dflores321

Why does journaling help?

18 posts in this topic

It's a powerful way to focus your thoughts and put them out in front of you so that you can visually see them. Awareness is powerful, journaling makes us aware of our thoughts and gathers them together in an intentional and explicit way rather than just going around having a general thought every now and then. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw 👍 

It helps make sense of things that you are going through. I have many insights when I journal. I like to write freely, and then "polish" what I wrote (but never to the point of stressing myself to perfect too much what I wrote). Anyway, after I'm done with it, I'm more centered. It's very therapeutical. 

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on the fighting the old, but on building the new." — Socrates

Writing is useful for humans, in the same way that incarnation as human is useful for god.

God could just exist in dreamland, in the realm of mere theories, and never actually commit to a lifetime; but then god would never really understand what it means to be human, if we never made that temporary commitment to a material / physical lifetime.

In the same way, if we never express our thoughts and ideas through writing (or another art-form like music or visuals), if we never commit our ideas to the material world, making them tangible, then we'll never really understand them.

Creating tangible art is essentially carving the theorhetical mind of god into material reality, literally making the mind of god more solid.

Hope that helps.

=]  <3

On 12/10/2020 at 10:27 PM, dflores321 said:

Cool, I began writing but fell off the practice, im starting again!

Great! How do you write it? Digital or physical? Do you write freely? 

Another benefit of journaling is that you know the feeling that everyday feels like the same? When you journal, it becomes clear that this is not the case. 

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on the fighting the old, but on building the new." — Socrates

@kag101 I write physical, in a journal I bought. 

I dont really know how to use it. I just put my feelings and how my days go in it.

" ..." 

-The Buddha

Full crystallization of thought,  especially if the journal is in a public setting. You can heal, open your heart and move on from past trauma. I prefer to burn mine as a way to further let go and heal. Sharing is so helpful even if my thoughts aren't particularly profound, intelligent or fascinating.

Edited by Proserpina

@dflores321 simple. You are the hand that becomes aware of the hand that’s drawing the hand and through that there’s continual learning of being. But make sure you have various kinds of loops, with various kinds of dimensions, most people miss this kind of painting, they get stuck repeating the same verse in their head (so don’t draw in the same circular motions per se)  or don’t treat it as purely awareness to consciousness communication and transmutation and so they get stuck, as I have been, but simply push the vehicle out of the pothole and begin driving again down the highway of your subconscious where you will uncover vistas of tornados, hurricanes, and armies of beings that you’d never though were possible inside the true psychedelic which is the truth of your being.

Edited by Origins

Journaling helped me to become more aware of the bigger picture, be more precise and bring more accountability in my work externally and internally.  It's hard work to keep a dedicated log or diary but it is worth the effort. I think I could have had more dividends if I had started logging earlier as a teenager and put more thought into it.

A saying of Jed Mckenna also inspired me to put more effort into my diary work...

“The reason for writing it down on paper or on a computer where you can see it is because the brain, unlikely as it may sound, is no place for serious thinking. Any time you have serious thinking to do, the first step is to get the whole shootin’ match out of your head and set it up someplace where you can walk around it and see it from all sides. Attack, switch sides and counter-attack. You can’t do that while it’s still in your head. Writing it out allows you to act as your own teacher, your own critic, your own opponent. By externalizing your thoughts, you can become your own guru; judging yourself, giving feedback, providing a more objective and elevated perspective.“ ~ Jed Mckenna

I started my "journaling path" last saturday

I watched Leo's video about it and after considering it i chose the digital version. Let's see how it goes.

Regarding it's used on our elf improvement. I've heard tons of ppl advising to journal.

My wish is to focus my journal on my spiritual/self improvement path...and not on my career. I used to be SO much of a disciplined, high achiever person in my career field till the point of getting obsessed with it. 

Now i struggle and feel kinda "bad" about to much focusing on ME. Due to personal reasons i use to care for other and for career goals..till the point of questioning myself who am i? who/what am i for? SO WEIRD all this @Leo Gura???

Now i feel that if if i focus on ME i am rejecting my career identity or something. I think i was all made about CAREER+CARE FOR OTHER as a defense of my ego. Now i am kinda lost or free from that all. So weird i tell you.

Will keep you all uodated

Thx for letting me share :)

Edited by ertopolice

On 12/14/2020 at 2:29 PM, Ajay0 said:

A saying of Jed Mckenna also inspired me to put more effort into my diary work...

“The reason for writing it down on paper or on a computer where you can see it is because the brain, unlikely as it may sound, is no place for serious thinking. Any time you have serious thinking to do, the first step is to get the whole shootin’ match out of your head and set it up someplace where you can walk around it and see it from all sides. Attack, switch sides and counter-attack. You can’t do that while it’s still in your head. Writing it out allows you to act as your own teacher, your own critic, your own opponent. By externalizing your thoughts, you can become your own guru; judging yourself, giving feedback, providing a more objective and elevated perspective.“ ~ Jed Mckenna

This is beautiful! I will start journaling today!

On 12/10/2020 at 9:08 PM, dflores321 said:

@juvoci Beautiful :) .

Agreed. That was a very nice take on creativity.

🎨🎶🛠📝

Go check out YouTube.  There's some ladies that said they journalled for 17 years!