical subjects. 

As soon as you open your mouth and call a chair a chair you are already lost in fantasy And disconnected from actuality. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

How is writing or reading in this section not direct experience? Be aware that it is. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

YES, the alternative is a psychadelic habit (or any other solid type of consciousness work for that matter).

No. Everybody knows that when you reach 5000 messages you receive a rasa transmission from each moderator to get enlightened

26 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

No. Everybody knows that when you reach 5000 messages you receive a rasa transmission from each moderator to get enlightened

There might be a magic number, but I won't tell what it is. xD

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

You believe you exist. It all comes from there. You can't get away from belief, not even with meditation.

Edited by LastThursday

All stories and explanations are false.