Igor82

Mechanics of Jealousy

3 posts in this topic

Mechanics of Jealousy (Not Jealousy as in sexuality)

Preface: I Sat down to visualize, then I got calling to smoke some weed. Before I smoked the weed, I took a conscious decision to do it, meaning I went through the consequences and my intentions. I wanted to experience the difference in visualization when high on weed or not. I also had a quarter of modafinil in the morning. I started visualizing about my ex, and of the particular incidents of when I jealous of her as she told me of something I interpreted as her having achieved (she specifically told me of a spiritual experience of hers. I investigated the memory I had of what I thought about and how I felt in that moment and based on that, I went to write about my insights, and here they are. So, please add to this or correct me if I'm wrong.

• Jealousy is all about what the ego wants. Longing would be there if it would be a true need, but when it comes to wants, Jealousy is felt when another person has what you desperately want.
  • If you didn't need or want what the person has, and you love the other person, you will feel either celebratory emotions or pride or both.
  • When the ego wants something, it gets jealous if another person has it, but to have the jealousy survive, it has to be unconscious. It's made unconscious using projection.
    • Using projection means that you'd never think you are creating your own jealousy, that your jealousy is untenable, but you will rather think that your jealousy is out there in the world
  • Jealousy is quite limiting. If we are jealousy, we are also unconfident in our abilities and path towards what we want. We are also in a need for love, which manifests itself in egoic wants.
  • Jealousy = Need for love & self-esteem.
    • Jealousy survives using projection because projection makes jealousy more tenable.
    • Self-esteem is what determines how aware you are of your true needs, if you are unaware of your true needs, it's much easier for jealousy to become tenable - because of the lack of a true reference point (of what your true needs are) to limit the self-deception potential - a lack of security which allows for more reasons for projection to pass.
  • The more jealous, the more unaware you are of your true needs, thus the more insecure you are about fulfilling them.
  • The more you are jealous, the less capable you are of having/getting love for yourself.
  • Jealousy indicates to you what you want, investigate what you want, and discover what you truly need.
  • Getting Jealous of other people's success entails that you want success as a way to fulfill an underlying need, entailing that you are unconscious of why you truly want success. You "needing" success means that you are unconfident in your own abilities to meet your own needs (?). 
  • What you truly need is always, and only, love; and its more direct forms. If you keep experiencing  jealousy, it means that you have not made the jealousy go away by either:
  1. Fulfilling your wants
  2. Fulfilling your needs
  3. Being on conscious track of fulfilling your own needs
  4. Being conscious enough to see the mechanics of jealousy and its untenableness.
  5. Combinations of above
  • You can become conscious enough to see how your own jealousy works, and see that you are fabricating your own jealousy, making yourself feel bad. This makes the jealousy untenable and so it disappears. The opposite to this is to be unconscious of how untenable jealousy is, as you project the jealousy in the successful attempt of making it credible, "out there", "solid", and valid.
  • So, by overview, if you are feeling jealous, you have unmet needs of love which you are unconscious of having as you veil them with wants (attempting to formalizing your needs and shaping them according to your web of beliefs), this entails that you are insecure about meeting your needs & wants because you have not found a way to fulfill them yet!
    • You are also not seeing through the jealousy to regard it as self-fabricated, so you are most probably projecting your jealousy onto others,
  • This is one example of why consciousness = Love. And jealousy = a selfish, unconscious emotion - in the emotional spectrum of selfishness & unconsciousness vs selflessness & consciousness. For Jealousy to exist, a certain amount of self-deception has to exist as well.
    • The emotion of longing lies in between of these, where longing occurs if you regard your wants as accurate to your true needs and, that you are confident in them being achievable for you, but you have yet to fulfill these needs, and the mechanics below triggers the emotion for you.
  • The highest form of jealousy is pride (for another). The emotions "getting higher" the more consciousness and love is mixed into the situation triggering either of these emotions of pride and jealousy; Where the basis of a situation structurally includes:
  • Trigger: Someone else whom you relate to, which has accomplished something you regard as positive and something to be had.
Edited by Igor82
Correcting wrong statements

27 minutes ago, Igor82 said:

jealousy is pride (for another).

I misread your quote but it makes a strong point anyways.

Jealousy is pride (for another person).

The voice of pride says "I OWN a piece of consciousness." or "I OWN a piece of God."

Jealousy is when the ego looks at someone who "OWNS a piece of God" .... and then says "That's not fair!! I want to OWN that piece of God too!".  

Ownership leads to pride.

Pride leads to jealousy.

The concept of "this is mine" leads to confusion on a metaphysical level...... Jealousy is a side effect of the ownership games that we play.

I HAVE = ego

I WANT to HAVE what they HAVE = ego responding to ego (aka jealousy)

However; a person who , like you said, has their needs met or who has transcended the ego won't fall into jealousy.

But jealousy does not exist in a SILO.

Jealousy is an egoic reaction to ownership.

Ownership is an illusion.

@Brittany Thank you, that's a beautiful response.

I guess the more we identify with the ego (beliefs boundaries, etc), the more likely we are to feel negative emotions as it's unavoidable if other people around you also are identified with their ego's.

I guess the only ones who can get away with feeling more of the "power", and less of the negative emotions when it comes to identifying with the ego, are the people who would be in total control over a situation which makes them perceive themselves as the most powerful around.

Gosh, people can SUFFER.

Thank you for adding ownership to the equation. I am jealous of other people owning cool experiences... I also wanna own cool experiences. I want to experience stuff, put stuff into memory. I don't know why I want that. I don't feel like I need it, but I want it.

Who do we want to own different parts of reality?