Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Peo

should we legalized other drugs then psychedelics?

8 posts in this topic

What do you think about legalizing other drugs then traditional psychedelics like for example cocain, MDMA and weed? I think all drugs should be at least decriminalize, although i think only specific drugs should be legalized like traditional psychedelics and weed. But i am willing to say that even drugs like MDMA and cocain should be legalized for recreational use over the age of 18 or 21. MDMA and Cocain is the most common and popular use of drugs after weed. They are so poplar that we dont really have any choice but to just legalized it. If MDMA and cocain would be sold legal it would maybe be sold at much higher quality then poop black market. Higher quality drugs is much safer. I think it would lead to more harm then good to keep these drugs illegal. 

What do you guys think about legalizing other drugs then traditional psychedelics?

37 minutes ago, Peo said:

What do you think about legalizing other drugs then traditional psychedelics like for example cocain, MDMA and weed? I think all drugs should be at least decriminalize, although i think only specific drugs should be legalized like traditional psychedelics and weed. But i am willing to say that even drugs like MDMA and cocain should be legalized for recreational use over the age of 18 or 21. MDMA and Cocain is the most common and popular use of drugs after weed. They are so poplar that we dont really have any choice but to just legalized it. If MDMA and cocain would be sold legal it would maybe be sold at much higher quality then poop black market. Higher quality drugs is much safer. I think it would lead to more harm then good to keep these drugs illegal. 

What do you guys think about legalizing other drugs then traditional psychedelics?

I think Oregon is going in the right direction; decriminalize personal possession, and begin to legalize and regulate substances on a case by case basis, at a sustainable rate and in a controlled way so as not to provoke a societal backlash. Portugal is obviously another Case Study to keep in mind for a successful example of drug decriminalization, I do think though that even if it does work in principle, sadly such a humane policy might be a step large far for a big portion of the country.

As far as legalization, I think case by case is definitely the way to go, rather than legalizing everything. Certainty some substances are more benign than others, and we should take in to account if it has any medicinal benefits and also its potential for abuse. Show that legalization works with things like weed and psychedelics, then maybe consider legalizing other drugs if it makes sense.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

I would favor decriminalization first. Legalization is much more complex. I think the U.S. is ready for federal legalization of cannabis, yet not yet ready for other substances, such as psychedelics. I would like to see a federal decriminalization of psychedelics and a couple years of education and regulatory development before legalization. If any business can sell psychedelics right now, it would be a mess. There would be a lot of bad faith greedy actors and naive, vulnerable people. 

I think the next step after decriminalization of psychedelics would be legalize the distribution of prescription psychedelics as a transition into legalization (coupled with education).

Regarding other substances, I would say it depends on the value. For example, a society could decriminalize meth and offer meth addicts treatment recovery programs. Yet I don’t see the value in legalizing meth, which would allow widespread distribution and profiting off of meth sales and addicts. 

10 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

I would favor decriminalization first.

I think that changing our approach to how we view and treat addictions as well as completely changing our prison systems would go a long way too.  

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Peo

I would like to see a move towards decriminalization at least. Criminalizing drugs has not proven effective at stopping people from doing them, its just made it more shady.

And if someone is addicted to a drug like cocaine, that's a mental health issue. I find throwing people in prison for that absurd.

Really the whole justice system needs to change.

Yeah I think alot of people see ending the War on Drugs as a magic bullet that will end mass incarceration on its own, when in reality it's just one important part of more systemic reforms that are needed.

Legalize bad drugs so we can make them safe. No more ODs! 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

2 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Legalize bad drugs so we can make them safe. No more ODs! 

Portugal basically took this approach to great success, but I fear that a lot of Americans are still too stuck in a retributive mindset to accept something so radically compassionate and open minded.