xxxx

What the fuck?

24 posts in this topic

I was watching one of Leo's videos, where he told that everything is imaginary. I was close to understanding that, then I hit a road-block.

1) I was watching the video in my room, while my brother was doing the same in his room. I was beginning to realize that I am God, and that he is my imagination; he realized the same and came to a similar conclusion.

How can I be the imagination and the one imagining? 

Who is imagining whom? For him, he is very real, and it's the same for me. 

2) How can imaginary also be so tangible?

Example: The ferocious dog is imaginary, and then I touch the imaginary dog, and it bites me. I have a deep wound on my leg. My leg is also imaginary. I feel the pain, though. There are tears - imaginary, as well.

They feel like distinct episodes. How can I put it all into one coherent idea of imagination? Is it even possible to be that aware in everyday life? 

I am not going to sit there laughing, right? - "Look, hahaha, an imaginary dog bit me and there's this random liquid oozing out of my body, but this liquid, color and the body is imaginary, and this sensation, which feels so real is also imaginary - fantastic."

Well right now, my mind is, uh, to put it in the most eloquent sense - majestically fucked.

I appreciate your insights. 

Real. <-- Look at this word. Where is it?

Imaginary. <-- Look at this word. Where is it?

Look at Real again. Now switch to Imaginary again. Now Real. Now Imaginary. Look back and forth and notice they are merely a bunch of rephrased black symbols upon the same screen.

I prescribe you 45 minutes of shamanic breathing.

Edited by SirVladimir

well dreams also become that tangible. It is all you imagining life, but this is as real as it gets. This is where duality between imaginary and real collapses.

@xxxx It's like in a video game - everything in the game seems real to the character. Your true nature is the clear screen, the pixels/picture are the stuff imagined.

I think by applying occam's razor, you and your brother are real, the only imaginary things are what you are imagining in this post.

Imaginary = not real.

There are facts, there are meanings we give those facts and there is fantasy. Where does one of these things end and the other begin? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

4 hours ago, xxxx said:

I was close to understanding that...How can I put it all into one coherent idea of imagination

Understanding & ideas are imaginary too. 

They’re also...

This. 

Here’s a nice simple grounding meditation. ?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I don't buy into that "everything is a dream" hypothesis. It simply can't be 100% proved. And on a practical level, believing so has never helped me in any way. It just gave a feeling of detachment towards life. And I also think it's pretty arrogant to think that the whole Universe is a fruit of my imagination. 

Whether the world is real on an ultimate level doesn't matter to me. It is the realest thing there is. What I do know that is an illusion is what I project onto the world. That is, my perceptions, my opinions, my thoughts, judgements, etc. This is all fabricated in the brain. 

At one moment of my life, I simply internalized this belief that physical reality isn't real -- because "spiritual masters" said so. And I'm much happier and healthier now that I block any type of thought such as "all of what I'm seeing on the outside world is nothing but an appearance". 

one day this will all be memories

@kag101 What your saying really is you took concepts as Truth. You didn’t get the knowledge of what imagination really means. You need to understand you are integrated as a part of the dream. When you are God as awareness, you’re not localised in one space. If you were localised absolute everywhere in direct experience you would understand why it’s a dream, because at that moment you would become God.

3 hours ago, xxxx said:

Example: The ferocious dog is imaginary, and then I touch the imaginary dog, and it bites me. I have a deep wound on my leg. My leg is also imaginary. I feel the pain, though. There are tears - imaginary, as well.

They feel like distinct episodes. How can I put it all into one coherent idea of imagination? Is it even possible to be that aware in everyday life? 

I am not going to sit there laughing, right? - "Look, hahaha, an imaginary dog bit me and there's this random liquid oozing out of my body, but this liquid, color and the body is imaginary, and this sensation, which feels so real is also imaginary - fantastic."

Well right now, my mind is, uh, to put it in the most eloquent sense - majestically fucked.

Since imagination is infinite, nothing can exist outside it, and there is nothing else you can contrast it with, so it becomes reality. Imagination is Absolute. "It's so tangible" is just one aspect of imagination. It can be tangible or intangible or an infinite number of other things.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura In ‘conversations with god’, God says that he gives people whatever they desire, and all they have to do to get something is to act like they already have it. Do you agree with this?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

23 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

@Leo Gura In ‘conversations with god’, God says that he gives people whatever they desire, and all they have to do to get something is to act like they already have it. Do you agree with this?

You mean LoA. Yeah, it works to some degree. But don't be surprised if God also gives you some turds along the way.

@Leo Gura do you mind defining turds? Like getting what you want, and realizing, this is turd? 

Edited by Jacob Morres

The old testament God exists because of that I think. The side of him that wants people to withstand the storms, the wars, the atrocities, corruption, etc etc. In other words the disciplinarian God wants us to grow, in order for us to gradually become softer and gentler, having learned from through experience (which is represented by Jesus and all his altruism stuff). So like a balance of the tough life lessons and then the transition to capital l-Love. 

Just a thought that popped in my head. 

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

4 minutes ago, Jacob Morres said:

@Leo Gura do you mind defining turds? Like getting what you want, and realizing, this is turd? 

Covid-19 and then you're dead.

7 hours ago, xxxx said:

I was watching one of Leo's videos, where he told that everything is imaginary. I was close to understanding that, then I hit a road-block.

1) I was watching the video in my room, while my brother was doing the same in his room. I was beginning to realize that I am God, and that he is my imagination; he realized the same and came to a similar conclusion.

@xxxx

1) This scenario is exactly the truth, the truth is not outside of it, it is within this scenario and no where else. You can't find it anywhere else so don't reach out for any new ideas to the outskirts of your imagination to discover this, because it is there. Not outside of the circumstance, but within it, inside it. Anyway, what I mean to say is that one could say that that scenario is exactly the truth, isn't it? One is sitting in the other room, comes close to his inner self or one with it, and realises: 'I am that', 'I am that I am', 'I am God', 'I am the One'. That is what I am, and so are you, aren't you?

So your brother is in the room and realises this, you are in another room realising this. It makes no difference that you are in different rooms realising this fact or truth at different times or sometimes at the same time. It makes no darn difference. Because the illusion is that you are in different rooms, that you realised something at a different time etc etc etc.

He says I am that, so it is you saying it really, but in another body ay. But that body don't exist does it. Neither does yours. Neither does the difference between you, or the similarity between you. Realising the light within you is also an exercise that is illusory. LOL Yet God exists as one, and if you can realise this forever, not just while you are in your room watching Leo's video but all the time... Then nothing ever happened. The truth is nothing ever happened already, but you think something happened don't you? And you are trying to figure it out aren't you? Keep investigating, till you have worn out the picture and it disappears :)

2) Imagination is everything. You projected this reality onto yourself, that is what you did. You are a little bit stuck, like we all are, but you are free also, free to release from the chains that bind you. Like, it is imagination, but it is also reality, because there is either imagination or nothing. Like, you can make imagination as real as you want it to be, imagination, often out of control until we can realise things, can lead you into all sorts of places. Suffering, pleasure etc. Yet again, this is as real as it gets, sometimes more real, sometimes, less, but it is all imagination. It was created for you, so it is real and painful and out of your control, but also, you created it, and you must come back to THAT.

Sorry to mind fuck you further :( Next time, don't ask for it ;)

13 hours ago, xxxx said:

You're imagining that he's imagining that you're imagining him. Strange-loop.

13 hours ago, xxxx said:

How can black and white also be colors?

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

14 hours ago, xxxx said:

I was close to understanding that, then I hit a road-block.

Be mindful of the “road block” which is in and of itself, thinking. 

The insight is received as concept, but arose in the experience of substances which ‘put thinking aside’ so to speak. 

So don’t think think think....let go and FEEL FEEL FEEL! :)

Explore and experience directly, for “yourself”, if you will. 

Don’t try to “make the concept it”. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

18 hours ago, xxxx said:

notice that this reasoning is imagined. a story of separation between an imaginer and the thing imagined is created/imagined in your experience.

18 hours ago, xxxx said:

Notice your belief that there is a separated sentient being imagining things outside of your experiance. This is imagined and believed.
Whatever you believe your brother is experincing, he does. As long as you are believe there are two point of views

18 hours ago, xxxx said:

Imagination gets as real as you are imaginig it to be. perfectly flowing chains of causations are also imagined. You are implicitly refering to imagination as disconnetted and fuzzy thoughts(as they happen in your mind), so "it shouldn't effect me".
A dog bite hurts, nontheless is a generated circumstance: the dog, the bite, the pain.
To say say that something is imaginary doesn't mean that it is not real, but that it is generated/created/constructed.