Ego; the I; am I awake?

11 posts in this topic

I don’t even know if asking this makes sense. 

there is no I yet still I talk with that word “I” ... I still frame questions around “I”... does that mean I’m not awake? I know there is no me. No self, no I, and I know there is no awakening, but how else am I to refer to these thoughts and this awareness? Separation is not absent in my life, even if it’s fictitious. If I continue to speak with “I” does that mean I’m not doing this awakening business right? Or is it like water and wood, as before so it remains after? These thoughts I have do not get heard by the others in my life. Referring to this self as “I” and “my” seems only natural; or does that mean I’m not getting it, that there is no self?

To navigate life, it is necessary to think in terms of little "you", even when you realize that You are already everything.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

1 hour ago, 73809 said:

I don’t even know if asking this makes sense. 

there is no I yet still I talk with that word “I” ... I still frame questions around “I”... does that mean I’m not awake? I know there is no me. No self, no I, and I know there is no awakening, but how else am I to refer to these thoughts and this awareness? Separation is not absent in my life, even if it’s fictitious. If I continue to speak with “I” does that mean I’m not doing this awakening business right? Or is it like water and wood, as before so it remains after? These thoughts I have do not get heard by the others in my life. Referring to this self as “I” and “my” seems only natural; or does that mean I’m not getting it, that there is no self?

Yep, I, ME, YOU, MY are just words used for communication purposes.

There's nothing right or wrong with anything, only a conditioned thought would say otherwise.... there already is no one to do Awakening wrong ?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

There is no you but you still have to live as if there is a you. The good news is there is no you to do it so you don't have to worry about it. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

There is no you but you still have to live as if there is a you. The good news is there is no you to do it so you don't have to worry about it. 

Neat ??

It depends on how you say it, think it or feel it, there is a million different ways to say I, experiment with it ?, its fun 

On 12/11/2020 at 0:59 PM, 73809 said:

Referring to this self as “I” and “my” seems only natural

Because it is.  Forget all the non-dual talk.  If you are self conscious about being able to be you then in the very desire to be non-dual you are actually demonizing duality, thereby  never allowing yourself to one day come full circle - embracing all as One.   Typically you will realize there is no self but then later come to realize the self and no self are One.  

For example you can look at your finger and realize it is both the finger and the whole hand simultaneously.  That's what is going on here.    

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Trust me you will know when you are "awake". 

You won't be able to miss it. 

Your life as you now know it will be over.

You will literally experience death.